Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cutting/Splitting

• 07-04-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Bought a lorry load of syca spruce last year with father in law and plan on doing the same this year. I am busy with work, building a shed and a newborn this summer. So I was wondering if there is a quicker way to cut/split the load other than a chainsaw and electric splitter we have.

Can you hire some sort of saw that cuts or splits multiples at a time? Chainsaw seems very time consuming.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

gutteruu wrote: »
    Bought a lorry load of syca spruce last year with father in law and plan on doing the same this year. I am busy with work, building a shed and a newborn this summer. So I was wondering if there is a quicker way to cut/split the load other than a chainsaw and electric splitter we have.

Can you hire some sort of saw that cuts or splits multiples at a time? Chainsaw seems very time consuming.

Thanks

A horse with chain clamp allows you to cut multiple logs at one time. Also safer.

A pto or electrically driven circular saw

Hire a firewood processor/get in a contractor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks
    Hi.
    Can I ask about the cost if the load, did you get a weight docket or how was it quantified??
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

bbam wrote: »
    Hi.
    Can I ask about the cost if the load, did you get a weight docket or how was it quantified??
    Thanks.

Cost 1200. Regular twin load wood lorry. Father in law got it so no idea about dockets or how it was quantified.

ford2600 wrote: »
    A horse with chain clamp allows you to cut multiple logs at one time. Also safer.

A pto or electrically driven circular saw

Hire a firewood processor/get in a contractor

I find the horse quite slow as I usually just roll the smaller ones down and fly through them. The firewood processor might be best option. Any idea about costs and how quick I could get through a load ? Just watched a few youtube clips so can see speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Cost 1200. Regular twin load wood lorry. Father in law got it so no idea about dockets or how it was quantified.

I find the horse quite slow as I usually just roll the smaller ones down and fly through them. The firewood processor might be best option. Any idea about costs and how quick I could get through a load ? Just watched a few youtube clips so can see speed

It is £350 for machine how it will be £150 delivery and
    Total £500 for 1 week

Above is reply to my query of this add

http://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/firewood-processor-4-week-special/5630823

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Every farm should have one:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRE2zhvN-KI

• Advertisement
Advertisement