Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanye West for Marley Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

It was my 2nd time seeing Kayne (first time was WTT with Jay-Z) and it was exactly what I was expecting. Played a few of his hits and a few tracks from Yeezus. I wasn't expecting a ground-breaking, unforgettable performance. It was a festival-style performance in a park. If you take it for what it is then it really wasn't bad.

Thought Pharrell was decent too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It was my 2nd time seeing Kayne (first time was WTT with Jay-Z) and it was exactly what I was expecting. Played a few of his hits and a few tracks from Yeezus. I wasn't expecting a ground-breaking, unforgettable performance. It was a festival-style performance in a park. If you take it for what it is then it really wasn't bad.

Thought Pharrell was decent too!

Pretty much this, I thought Runaway was amazing.
    Would have been better in the o2 but I knew exactly what I was getting in Marley. Crowd wasnt that bad and tbh I was more focused on Yeezy than the people around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

poteen wrote: »
    Totally disagree with this statement. I wasnt at the gig but it wasnt a festival. It was a concert and the production should have been at a high standard. They charge enough and make enough money.

It wasn't a festival, but it was a festival tour. The only reason he played Dublin was probably because he was doing the Wireless festival in the UK this weekend. Also, lets not forget that the US tour was marred with postponements and cancellations due to gear for the overelaborate stage show getting damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Good gig.

Crowd was grand.

Chilled out atmosphere.

Job's a good'un.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Was at all the KMH and Marlay gigs so far, and this was pretty rough, although alot less trouble in there than I expected. A rough crowd, very young, but it was Kanye, I think its what people were gonna expect, he's not really for a mature audience so if you drop the bar, it was a decent gig. Marlay is a lovely venue and the big security and garda presence seemed to stop anything boiling over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Lhotse

Overall quite a disappointing performance I thought. He lost the crowd for large periods as previously said. He started well and finished well but really he was just going through the motions. There was a nasty fight right beside me, some guy got several kicks to the head as he was on the floor. Security was very lax, nobody arrived for 5 minutes or so. I asked the guard did they get the lads and he told me that they didn't even get the victim. Marley is a good venue overall, and the crowd was great in general. Shame that a few idiots have to spoil it for everyone, there were a few kids beside us who got a bad fright seeing that guy get kicked on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

This is what's keeping me away from outdoor shows in Ireland these days....

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/poplife/2014/07/03/lets-have-a-toast-for-the-douchebags/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

SteM wrote: »

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/poplife/2014/07/03/lets-have-a-toast-for-the-douchebags/

Majority arent this bad though

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Majority arent this bad though

Of course the majority aren't that bad. There's still enough knobs at outdoor shows in Ireland to out me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Was there a pit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

felt Kanye put on a poor show no where near as good as his previous WTT or RDS shows WTF was with the mask ? Runaway was definitely the highlight of the night, disappointed he only did N*ggas In Paris once

only caught the end of Pharrel's show wasn't interested in him

dont get why people complain about others being drunk or acting the maggot just enjoy the show and worry about yourself

as for the venue I thought it was a very good set up 3 "check points" before entering so plenty of time to get rid of any bottles but the search was very trusting I was asked/told to empty my pockets which I did but I wasnt searched after that & your man took my word that my pockets were empty and there was no drugs in my smoke box (there wasnt :) )

exits were very well sign posted as where toilets which again was very well organised plenty of urinals & portable loos & two chances to use the Hand sanitizer's on the way out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

Was there a pit?

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 strugglebug

SteM wrote: »

link

What a whinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

AG918 wrote: »
    Average gig. Not bad, but not great either.

That looks.. Ahm.. Shocking?..

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

I don't understand all the whinging. Sure, the crowd were young on average, (that did scare me a little - at 22 I felt like 42 at Kanye) but I thought the performance was excellent, he is a real showman and the setlist was interesting!

He varied his material from all throughout his career, I just would have loved if he threw in 'Flashing Lights' or 'Through the Wire' but you can't always get every track you want! He played a lot of his new material from Yeezus, which is a masterpiece in my opinion.

I was surprised by the young crowd, but it didn't take away from the experience. I wasn't at the WTT tour, but I heard it was brilliant. I just don't understand the so-so nature of the comments...I felt the gig was worth every penny and although Kanye is painful at times, I think people allow his personal life to colour their interpretation of his music. I am more of a straight-up rock/pop-punk fan, but I think he's a very talented artist (the word genius is over-utilised these days in music) who puts on a fantastic performance.

What more could you ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Problem you're going to have is that a lot of the young kids who were there were so off their tits they'll wake up this morning, remember hardly anything but swear blind it was the best gig they've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

What time was the concert over at?

What a whinger.

Insightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

What time was the concert over at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

What alcoholic drinks are available at these concerts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

What alcoholic drinks are available at these concerts?

Pre-poured Heineken and cheap wine. A pint is €6 and wine is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

pre-poured pints at a large gig? well I never..

and you're telling me the wine isn't the posh stuff? unbelievable..

It's baffling what some people expect to find at these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

It was a great gig and a great set by Kanye. The crowd didn't bother me, I thought it was fine and I was completely sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Jazzzman wrote: »
    pre-poured pints at a large gig? well I never..

and you're telling me the wine isn't the posh stuff? unbelievable..

It's baffling what some people expect to find at these things.

I'm not saying I expect anything better. I'm just saying that's what it was and what it always is at these concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Lhotse wrote: »
    Overall quite a disappointing performance I thought. He lost the crowd for large periods as previously said. He started well and finished well but really he was just going through the motions. There was a nasty fight right beside me, some guy got several kicks to the head as he was on the floor. Security was very lax, nobody arrived for 5 minutes or so. I asked the guard did they get the lads and he told me that they didn't even get the victim. Marley is a good venue overall, and the crowd was great in general. Shame that a few idiots have to spoil it for everyone, there were a few kids beside us who got a bad fright seeing that guy get kicked on the ground.

This made me LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

He doesn't perform Golddigger anymore because..well he's married to one and it would seem a bit silly!

It's hardly rational to call Kim Kardashian a gold digger. I wouldn't be surprised if she's richer than he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

whirlpool wrote: »
    It's hardly rational to call Kim Kardashian a gold digger. I wouldn't be surprised if she's richer than he is.

she is no where near kanye on the scale of wealth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

just seen this :confused: didn't know this was a trick?

http://www.independent.ie/videos/have-you-seen/man-tackles-female-concert-goer-at-kanye-west-30405526.html

i would have went mad lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You'd do it to a friend as a joke, doing it to a random person is scummy behaviour.

Advertisement