Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Cinema Carpark - Mod Warning #29

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm I ponder what unsuitable is.. In their terms I know of one friend given one that she had to do a pile of work too but yet the council were more than happy to let her have it so I wouldn't believe that for a second.. and also this whole housing list is a joke..I was told I had to go on it before to see if I would qualify for rent allowance but yet I didn't need a house. I actually put it down that I didn't need one but they said oh well this is just how it works. Imagine the time wasted by those allocating these houses getting in contact with people who don't even want or need to be on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Get rid of them I don't want their vermin polluting the area-the oul clampers crapping their pants to give them a ticket while they clamp me while I get a bag of chips

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

I wouldn't dream of going into Douglas because of the paid parking & the clampers. Cannot even stop at the bank or the chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Dangel4x4 wrote: »
    Defensive? Hardly.

Just responding to some people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Your floor sir, away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

solargain wrote: »
    I wouldn't dream of going into Douglas because of the paid parking & the clampers. Cannot even stop at the bank or the chipper

And the local Gardai had a sign up, park and pay the fine.

Now, the problem is park and riders, so instead of tackling that, with a city wide data base, they simply adopt pay parking for EVERYBODY.

And Douglas is a capital of CLAMPERS, we MUST eliminate this scurge, it is illegal in Scotland, and illegal for City Council, yet, private clampers ~ who the hell do they think they are, time to remove private property entitlements from essentially PUBLIC spaces.

No compensation, no NAMA, just dissolve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Dangel4x4 wrote: »
    Defensive? Hardly.

Just responding to some people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Just to inform the above poster, the people who live in that camper van are travelers, they have been around Douglas for the last year or so.
    I have seen and heard them up close.

You might notice as well, they drive around in cars as well, not always Hiaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I thought it was mentioned that they are actually paying the meters to stay in the carpark! which if this is the case hence why the clampers aren't clamping then and fair deuce to them for paying for it. if they are ligit and are really looking for housing then I do feel for them but if not I would be thinking there are plenty more places to be parked up.
    Not too sure now have they moved again but see a van down by the marina that looks fairly familiar..

Advertisement