Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[GEAR] RoadID

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

We don't have a deals thread over here but I got an email this morning telling me that RoadID are having a sale starting the 9th of June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I'm going to get one of these I think. It's been discussed several times on boards (here and in cycling forum) and I think I will get one. I cycle alone a lot and god forbid anything would happen... Doubt housemates would miss my return... Would be nice for the parents to be called.

Any idea on what the saving will be? Had a quick look on their site and couldnt see any info..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

There is 15-60% discount off the range for the next 48hours.

Thanks! Just about to pull the trigger on one... Is the slim vs elite much of a difference?

Also, god forbid you're in a heap on the road, are you more likley to look at a bright orange/green/yellow band than a black?

johnk123 wrote: »
    Thanks! Just about to pull the trigger on one... Is the slim vs elite much of a difference?

Also, god forbid you're in a heap on the road, are you more likley to look at a bright orange/green/yellow band than a black?

You're not likely to be looking at anything bar stars in the daytime!! Emergeny responders will usually check for ID so don't worry about it.

I have one of the fabric straps, think the difference is more data lines. Don't put your wife or mother as ICE contact though think how they will react when they get a call, better a brother or close friend who can break the news IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

AKW wrote: »
    You're not likely to be looking at anything bar stars in the daytime!! Emergeny responders will usually check for ID so don't worry about it.

I have one of the fabric straps, think the difference is more data lines. Don't put your wife or mother as ICE contact though think how they will react when they get a call, better a brother or close friend who can break the news IMO

My wife was down for ICE on my tags when I got creased by a bus.
    Don't see how one of the lads ringing and telling her would help

"Hey Glenda how is the pregnancy going?"
    "Okay very tired though and doesn't help that David lost his job on Friday"
    "Ah right bad time for Dave to get hit by a bus then?"

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    My wife was down for ICE on my tags when I got creased by a bus.
    Don't see how one of the lads ringing and telling her would help

"Hey Glenda how is the pregnancy going?"
    "Okay very tired though and doesn't help that David lost his job on Friday"
    "Ah right bad time for Dave to get hit by a bus then?"

If I'd friends that were that empathetic I'd probably not use them either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

+1
    A better man would say something like, "well, this could be your lucky day, Dave just got hit by a bus and I know a great lawyer. KA-CHING!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

This company do great stuff and quick delivery http://www.theidbandco.com/ UK based.

WOW their 'premier sports band' looks like a direct copy of the RoadID....

Not that it matters as it's the message/functionality of the band that counts..... But Crowie wears a RoadID :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

johnk123 wrote: »
    WOW their 'premier sports band' looks like a direct copy of the RoadID....

Not that it matters as it's the message/functionality of the band that counts..... But Crowie wears a RoadID :p

I have the wrist band and the ICE card in my wallet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement