Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Thumpette, who's your consultant or are you with the midwives? I'm semi-p with Stephen Carroll!

I actually don't know! I just went public- also doing a study about pre eclampsia in first pregnancies so all my appointments so far have been with that team. There was a consultant listed but I'm yet to encounter him! Can't think of his name!

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st
    Whispered - December 4th the coombe, 1st baby, surprise.
    Plek Trum - December 10th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 17th, Rotunda, 1st baby
    Wex83 - December 17th, Holles Street, surprise, 2nd baby
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th, Holles St, 2nd baby
    wicklori - December 26th
    er1983 - December 29th
    jellybeans - December 30th
    Lashes28 - December 31st
    Thumpette - December 31st Holles St- 1st baby
    Daisy Dalzer- December 31st Holles St- 1st baby

Might see ya there Daisy! You doing the pre eclampsia study?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ohai everyone! We threw a surprise party for one of my good friends this weekend, she knew we were going to dinner but didn't realise we'd organised all of her friends from around the country to come along too! I hadn't seen her since I got pregnant and might not be seeing her again until the baby's born (she lives abroad).

We had a lovely leisurely four-course meal and I unfortunately ate too much and was feeling pretty queasy. I was holding it together though, until we were all standing at the doorway ready to leave and someone let out the worst fart I've ever smelled, whoever it was must have had a diet of rotten eggs and roadkill :S At that point I had to abruptly say my goodbyes and threw up in the car park... Oh, the glamour! Had to laugh about it today though :pac:

On a more pleasant note we're having our anomaly scan on Tuesday, nervous and excited about it as we've no reason to think anything's wrong but you never know. If we're lucky we'll find out what we're having too!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Thumpette wrote: »
    Might see ya there Daisy! You doing the pre eclampsia study?

HI Thumpette!
    I wonder if either of us will actually go on NYE!
    No I'm not in the study.. I got a call after my booking appointment but I had to get back to them really quickly if I wanted to be part of it and the first appointment really didn't suit with work etc.. so I decided to give it a miss..

Brilliant story Dolbert! I'd say we'll be all done and dusted by Christmas Day Daisy! #wishfulthinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Brilliant story Dolbert! I'd say we'll be all done and dusted by Christmas Day Daisy! #wishfulthinking!

Hahah yeah. There is no way I'm having my turkey and ham in Holles St!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm due new years eve too, I hoping I'll bypass all the festivities and have Junior in January, my aunt had her daughter a few years ago on Nye and the nurses came around with oranges for all at 12! What a way to spend it, I rather a glass of champers any day lol

Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 17th, Rotunda, 1st baby
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    wicklori - December 26th
    er1983 - December 29th university hospital Waterford 1st baby
    Lashes28 - December 31st Drogheda 2nd baby

Just back from my 20 week scan! Unfortunately baby was lying in an awkward position and it was possibly a little early so the doctor couldn't get all of the measurements or tell the sex. I have to back in 3 weeks for a follow-up scan where they should be able to get everything they need. Everything that she could see looked spot-on though so I'm not worried, s/he seemed very happy lying in there facing us!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Hi All
    Had my 17 week appointment with my GP this morning.. unfortunately she was on holidays and there was another doctor replacing her which took me by surprise...
    I haven't been feeling any flutters or kicks that I'm certain of yet (18 weeks tomorrow) so I was really hoping to hear the heartbeat to let me know all was ok.. The replacement doctor didn't seem that interested and he didn't have a doppler so he couldn't check.. For some reason this made me really upset (going to blame my hormones) when I left as I realised that it is a month before my scan/ next appointment in Holles St..
    I ended up having a cry on the bus into town to work.. so I decided to go to Holles St and see what they would say.. They were lovely.. I can't believe how good they were.. The midwife did an ultrasound so I heard the heartbeat and saw the baby.. gave me a photo to take away.. Am really happy I decided to go in - as I wouldn't normally be one to make a fuss... Am delighted with Holles St so far.. The Midwife said I mightn't feel anything for weeks and weeks yet (I think she said 26 weeks possibly) and not to worry..

Oh - I really hope i go a little bit before the due date.. my own birthday is in early January and its a crappy time - no one ever wants a party including myself.. would much prefer a birthday in the run up to Christmas instead..

• Advertisement

Mentally tho I am prepared to go over, on my first I was a little naive and fed up,so when my due date came and I got very upset, so this time I on the January buzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble getting appointments. I am 18 weeks and have my 1st booking appointment in the rotunda in two weeks. Rang up there to try and book prenatal classes before they are booked out and was told I can't until I've had my 1st appointment.

That's quite late barremic, when did you ring them up? I was seen for my booking appointment at 13+4 but I rang them the day I got the positive test!

Edit: Updating this as I was revised back to the 15th yesterday!

Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 15th, Rotunda, 1st baby
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    wicklori - December 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

I was late contacting them because the doc in epu told me I needed a letter, and then I had a scare and was in emergency a couple of weeks later, and they said just ring. I was waiting on letter because I had previous misses at different times.

Dolbert wrote: »
    That's quite late barremic, when did you ring them up? I was seen for my booking appointment at 13+4 but I rang them the day I got the positive test!

