Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create an app

Options
  • 07-04-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hey guys where would I go or who would I talk to about creating an app, I have a good idea for an app and would love to know if its possible make

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

hey guys where would I go or who would I talk to about creating an app, I have a good idea for an app and would love to know if its possible make
    As was suggested to you in the other thread where you asked this question, here's a good place to ask.

So, what's your idea for an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 outlaw star

im not gonna throw my idea out online and have someone steal it, how do ya think mark zuckerberg got started..lol

but seriously is there a place I can go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

learn to code it yourself then.

or find someone who can code well, and ask them if they want in on the project

universities are churning out a lot of programmers, so stick an ad up in a college or something :)

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

im not gonna throw my idea out online and have someone steal it, how do ya think mark zuckerberg got started..lol

Have a read of this and then reconsider how valuable your idea actually is:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-ideas-2014-3

Remember, most app devs are all snowed under with their own work and ideas and wouldn't be bothered to look for ones to rip off.

You should be at least able to describe in general terms what your app will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

OK, so at the very least you need to be clear about what you want, and it's not simply to build an app, but you want to own it.

Why would a developer help you do that? You need to be clear about that too - whether you are looking to pay or share ownership or whatever.
    Here, as I suggested. College noticeboards, like truedoom suggested. But you do still have to sell it to them and you're not doing so at present.
    truedoom wrote: »
    universities are churning out a lot of programmers, so stick an ad up in a college or something :)
    And if he sticks up an ad in a college saying much the same thing he said in his first post here, he'll get the same response, or lack thereof.

There's no shortage of people with ideas looking for someone to develop them. So without a 'hook' to make someone want to take the time to meet up and learn more, why ever would they waste their time on something so vague?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

I just finished a free course in making an App for Android, using Java.
    The next time it runs is October.
    https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/begin-programming-autumn-2014

It was beginner level but I would recommend that you would know basics of Java before you started it.

There should be a lot of books and guidance online too. It depends upon what platform you want the app to run on. Saw a book the other day in Maplins about making an Android app without learning to program. It was one of the "In easy steps" books.

I would recommend just buying a book or follow an online guide to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Love these 'ideas' people. Usually the idea is rubbish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Facebook/Twitter/eBay/Instagram/Angry Birds/Threes/ but with a twist! Shouldn't be that hard to do.

Advertisement