Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everybody's Golf

Options
  • 07-04-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭

Loved this series on ps1, I see 2 of them on the playstation store but not sure which to get. EG World Tour or Everybodys golf ps3 (vita remake) the later is 3 quid dearer at 15 euro.

Anyone plays these and can give an opinion?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a series everyone seems to ignore but go for it if you liked the original, they're still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

EG World Tour was brilliant. A little piece of me died when they turned off the online server late last year. :(
    Still pretty good SP
    I have the Vita remake on the Vita and PS3 it's good but not as good. Still see a lot of people I met on World Tour playing it online. Both games are much better online so if that's what you want it for the latter one is the one to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So the remake has the servers still online? Id prefer a better single player than online. Dies world tour hsve a better single player mode? Unlocking courses around the world playing ai bosses?

Yeah the remake is certainly still online but I haven't played it in a while.
    IMO the SP in World Tour is much better.
    In addition to the regular courses there were some good DLC courses as well. Rex & Oceania. There's also additional characters you could download and level up
    There's two swing types Advanced and Traditional. Advanced takes a little getting used to but well worth the effort.
    There's more swing types in the Vita game but some of them are hard to use and don't offer any real benefit.

Thanks man, the world tour game is the complete edition fir 12 quid, might go for that so.

• Advertisement

Also, can you quit in the middle of a round and pick it up later. I remember trying to do that in a tiger woods game and couldn't do it.

No you can't save mid round. In the singleplayer you start off with a couple of novice characters. You have to play in tournaments over 9 holes on various courses & conditions to progress, unlocking additional characters, equipment and courses as you go. Some of the tournaments are over 18 holes but you run throught them pretty quickly. Game would save your progress as you complete stuff but not mid round.

There's about 5-6 boss characters you have to beat in matchplay at the end of each level. They're pretty easy to beat. When I started off I had a hard time with the last two but as I got better it became much easier.

The real longetivity in this was the online. Community was/is very nice and trying to beat PBs and messing around in online games was a lot of fun.

The SP is good but you wouldn't really go back to it once everything's unlocked. Still @ €12 it's a great buy I think, particularly if you liked the series before.

Advertisement