Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commercial letting monthly

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

what are the pros and cons of renting a premises on a monthly basis instead of long term contract??any info thanks

the business is a cafe/bar?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The landlord could kick you out or raise the rents at fairly short notice I would imagine. The last thing you want is for it to take off and then have to move especially if you have invested a fair bit of money fitting the place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭deadwood85

yes that is my concern tho it would be a bare min investment on my part the unit is all fitted out,,,

There is still a large investment in advertising the location etc why are you going to be doing it on a month to month basis? I would push for at least a 1 year lease.

yes there is some problems getting a new lease as it is a sublet,,of course we would prefer a full lease,

I see. Worth checking it out some more when we were looking at units some where sublets and they were looking for long term leases so it should be possible.

• Advertisement

yes originally that is what he wanted to do,but the company he is renting off now don't want any new leases,we both would prefer long term lease its just not an option now,,so he asked if i would consider monthly rent I'm not sure myself tho.

Sucky position to be in! I guess it comes down to whether you trust them or not. How are they able to offer a one month lease but not a multiple of that? Or is it just going to be some sort of gentlemens agreement? I would probably carry on looking or is the unit too good to pass up?

Advertisement