Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Controller - sticking button

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Quick question. The 'B' button on my Xbox One controller has started sticking to the point where it's become pretty much unusable. There's been no user damage to it so I'm pretty confused.

I bought the console in Gamestop, do you think I would be entitled to a replacement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Quick question. The 'B' button on my Xbox One controller has started sticking to the point where it's become pretty much unusable. There's been no user damage to it so I'm pretty confused.

I bought the console in Gamestop, do you think I would be entitled to a replacement?

You are entitled to goods that are of merchantable quality, and provided the problem hasn't been caused by someone abusing the pad, it is covered under warranty. Your purchasing contract is with Gamestop, & they are obliged to look after the warranty for you, despite what they say (they may try push you to use MS directly).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Myrddin wrote: »
    You are entitled to goods that are of merchantable quality, and provided the problem hasn't been caused by someone abusing the pad, it is covered under warranty. Your purchasing contract is with Gamestop, & they are obliged to look after the warranty for you, despite what they say (they may try push you to use MS directly).

Agreed, you just need to go back to the store, be polite but stern and know your rights. You should have no problem getting it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭j14

If its a day one controller (the one with Day One 2013 stamped on it) they will not give you a Day One controller back.

They will just give you a standard Xbox One pad.

Not that that is a bad thing but some people...like me...would want a like for like replacement i.e Day One pad for a Day One pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Thanks guys! I'm going back to the store with it tonight so I'll see how I get on and let you guys know.

I don't mind the D1 marking, to be honest I'd prefer without!

Advertisement