Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thumpette wrote: »
    Are many of ye finding out gender? I'm due my scan in 10 days. Initially definitely didn't want to find out but the closer it gets the more I want to know! Love the idea of having the nursery all perfect before bringing baba home! Initially I wanted to do a neutral room and then make it more boy/girl once the baby was born- but after a few weeks hanging out Witt my newborn niece I'm starting to doubt I'd have the energy for anything after!

We were going to but baby wouldn't cooperate! We're going back in 2 weeks for a follow-up scan to get the rest of the measurements so might find out then. We had last week off so spent it transforming the small bedroom from my walk-in wardrobe to a nursery :D We opted for a light apple green with lilacs and purples. TBH I'd probably have picked that colour scheme anyway as I'm a bit contrary like that ;)

We also hired a mini skip and threw out a lot of clutter. It's so nice to have it gone, I wouldn't even consider myself a hoarder but it just accumulates when you have spare rooms to put stuff in. I also gave 4 black bags of clothes to the charity shop, plus a bag of shoes and other bits! Back to work today but delighted to have that much done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    That's so exciting Lashes!!! Is your first baby a boy or a girl?

I have an almost 2 year old girl, and can't wait to find out what I'm having :)

We had a good think about double buggies, and did a bit of research too, and we came to the conclusion that we should probably try to manage without one and see how it goes, our girl will be 27 months when the new one comes along.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure we'd go for the City Mini Double GT if we were getting one - the wider seats, the single handed fold, and the individual hoods did it for me!! Did a comparison with the nipper in Bella Baby and the seats looked a lot narrower so might be tight for our toddler.

Thanks mrswhippy. Think we have definitely made up our mind that the nipper isn't suitable. Tried our 9 month old in one in bella baby at the weekend and he just didn't look comfortable in it. With 27 month gap you should manage ok without a double but with our 13 month gap we certainly won't manage without one! Just need to keep an eye out now for offers on the city mini gt or even second hand if we're lucky enough because it's quite pricey.

We have our big scan tomorrow so fingers crossed all will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Best of luck today wex83! I've got mine later this week :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 37 calendarqueen

Can you add me to the list.

I'm due 26th Dec - Baby #1 Coombe

Have anolmaly scan tomorrow week so can't wait for that. Was at the docs last week and heard the heart beat, it was lovely.

Can you add me to the list.

I'm due 26th Dec - Baby #1 Coombe

Have anolmaly scan tomorrow week so can't wait for that. Was at the docs last week and heard the heart beat, it was lovely.

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st
    Whispered - December 4th the coombe, 1st baby, surprise.
    Plek Trum - December 10th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 15th, Rotunda, 1st baby
    Wex83 - December 17th, Holles Street, surprise, 2nd baby
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th, Holles St, 2nd baby
    wicklori - December 26th
    calenderqueen - December 26th, Coombe, 1st baby
    er1983 - December 29th university hospital Waterford 1st baby
    jellybeans - December 30th
    Lashes28 - December 31st Drogheda 2nd baby Girl
    Thumpette - December 31st Holles St- 1st baby
    Daisy Dalzer- December 31st Holles St- 1st baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hope everyone in here is well!
    All going great here, repeated UTI unfortunately but hopefully its on the way out now - feeling great though, plenty of movement which is lovely (easy know Im at 23 weeks ha, might not be so lovely in another 2 months!)

Had our 20 week (21 week) scan at CUMH 2 weeks ago - all measurements perfect, heartbeat perfect but Baby was rather camera shy and wouldnt turn for a decent scan photo. No amount of massaging or coaxing would get Baby to turn. Slightly stubborn it seems... ;)

Haha, sounds like my scan Plek Trum!

I'm killed with round ligament pain since last night :( All down the lower left side of my bump is sore, it feels like an internal pulled muscle (which I suppose it is). I'd been flying it the last few days, lots of walks and lunches out and I might have overdone it without realising. Still, baby's been very active the last few days which is making me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Well, my girlfriend is starting Week 22, just had our anomaly scan on Friday, all fine. Baby had both hands over their face and their legs above their head but seems quite happy. The pregnancy is going very well apart from the occasional ligament twinge. She hasn't felt many kicks but apparently that's fairly normal, regardless of the amount of kicks we know the baby is fine. We're delighted as I was a bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Constipated...uh!!

Round 2 of the anomaly scan tomorrow, hopefully they'll get everything they need this time! Looking forward to seeing the little'un again :) The movements have become real taps and kicks in the last couple of weeks, it's great to see baby getting stronger. Then in the evening I'm playing a gig with the band, in one of our regular venues so that'll be nice. Baby's been on stage quite a bit before s/he's even been born!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

So had our 20 (21 weeks) scan today. Couldn't get over it just amazing. Baby was very active and co-operative(got a tip to drink small bottle of lucozade an hour before and seems to have worked a treat), saw everything plus everything healthy and measuring as should be, we found out the gender too but keeping it a surprise from everyone, it's nice to have something secret to talk about with hubby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I had mine today too- found out its a boy! I had such a strong feeling it was anyway- so nice to have that feeling confirmed- makes it all the more real! Baby was fairly chilled out- got the lucazade tip afterwards! So nice to have the big scan come up perfect :)

We are having a happy and healthy... boy! Over the moon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congrats Dolbert!!

