Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Street Gardens

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Retailing is shrinking everywhere due to online sales,less record/game shops ,phone shops ,video rentals,less banks.

and this has to do with a community garden in what universe? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Yeah lot of stuff a bit off topic here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

passed it yesterday and it looks great to be fair, deserves a few quid if you can afford it. (they have a fundit page) my only hope is that it doesnt become an issue when newgate/that site is being developed year or couple of years down the line.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Max Powers wrote: »
    passed it yesterday and it looks great to be fair, deserves a few quid if you can afford it. (they have a fundit page) my only hope is that it doesnt become an issue when newgate/that site is being developed year or couple of years down the line.

It likely will,
    Community puts thousands of hours and heaps of money into a project only for it to be bulldozed, it'll def be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Cabaal wrote: »
    It likely will,
    Community puts thousands of hours and heaps of money into a project only for it to be bulldozed, it'll def be an issue

I thought the whole idea was that it was a temporary measure to clean up the unsightliness in the meantime?

Or is it some sort of Brendan McCann-inspired trojan horse to stop the development ever going ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Whatever it may be, folks, it looks absolutely savage. It's a credit to all involved and I can't wait to see it complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

just donated on fundit, program of events they hope to do looks great too. i was in 2 minds whether to do it or not as i dont want it to become a block to newgate centre mark2 but so much good work put in by so many people deserve credit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fricatus wrote: »
    I thought the whole idea was that it was a temporary measure to clean up the unsightliness in the meantime?

Thats my understanding of the idea as well, however people can become attached to things after they put alot of work into them...can't say I blame them especially as green spaces are important

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Congrats to the New Street Gardens folks for achieving their Fundit target yesterday. €10,325.00 that will go to towards the further development of our new city garden. Good news on a sunny day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gardens looked fantastic yesterday, a huge well done and thank you to all concerned, your hard work is much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I saw the gardens for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed. A credit to everyone involved.

Advertisement