Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent cycling near south dublin

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey,

Based near bushy park in terenure. Any decent 40k + bike loops nearby? I'm not a local and I don't mind driving to get to a start point..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I'd look to head out to Balinteer and up over 3 Rock to Lamb Doyles (is it still called that?) get a few hills into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Go up past templeogue and go left, onto ballyroan road and then a right onto Ballyboden road, straight up from there to the cruagh road viewing point, take a left there and will bring u up to the sally gap, it'll be ~46k from ur place

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As you probably see looking out your window, it's generally all hills going south from there. The N81 out through Tallaght is a flatter alternative with a nice road surface too (albeit with one nice 3km climb).

Advertisement