Thanks Whispered, we're delighted :)

Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 15th, Rotunda, 1st baby, Boy
    Wex83 - December 17th, Holles Street, 2nd baby, surprise
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th, Holles St, 2nd baby
    wicklori - December 26th
    er1983 - December 29th, university hospital, Waterford, 1st baby
    Lashes28 - December 31st, Drogheda, 2nd baby Girl
    Thumpette - December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby
    Daisy Dalzer- December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby

Congrats Dolbert & thumpette :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Er1983 how are you keeping it a secret? I am terrible at it!! I find when people are like oh your expecting when are you due? I'm answering them with its a girl!! Just super excited I suppose!!
    Last two days her limbs are playing down in the va Jay Jay region , very weird sensation!!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Er1983 how are you keeping it a secret? I am terrible at it!! I find when people are like oh your expecting when are you due? I'm answering them with its a girl!! Just super excited I suppose!!
    Last two days her limbs are playing down in the va Jay Jay region , very weird sensation!!

Haha, I honestly don't know how, I suppose from the start I always just referred to as the baby and still doing it. It's great though as we have people now playing the guessing game, me and the hubby just find it funny.
    I wish I could feel something proper but will have to wait longer as the placenta is at the front which is acting as a cushion

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Have my consultant visit today (22 weeks) and big scan on Thursday... bit nervous as well as excited.. hope all goes well- especially on Thursday.. We're not going to find out the sex- but its so tempting!!

Have my consultant visit today (22 weeks) and big scan on Thursday... bit nervous as well as excited.. hope all goes well- especially on Thursday.. We're not going to find out the sex- but its so tempting!!

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

How is it going for everyone? I've been having an emotional few days. It's a scary time isn't it! So many worries and getting doubts about yourself etc.

I think we've settled on names though, which is good. I feel more connected now. Like it's a real little person.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi ladies,
    Hope everyone is doing well. I am 26 weeks this week had scan 2 weeks ago everything looking good. Placenta was a bit low but consultant wasn't too worried about it and said it was normal. Have another scan in two weeks so really looking forward to that.
    I filled out my maternity leave form for work so it's getting more real now. Baby is getting very lively especially when I get into bed in the night. My husband is able to feel basby now so that's nice. Not going to find out if we were having boy or girl half of me wasntd the surprise other half would love to know. Can't believe how fast the last few weeks have gone. I am really starting to feel pregnant now.
    I tried on as few long jumper dresses I had in the wardrobe they were way too tight so going to have to go on a little shopping tri next weekend when I am home to cork. Anyone any recommendations of nice maternity shops. I have started picking up some baby clothes just vests and babygrows. Anyone else started buying baby stuff. I need to start looking at buggies and cots any suggestions.

All going great here too :) Feeling great and baby is thriving. We had our scan last week and all is looking good. Also found out we're having a little boy, which was a huge shock after having a girl last time! Just delighted though.

Pinkshoes, if you're looking at cots, I'd recommend getting a co-sleeper, especially if you are planning to breastfeed. We didn't get one last time and I regretted it, so we have one lined up for this little man already.

Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 15th, Rotunda, 1st baby, Boy
    Wex83 - December 17th, Holles Street, 2nd baby, surprise
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th, Holles St, 2nd baby, Boy
    wicklori - December 26th
    er1983 - December 29th, university hospital, Waterford, 1st baby
    Lashes28 - December 31st, Drogheda, 2nd baby Girl
    Thumpette - December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby
    Daisy Dalzer- December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby

Aw congrats MrsWhippy :)

24 week GP check done and dusted, everything looks great thankfully. Negligible weight gain, my blood pressure is perfect and no sign of ketones which bodes well for gestational diabetes. Nothing now until the dreaded glucose tolerance test in September. Getting lots of kicks throughout the day now so he seems pretty happy in there!

Hi all, how's everyone doing?? I haven't been emotional, but just worrying about everything, the what ifs and all that! It's really stressful thinking of another little person relying on you is about to come in to the world!

How's everyone doing on the shopping front? I've bottles and sterilser nappies and wipes shampoos and lotions all picked up, every week there's some kind of special on or offer so I cannot resist!!
    How many babgros and vests should you buy? My first was 8lb 5 and fit into no newborn so ive started to pick up 0-3,but I'm confused as to how many? I know I'll get loads of pressies but thats usually outfits...hmmm!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Hi all, how's everyone doing?? I haven't been emotional, but just worrying about everything, the what ifs and all that! It's really stressful thinking of another little person relying on you is about to come in to the world!

How's everyone doing on the shopping front? I've bottles and sterilser nappies and wipes shampoos and lotions all picked up, every week there's some kind of special on or offer so I cannot resist!!
    How many babgros and vests should you buy? My first was 8lb 5 and fit into no newborn so ive started to pick up 0-3,but I'm confused as to how many? I know I'll get loads of pressies but thats usually outfits...hmmm!

Lashes28 you've just sent my heart racing, I'm 24 weeks this week but haven't started with anything yet.. Keep telling myself I'll wait til 30 weeks and then start but knowing my luck all the offers will disappear!
    Going to baby fair at weekend to totally freak myself out!
    Keeping well other than that, had emotional week last week following a bereavement but catching up on myself this week..
    Hope everyone else keeping well x

Apologies nuttykat, I'm on a budget so if they are not picked up weekly I dunno how I would do it!!

I'm heading to the fair too, I've heard mixed reviews about it but plenty of samples and tips at it.

Sorry for you loss x

I miss sleeping through the night, I'm up to pee or move every night between 2 and 4am without fail. Of course it then takes me ages to get back to sleep. Good training for a baby I suppose...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I think its all part of the greater plan Dolbert - get you into training for interrupted sleep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mimihand

Hi all,
    I'm new to this thread. Good to hear everyone experiences :)

My EDD is Dec 25th!! I will be delivering in Limerick. Anyone else due to deliver in Limerick?

Am feeling good considering my bump had just expanded in the last month! - hardly looked pregnant at 5 months and then it just exploded! Am due the anolomy scan next week ( I was late booking it - baby brain) so I will be 25 weeks at the time. Apparently that's ok thou....hope so, at €250 a pop I would like it to be good!

Anyone else due Christmas Day?

Advertisement