Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new setup

Options
  • 07-04-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Title says it all.

I've taken a fairly standard path, ego batteries, T2s, then bought a second hand Vamo and used a Vivi Nova. Started re-wicking the heads myself. Then the heads couldn't be re-wicked anymore, so I found myself with an e-power battery and some Evod clearomisers.

The first two Evods worked great, then came the same old problem, when I needed replacement heads, my usual websites were either out of stock or only have high resistance versions. The ones I bought end up just gurgling and leaking. (The out of stock is the greatest frustration as I've converted most of my family and I end up doing all the buying and I keep having similar issues with T2 heads).

So I'd like to go back to re-building my wicks, and I guess variable voltage. In truth the Vamo did what I needed, but it is a little large. I'm more lost when it comes to the various tank systems.

So in a nutshell, with Eur 100 to spend (flexible), what would people recommend body wise and tank wise. (I have batteries and charger)

(plus if anyone is looking to offload something that meets my needs, happy to hear about it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The nemesis clone from fasttech is probably the standard mech mod at the moment, that, with a kick, will set you back about $32. In 18350 mode with the kick, it is pretty tidy.

The Kayfun or Russian clones seem to be the most popular rebuildables at the moment and fasttech are doing them for between $14 and $25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Mech mod plus kick. Nemesis would be a good option. I have a spare kick 5 -12Watts and FT Nemesis. 40 euro Delivered if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Thanks for the replies.

So is mechanical plus kick the way to go then. Are any of the VV devices or box mod designs worth looking at.

For the tank, is there anything with the Irish vendors that comes recommended. Don't know if I have the patience for delivery from abroad.

Moolers - Thanks for the offer. What's the condition/age. Will it cure my shinyitis.

Carb wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

So is mechanical plus kick the way to go then. Are any of the VV devices or box mod designs worth looking at.

For the tank, is there anything with the Irish vendors that comes recommended. Don't know if I have the patience for delivery from abroad.

Moolers - Thanks for the offer. What's the condition/age. Will it cure my shinyitis.

The VV/VW mods are fine but are much bigger and not as nice looking as mech mods. With a mech you can try a sub ohm build if you remove the kick and have the right batteries, so room for more advanced vaping.

If you fancy a rebuildable tank a Kayfun clone could be got from England handy enough, try Vapegeek.co.uk or here. A Kayfun and Nemesis are a perfect combo.

My Nemesis is in perfect condition, have it since February. 22mm Stainless Steel mod with copper plated brass adjustable contacts, airflow control, takes 18350/18490/18650 with a kick. Perfect first mech IMO. I'll PM you a pic later if you want.

Nothing cures shinyitis permanently, only some fleeting temporary relief after a new purchase!!;)

The VV/VW mods are fine but are much bigger and not as nice looking as mech mods. With a mech you can try a sub ohm build if you remove the kick and have the right batteries, so room for more advanced vaping.

If you fancy a rebuildable tank a Kayfun clone could be got from England handy enough, try Vapegeek.co.uk or here. A Kayfun and Nemesis are a perfect combo.

My Nemesis is in perfect condition, have it since February. 22mm Stainless Steel mod with copper plated brass adjustable contacts, airflow control, takes 18350/18490/18650 with a kick. Perfect first mech IMO. I'll PM you a pic later if you want.

Nothing cures shinyitis permanently, only some fleeting temporary relief after a new purchase!!;)

Linking to that website is not going to help either.

I'll take you up on your offer. PM me to arrange.

I'll research the Kayfun clones some more. Seems to be some variations on price (justified I'm sure).

When I do go to buy a tank, what's the school of thought on wire/wick material. I have various bits and pieces but it will make sense for me to grab some new stuff at the same time.

• Advertisement

Linking to that website is not going to help either.

I'll take you up on your offer. PM me to arrange.

I'll research the Kayfun clones some more. Seems to be some variations on price (justified I'm sure).

