Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of current eFibre and eVision order

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can I ask the current status of my order, please? I placed the order on March 27th but as I was porting away from UPC, I understand I'm well under the delivery date. Just want to know if the UPC port is going smoothly.

Keith Burke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

RangeR wrote: »
    Ping
    Hi RangeR
    would you mind PMing me with your order number?
    Tony

PM Sent. Thanks Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

PM Sent. Thanks Tony.
    Have received PM and looking into this now RangeR.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

PM Sent. Thanks Tony.
    Hi RangeR

Would it be possible for you to PM me on a mobile contact no, please as a colleague of our winback sales team will be contacting you shortly. with an update.

Thanks

Ash

• Advertisement

PM Sent.

All sorted. Thanks. Do you have any sway on installation dates. Any chance of Monday 14th?

My gut feeling is telling me I'm wrong about ordering this. After being told multiple times, by multiple people that I'd get calls back to confirm things, I get no call back. Each time I ring up, I'm told that the order has progressed each time, days ago.

Don't think I'll be tolerating any messups once it's installed. Not a happy pre-customer at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

My gut feeling is telling me I'm wrong about ordering this. After being told multiple times, by multiple people that I'd get calls back to confirm things, I get no call back. Each time I ring up, I'm told that the order has progressed each time, days ago.

Don't think I'll be tolerating any messups once it's installed. Not a happy pre-customer at all.
    Hi RangR

I have replied to your DM. The order is now put through correctly so there shouldn't be any unnecessary messups. I will keep me eye on this for you also.

Thanks

Ash

Hi RangR

I have replied to your DM. The order is now put through correctly so there shouldn't be any unnecessary messups. I will keep me eye on this for you also.

Thanks

Ash
    Aisling, thank you.

I first made  contact in late March. I was told a few things...

1. My phone number from UPC would be ported to Eircom, then an order could be processed.
    2. Once my order had been processed, UPC would be contacted by eircom to cancel account.
    3. I'd be called back by Back Office to finalise the installation.

Now, I had my hopes set on an April 14th installation date, all going well, as I'm not in work that day. I knew it might not be possible but hey, I was still hoping. I find out yesterday that the porting completed last Friday, nobody rang me to complete the order and the earliest installation date is Tuesday 15th. I wouldn't mind if it was the natural run of things but this delay was caused by laziness on eircoms part. Now, because of sloppiness, I have to take two days off work.

On 2. above, I took to my gut feeling and rang UPC. They have had no such request [I did think it weird that eircom would do this, but they said they would, twice]. So, I've given 30 days notice to UPC today, when I could have given it two weeks ago.

I asked the eircom agent a few minutes ago, why amn't I getting calls back when they are promised. One to actually make Order after porting has been complete and one to organise an install date. Her response was that the installation date had already been confirmed [It hadn't] and that they never ring back. They are an inbound center only.

To say I'm fooking fuming is a fooking understatement. Your sales guys need some serious training if they want to keep those sales. 

When I calm down, later, I mightn't cancel this order.

• Advertisement

So my install was for today AM but got a callon Friday to ask if PM would be ok as they were busy. I agreed as... I didn't really have an option. Engie got here at about 3:30pm. He couldn't locate the cabinet I was connected to. NAS016 is at the end of my road. NAS017 is about a kilometer away and was convinced that was the pone I was connected to but said there were "issues".

He said that himself of someone else would be back in a few days to fix things up.

Needless to say, I am now cancelling this order. Every possible thing has gone wrong with this from day 1. I can't take any more time off work and ... seriously... this should be bread and butter to eircom and KN.

For shame. And I was really looking forward to this service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So my install was for today AM but got a callon Friday to ask if PM would be ok as they were busy. I agreed as... I didn't really have an option. Engie got here at about 3:30pm. He couldn't locate the cabinet I was connected to. NAS016 is at the end of my road. NAS017 is about a kilometer away and was convinced that was the pone I was connected to but said there were "issues".

He said that himself of someone else would be back in a few days to fix things up.

Needless to say, I am now cancelling this order. Every possible thing has gone wrong with this from day 1. I can't take any more time off work and ... seriously... this should be bread and butter to eircom and KN.

For shame. And I was really looking forward to this service.
    Hi RangeR

I completely understand your feelings on this and for that I would like to apologise for the inconvenience & disappointment this has caused you.

