Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics and finance

• 07-04-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi everyone, I am considering economics and finance in nui maynooth and am just looking for some feeback on it thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Sam2334 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am considering economics and finance in nui maynooth and am just looking for some feeback on it thanks :)

I'm a final year on the course... What do you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

DylanII wrote: »
    I'm a final year on the course... What do you want to know?

Eh well my favourite subject are maths, accounting and business and am not sure if I should do this course or business and law. Also is the economics part east to pick up as I don't do it for the lc. Just what are your thoughts on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Finance is very very mathsy!! but since you like it you should be good! ..
    I didn't study economics for the LC and the lectures said that's an advantage.. youll come to realise that everything youre taught for the LC will be of no use... well except accounting its just TP&L accounts if you choose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sam2334

Oh cool and what's the maths like in the course and are the work placements good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

I minored in maths in first year. The modules are statistics which wasnt too bad, Two calculus modules which I found fairly tough and abstract (Got a d1 in lc maths though) and linear algebra which was also handy enough.

There are no work placements in finance unless you decide to take a year out in third year and find one yourself which I didn't so I can't say anything about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement