Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanye West for Marley Park

Options
  • 07-04-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

So its been announced Kanye will be at Marley.

10172856_10152379955539548_1462347581_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

€60 is a bargin for both of them, should be some more acts added as well. Going to be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Very tempted by that. Kanye is phenomenal live, and Pharrell should have a great set by now. Should be a decent undercard too hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

You couldn't pay me to have to endure listening at that knob for 5 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

MayoSalmon wrote: »

ok have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

does Pharrell do NERD stuff live these days? might be vaguely tolerable if that was the case.
    his recent stuff is atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Bring it on! Going by kanye's coachella set and The watch the throne tour plus Pharrell, this will be a good day. July is gonna be great craic. This gig, arctic monkeys, longitude then Garth brookes. That's my "takin it handy this year" out the window..

You're just the kind of person noone wants at a gig.

does Pharrell do NERD stuff live these days? might be vaguely tolerable if that was the case.
    his recent stuff is atrocious.

Disagree on that, Get Lucky, Lose Yourself To Dance, Happy, that Alicia Keys track and the one with Daft Punk off his new album are all great.
    He tends to play two or three NERD songs, two or three of his own tracks and a lot of covers of things he featured on or produced (he's been playing Drop it like it's hot, Hot in Herre, One (SHM) and Hollaback girl a lot recently, plus a new Major Lazer track. Doesn't lean heavily on any one thing he's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Do you always go out of your way to make comments on things you don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

GenieOz wrote: »
    Do you always go out of your way to make comments on things you don't like?

Depends on the topic really.

Does it bother you?

• Advertisement

Depends on the topic really.

Does it bother you?

not really, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Kanye is a solid live act, outshone Jay Z by a mile at WTT a couple of years ago imo

When was the last time Jay released a decent album though? Kanye does it year to year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Any more pointless comments like this and you're getting a card.

Anyone else don't respond just report the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

BadTurtle wrote: »
    When was the last time Jay released a decent album though? Kanye does it year to year.

American Gangster 7 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

BadTurtle wrote: »

I'm talking about a live performance, not releasing albums.

And ironically his last decent album is probably WTT, magna carta holy grail was a serious letdown imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

would endure anything to see yeezy again but damn why did he have to pick an outdoor venue? and marley park as well, it's such a huge trek out. would much prefer if he did 2 nights in the o2 or something. might travel to some european indoor date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

would endure anything to see yeezy again but damn why did he have to pick an outdoor venue? and marley park as well, it's such a huge trek out. would much prefer if he did 2 nights in the o2 or something. might travel to some european indoor date

A huge trek out?. It's a bus from Dublin at most.. Boo feckin hoo
    Think of people who have to come from further than Dublin..
    Should be great outdoors.. With those prices should sell quick!

bennyl10 wrote: »

It is an awful venue though.

I have to come from further than Dublin and to then have to figure a way to Marlay park, bloody nightmare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

Im 50/50 with this gig. Get to kanye and pharrel in the gig. Two influential people in music these days. I don't agree with people going on about pharrel and his recent stuff, iv likes him since his nerd days right up until his 'Happy' days!! nHe is one great song writer and he knows what he's doing!! He has one thing that we don't have and want . . . and thats money in the bank!!! I wouldn't give a sh*t if i was him :) I only seen him back in the olympia in his 'Angel' days and he was savage, playing a mix of songs!!

the other point is this being an outdoor gig. The trek out to marley park!!having to put up with the people just going to this gig for the sake of it ,with it being outdoors and the weather!!!

and lets face it , 'most people' will only go for this because they know happy and the odd track!!

I want a gig for kanye in the o2 , for him as an artist on his own , i don't think i can stomach a marley park gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,614 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HighClass wrote: »
    €60 is a bargin for both of them, should be some more acts added as well. Going to be a good one!

Yes I agree great price for both acts

Kanye West and Pharrell Williams are set to play a joint gig in Marlay Park on July 2 tickets €59.50

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

2 days before I'm seeing Kings of Leon.. The temptation.. but the cost of a hotel for the 2nd-5th would be the major downfall!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

look at my location, i've to travel farther than you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

look at my location, i've to travel farther than you!

Not by alot :p
    Apologies, i was on my phone, couldnt see location, and saw a post re restaurants in dublin.. put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

You see people from dublin complain about the travel and always annoys me..

Am i the only person who really likes Marlay park.as a venue?.. was there in 2010 for Green Day and thoyght it was a lovely venue with a lovely set up

Apologies, i was on my phone, couldnt see location, and saw a post re restaurants in dublin.. put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

You see people from dublin complain about the travel and always annoys me..

Am i the only person who really likes Marlay park.as a venue?.. was there in 2010 for Green Day and thoyght it was a lovely venue with a lovely set up

I enjoyed it at Longitude last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I have mixed feelings. Been there 9/10 times at this stage, back at Metallica in 2008 I did not think it sounded great, but I was miles back. Any other time I've been from the sound-desk up and it has been fine!

My big problem at Marlay was the orginisation. Getting in/out is always a nighmare the way security funnel the crowd. We queued early for that Green Day gig back in 2010 and it was basically a stampede for half a mile to get from one gate to the next, it was a shambles, really put me off the venue. Many a shoe was lost that day . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

The Prodigy is on the same day in Cork which I have tickets for, sickening as I want to see both badly!

I presume this wont sell out right away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Im 50/50 with this gig. Get to kanye and pharrel in the gig. Two influential people in music these days. I don't agree with people going on about pharrel and his recent stuff, iv likes him since his nerd days right up until his 'Happy' days!! nHe is one great song writer and he knows what he's doing!! He has one thing that we don't have and want . . . and thats money in the bank!!! I wouldn't give a sh*t if i was him :) I only seen him back in the olympia in his 'Angel' days and he was savage, playing a mix of songs!!

the other point is this being an outdoor gig. The trek out to marley park!!having to put up with the people just going to this gig for the sake of it ,with it being outdoors and the weather!!!

and lets face it , 'most people' will only go for this because they know happy and the odd track!!

I want a gig for kanye in the o2 , for him as an artist on his own , i don't think i can stomach a marley park gig

Why do you care why everyone else goes to the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Clueless tbh, and typical of someone who's only heard the stuff of his that makes the charts.

Listen to his albums, the man is an absolute genius.

Advertisement