If you wish to cancel you are free to do so however if you would like work with the advice you were given by the engineers to give it a couple of days I'm sure this will be followed up on. If you want to give it a couple of days I'll also look in to this for more information.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

I appreciate the offer. I've already gone back to UPC. I rang up your cancellation department and they offered me 60 to stay. This doesn't even come close to the two days off work. Anyway, it is what it is. A little disappointed as I wanted to try out your new service. Maybe in a year or two, when things settle down for eFibre / eVision.

Alan,

I appreciate the offer. I've already gone back to UPC. I rang up your cancellation department and they offered me 60 to stay. This doesn't even come close to the two days off work. Anyway, it is what it is. A little disappointed as I wanted to try out your new service. Maybe in a year or two, when things settle down for eFibre / eVision.

Hi RangeR

That's no problem however I do wish to convey our apologies for the recent failures to provide you with service. Wishing you the best of luck with your new provider and if there is anything I can help you with in the future please let me know.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

Unfortunately, I'm still having an issue cancelling this order and would be grateful of some assistance. Although there is no problem [on eircoms's] side in cancelling the order, the problem remains with my phone number that was ported from UPC to eircom. At the moment, my number is in limbo as I do not have an account to quote to UPC to port away from.

I was told yesterday afternoon that I would get a call back this morning between 10am and 11am to outline the correct process of porting away. I've yet to receive that call.

The problem I have is, as outlined by a few eircom agents yesterday... 
    If I cancel the order immediately, I run the risk of losing my phone number before I can port it away.
    If I don't cancel immediately, I run the risk of eircom's "systems" believing that I'm under contract and the multiple follow on phone calls that will follow just to explain, for the billionth time, what the story is.

I just rang eFiber Cust Care where your auto attendant actually put me through to billing, who couldn't help with my issue. The agent was very nice about it but said that he had to transfer me to the fibre team. I was left with about 5 minutes of "ring ring" and then hung up.

Can you assist?

Alan,

Unfortunately, I'm still having an issue cancelling this order and would be grateful of some assistance. Although there is no problem [on eircoms's] side in cancelling the order, the problem remains with my phone number that was ported from UPC to eircom. At the moment, my number is in limbo as I do not have an account to quote to UPC to port away from.

I was told yesterday afternoon that I would get a call back this morning between 10am and 11am to outline the correct process of porting away. I've yet to receive that call.

The problem I have is, as outlined by a few eircom agents yesterday... 
    If I cancel the order immediately, I run the risk of losing my phone number before I can port it away.
    If I don't cancel immediately, I run the risk of eircom's "systems" believing that I'm under contract and the multiple follow on phone calls that will follow just to explain, for the billionth time, what the story is.

I just rang eFiber Cust Care where your auto attendant actually put me through to billing, who couldn't help with my issue. The agent was very nice about it but said that he had to transfer me to the fibre team. I was left with about 5 minutes of "ring ring" and then hung up.

Can you assist?

Hi RangeR

I would be happy to assist,

I can confirm that as the line had been provisionally activated remotely until installation it can take up to 30 days to release the number (which is actioned by cancelling the order).

I know this can appear to create a lot of inconvenience however I have also see cases of where you can still sign with UPC but arrange the number port side of things when the your phone number gets released by eircom.

I can of course request efibre operations to treat your number release with urgency however I cannot offer a timeframe within the 30 day period for now.

Thanks

Al

Alan,

Thanks for your assistance.  I'll initiate the UPC port now. If you could speed things up, that would be great although I'll pencil in 30 to 35 days to be sure.

Alan,

Thanks for your assistance.  I'll initiate the UPC port now. If you could speed things up, that would be great although I'll pencil in 30 to 35 days to be sure.
    Hi RangeR

I'm glad I can help,

I'll request urgency on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

I rang UPC to see if the porting was going smoothly. They said that eircom denied the port. Is this something that you can look into. UPC don't have a reason for the failure.

Alan,

I rang UPC to see if the porting was going smoothly. They said that eircom denied the port. Is this something that you can look into. UPC don't have a reason for the failure.
    Hi RangeR

I will look in to this today, as soon as I have more information I'll let you know immediately.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Alan, is there an update on this?
    What appears to be the delay? I am now a good while without my number.

My number actually rings when I call it but nobody answers. I'd be expecting to get an out of service or re-order tone. I sure hope eircom hasn't recycled it.

Hmmm, Yesterday I received a bill, issued on May 1, due on May 15 via Direct Debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Make sure you get onto your bank to cancel the DD. You'll have months of heartache if you have to try to get eircom to issue a refund.

roro2 wrote: »
    Make sure you get onto your bank to cancel the DD. You'll have months of heartache if you have to try to get eircom to issue a refund.
    To be fair, I'll get a refund on the day it's taken. There will be no correspondence to eircom if money comes from my account.