When I do go to buy a tank, what's the school of thought on wire/wick material. I have various bits and pieces but it will make sense for me to grab some new stuff at the same time.

Cannot go wrong with some .32mm kanthal micro coil and cotton. I'll PM shortly.

I fancy getting one of the Kayfun Lites linked to above but they are out of stock.

Can anyone recommend something that would keep me going in the short term. Needs to be an Irish website as I need it before the weekend. My Nemesis is in transit. Will a protank 2 (given what I'm using now) work fine for a couple of weeks, or are any of the rebuildables available here worth looking at.

I had a cursory look at the nautilus but don't want to spend that amount on something I need to buy replacement heads for.

Have a look a cigreen.com, up in Donegal I believe. They have some HCigar stuuf that might be worth a look. You package is in the post BTW.

Have a look a cigreen.com, up in Donegal I believe. They have some HCigar stuuf that might be worth a look. You package is in the post BTW.

Can't keep track of all the new websites.

They only have a 3.1 clone. I believe these are 60mm without drip-tip, which is why I would prefer to wait until I can get my hands on a lite version, assuming of course there's a difference in size. A little nervous of size until I see the nemesis in the flesh.

• Advertisement

What about a dripper?

Actually a good idea.

One of these has been on my buy list for a while. You know my next question;

Any recommendations?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atomic-clone-dripper-RDA-/121309562747?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item1c3e9d077b

Got one of these recently and its great. Best clone I've used full stop.
    Single or Dual with airflow control, great flavor, easy to build on but its a UK seller, Parcel Motel required.

Otherwise in Ireland maybe a Trident clone (Vaperus/ESI) or if you are handy with a drill an IGO-L or IGO-W, airholes are tiny and need drilling out IMO.

I'd go Atomic all day long though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atomic-clone-dripper-RDA-/121309562747?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item1c3e9d077b

Got one of these recently and its great. Best clone I've used full stop.
    Single or Dual with airflow control, great flavor, easy to build on but its a UK seller, Parcel Motel required.

Otherwise in Ireland maybe a Trident clone (Vaperus/ESI) or if you are handy with a drill an IGO-L or IGO-W, airholes are tiny and need drilling out IMO.

I'd go Atomic all day long though.

Ok, time for a compromise then. I think I'll opt for the 3.1, difference is size can't be that much and the HCigar version is well regarded. I'll get the dripper next week off ebay (have access to a northern address so that will be easy).

Last question, is the nemesis matte or polished. Looked like either depending on the photo.

Ok, time for a compromise then. I think I'll opt for the 3.1, difference is size can't be that much and the HCigar version is well regarded. I'll get the dripper next week off ebay (have access to a northern address so that will be easy).

Last question, is the nemesis matte or polished. Looked like either depending on the photo.

Main tube, extention tubes and button are brushed, top cap/beauty ring and locking ring are polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I've found the Forge Clone to be one of THE best rebuildable out there, much better than the Trident and ERA and the adjustable air holes are a god send. Zero leakage when they are closed off and thrown in a pocket. Just another one to bear in mind.

However there are a few variations of it, some have brass (ick!) posts, and some with SS - obv. go with the SS.

Moolers -All arrived and working perfect.

Chickened out of the kayfun in the end. Given my time constraints, and a general preference for the lite, I bought an Anyvapes Davide so I would have something to play with at the weekend. It's a nice bit of kit. Perhaps a little light on throat hit, but I did drop down to a 12mg liquid, and I appreciate it may not be the optimum setup for a mechanical mod.

Now to watch out for a good kayfun clone or perhaps a real one (different thread).

Cool, have you tried the Davide with the kick? Depending on the resistance of the coil the chances are it needs a boost.

Cool, have you tried the Davide with the kick? Depending on the resistance of the coil the chances are it needs a boost.

I have. Have it at 10 watts. In fairness it has improved the longer I use it. Also closed off the air control which has helped.

Advertisement