They do seem really busy at the moment, sorry to hear you're left waiting. On the plus side you'll get lovely detailed pics in the scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Dolbert wrote: »

Edit: Updating this as I was revised back to the 15th yesterday!

Plumella - December 14th
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    wicklori - December 26th, Cape Town; 2nd baby; surprise (gender)

AND- for the third time!!! I'll try again to put my proper details in!! Dunno what I'm doing wrong but I keep disappearing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

20 week scan this day week in Holles St. Bit nervous as last time on DS they were concerned about the measurement of his brain ventricles. DH won't be here to come with me either as he is moving over next week to South Africa.... eekkkkk

Best of luck wicklori. I hope when I go back bubs is more co-operative!

Myself & husband are taking next week off to start the pre-baby declutter! The box room has long been relegated to 'extended wardrobe' for me so there'll be a lot of ruthless clothes downsizing. We're getting a skip and going to throw out several years' worth of junk. Looking forward to painting the baby's room and putting up some very cute wall stickers <3

• Registered Users Posts: 37 calendarqueen

I'm doing the same Dolbert, although I'm trying to do it bit by bit over the last couple of months, rather than doing one large blast. I have lots done, but loads still to do. The wardrobes is the biggest thing. I'm aiming to dump a couple of bags per month, so this morning, before leaving for work I went through my press with all my handbags and dumped 10/12. Find it easier to do in small chunks.

Once all the crap is gone, I'm getting the painter in!! That is the fun part I'm really looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Had anomaly scan today, was great hearing heart beat and all is well.. Planning to start first of de-clutter this wend, think it'll be ongoing project!

• Advertisement

nuttykat wrote: »
    Had anomaly scan today, was great hearing heart beat and all is well.. Planning to start first of de-clutter this wend, think it'll be ongoing project!

Brilliant news! Must be a great relief getting that done. Mine is 2 weeks today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st, Waterford university hospital, 1st baby, surprise
    Plumella - December 14th
    Nuttykat - December 19th

Hope everyone is doing well. I have 24 week scan Friday week looking forward it it now. I started pregnancy aqua aerobics Wednesday night it was good. Has anyone signed up for pregnancy yoga or Pilates classes

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st, Waterford university hospital, 1st baby, surprise
    Plumella - December 14th
    Nuttykat - December 19th

Hope everyone is doing well. I have 24 week scan Friday week looking forward it it now. I started pregnancy aqua aerobics Wednesday night it was good. Has anyone signed up for pregnancy yoga or Pilates classes

I'm currently looking for a pilates class but haven't settled on one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

Just wondering if any of you ladies on baby number 2 plan on getting a double buggy? As we will only have a 13 month age gap we will definitely need to get one. Started looking today and we were looking at the out and about nipper 360 double or the baby jogger city mini gt double. Anyone know anything about or have any experience of either of these?

I started pregnancy yoga last week. Really liked it- there were about 10 people in the class- at least 5 of them 38 weeks plus! Impressive stuff!

I'd been having really bad back pain spasms and round ligament ripping pain. The ligament pain is still there- but the back pain definitely seems less severe.

You still feel like it's excercise and you get a good stretch but it's nice and gentle too. Looking forward to my next class! :)

Plumella - December 14th
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    wicklori - December 26th
    Lashes28 - December 31st Drogheda 2nd baby Girl

Went for a gender scan yesterday, I'm having a girl! So excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

That's so exciting Lashes!!! Is your first baby a boy or a girl?

I have an almost 2 year old girl, and can't wait to find out what I'm having :)
    Just wondering if any of you ladies on baby number 2 plan on getting a double buggy? As we will only have a 13 month age gap we will definitely need to get one. Started looking today and we were looking at the out and about nipper 360 double or the baby jogger city mini gt double. Anyone know anything about or have any experience of either of these?

We had a good think about double buggies, and did a bit of research too, and we came to the conclusion that we should probably try to manage without one and see how it goes, our girl will be 27 months when the new one comes along.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure we'd go for the City Mini Double GT if we were getting one - the wider seats, the single handed fold, and the individual hoods did it for me!! Did a comparison with the nipper in Bella Baby and the seats looked a lot narrower so might be tight for our toddler.

My first is a boy,so to have a girl is going to be a different experience,let's hope I'm ready for the challenge!!

There's a 9 year age gap so I am of no help with double buggies, even regular buggies are foreign to me!!

Are many of ye finding out gender? I'm due my scan in 10 days. Initially definitely didn't want to find out but the closer it gets the more I want to know! Love the idea of having the nursery all perfect before bringing baba home! Initially I wanted to do a neutral room and then make it more boy/girl once the baby was born- but after a few weeks hanging out Witt my newborn niece I'm starting to doubt I'd have the energy for anything after!

• Advertisement

Are many of ye finding out gender? I'm due my scan in 10 days. Initially definitely didn't want to find out but the closer it gets the more I want to know! Love the idea of having the nursery all perfect before bringing baba home! Initially I wanted to do a neutral room and then make it more boy/girl once the baby was born- but after a few weeks hanging out Witt my newborn niece I'm starting to doubt I'd have the energy for anything after!
    We decided not to find out but must admit was a little tempted at the scan. Haven't a thing done, Keep moving my deadline to start!

Advertisement