I'm starting to hear rumblings that my account has been cancelled and my phone number has been released to GenPop and is irretrievable. It's also sounding like eircom will take €48 from my account on the 15th.

This is starting to sound like it won't end well for eircom.

*gets popcorn and sits back*

Why can't your back office people do their job, at least, to an OK level?
    Why do they keep changing things arbitrarily, saying it's confirmed, without ANY interaction with your prospective customers.

Considering the cluster**** experience I've had with my order on this very thread, I decided to give eircom a second chance and persuaded my mother to sign up for triple play.

Order 1361913 was placed a week or so ago with a GUARANTEED installation date of today. On Friday just gone, she gets an SMS detailing that it will be Monday [today] morning. 

Come 3:30pm and no sign, she rings eircom only to be told that the installation date has been changed AND CONFIRMED to Wednesday. Nobody in my family confirmed that. That was a confirmation between HN and HN for all I can see.

Not even a phone call, SMS or eMail to inform us of the delay.

My mother was told to pretty much take it or leave it. If she "left it" the order would be cancelled.

You guys don't know how to treat prospective customers at all, do you? It's just **** up after **** up.

Why can't your back office people do their job, at least, to an OK level?
    Why do they keep changing things arbitrarily, saying it's confirmed, without ANY interaction with your prospective customers.

Considering the cluster**** experience I've had with my order on this very thread, I decided to give eircom a second chance and persuaded my mother to sign up for triple play.

Order 1361913 was placed a week or so ago with a GUARANTEED installation date of today. On Friday just gone, she gets an SMS detailing that it will be Monday [today] morning. 

Come 3:30pm and no sign, she rings eircom only to be told that the installation date has been changed AND CONFIRMED to Wednesday. Nobody in my family confirmed that. That was a confirmation between HN and HN for all I can see.

Not even a phone call, SMS or eMail to inform us of the delay.

My mother was told to pretty much take it or leave it. If she "left it" the order would be cancelled.

You guys don't know how to treat prospective customers at all, do you? It's just **** up after **** up.

Hi RangeR

I've looked in to this and see no record of an appointment for today - there was obviously an error with the information previously given to you and I would like to apologise for this.

I see an appointment for Wednesday- PM timeframe. I'm genuinely sorry for the confusion here and this was obviously through no fault of your own.

Alan

Alan,

*** in sales confirmed today for installation at time of order.
    KN confirmed, on Friday, that installation would happen this morning.
    When my mother rang 1901 at approx 3:30pm, the agent said yes Monday was down originally but was changed to Wednesday AND CONFIRMED.

I'll come right out and say it. There is no confusion here. There is just a **** up of a company. That either someone is lying to cover their own ass or someone changed the data on her account.

This is the second time in two orders, where the installation date flowed onto two dates. If HN aren't doing the job they are being paid for, then **** them out and do it yourselves. This is a widespread issue, and not just to my two orders.

*Snipped the agent name.

Alan,

When my mother rang 1901 at approx 3:30pm, the agent said yes Monday was down originally but was changed to Wednesday AND CONFIRMED.

I'll come right out and say it. There is no confusion here. There is just a **** up of a company. That either someone is lying to cover their own ass or someone changed the data on her account.

This is the second time in two orders, where the installation date flowed onto two dates. If HN aren't doing the job they are being paid for, then **** them out and do it yourselves. This is a widespread issue, and not just to my two orders.

*Snipped the agent name.
    Hi RangeR

I fully understand your feelings with this and I will of course make sure your feedback gets to operations.

Apologies once again.

Al

• Advertisement

Alan,

*Snipped the agent name.
    Hi RangeR

I fully understand your feelings with this and I will of course make sure your feedback gets to operations.

Apologies once again.

Al
    It already has, and higher. But to be honest, passing back feedback just isn't good enough. There appears to be an absolute lack of accountability.

WHO changed the dates?
    WHY were the dates changed?
    WHY did eircom tell my mother that these dates are CONFIRMED?
    WHO confirmed the dates and why did eircom think that this change was acceptable without notifying the customer?
    HOW did Monday AM turn into Wednesday PM?

These are simple questions that nobody seems to want to answer.

My mother already lost one day. IF she doesn't cancel the order, she will lose another day.

This is exactley the same as my original scenario. I had to take a day off work and due to various incompetencies, was told I'd have to take a second day off to complete the order.

Advertisement