Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand parts / Downpipes needed

• 07-04-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello everyone,

Just realised the downpipes on my bike (CBR FS 2001) are very VERY rusted, there is a hole in it under the belly pan, I had not checked this when i bought the bike.

So im looking for spare part to change them, I found what i assume to be new at 250 euros on ebay.

Anyone could tell me what should I expect to pay for a second hand in good state, and where should i look for it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

My previous bike had a hole in the downpipe too (cbr125r). Thr original downpipe was 300 (I found cheapest for 150 second hand) so I bought a stainless steel one (brand new) for 150. Thet was for a single cylinder bike. A second hand original downpipe might cost u same or more then a new stainless steel one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

PlayerA wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Just realised the downpipes on my bike (CBR FS 2001) are very VERY rusted, there is a hole in it under the belly pan, I had not checked this when i bought the bike.

So im looking for spare part to change them, I found what i assume to be new at 250 euros on ebay.

Anyone could tell me what should I expect to pay for a second hand in good state, and where should i look for it?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PlayerA

Thanks Szatan, i assume you're talking about after markets pipes against the original Honda one?

@blade1 : I am in Dublin area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

PlayerA wrote: »
    Thanks Szatan, i assume you're talking about after markets pipes against the original Honda one?
    I am. You should be able to get handy from eBay. You could try welding the original one as well, or putting a clamp on it depending how big the hole is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

City Spares.??

• Advertisement
Advertisement