Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder: Thoughts and Experiences

Options
  • 07-04-2014 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

For those unaware http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinder_(application_software)

I get a lot of matches but few engage in conversation

I've arranged to meet a few but they fizzled out before we met

Have only met one person but not in contact with them now.

Having said that I'm really surprised by the amount of hot looking women using the application (or maybe they're fake profiles, who knows).

Have you had a lot of success?

What are your thoughts?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Tinder, matches, fizzled out. Great work on the puns, you're on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Get out into the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

My brother has this app.
    Seems to me it's the biggest waste of time I can think of.
    Can't see why people now need these stupid apps to meet people... just go out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

We had a thread on this a few weeks ago too.
    It went no where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's just a straight version of Grindr really. You either love or hate the format but it does what it says on the tin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Heard it's handy if you're buckled with a dose of the horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I get a lot of matches but few engage in conversation

What are you saying to get the conversation going? Bear in mind most women who use Tinder literally get hundreds of matches. I used to start with the "hello, how are you" lark and got hardly any response. Honestly, just come out with some funny random sh*t and you'll be a lot better off. I am meeting someone off it later on this week; we chatted for yonks on it and she seems sound.

wretcheddomain,
    Get out into the real world.

At the end of the day no matter where you meet someone you're always going to end up at that "first date" stage at some point, what difference does it make if that initial meeting is on the internet or in the pub/gym/ etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Haven't used it. But from what i know of the format I'd imagine there are quite a few people on there with no intention of ever meeting up with anyone and just see it as a nice way to stroke their ego. The kind of people that are constantly updating their Facebook picture in the quest for 'likes'. I know people say the same about online dating in general, but this seems like it would be even more prone to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Advertisement