Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

mimihand wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this thread. Good to hear everyone experiences :)

My EDD is Dec 25th!! I will be delivering in Limerick. Anyone else due to deliver in Limerick?

Am feeling good considering my bump had just expanded in the last month! - hardly looked pregnant at 5 months and then it just exploded! Am due the anolomy scan next week ( I was late booking it - baby brain) so I will be 25 weeks at the time. Apparently that's ok thou....hope so, at €250 a pop I would like it to be good!

Anyone else due Christmas Day?

Congrats and welcome! Here's your sister, also due on the 25th though am desperately hoping for an early baby :) Anyway at the end of the day, if he arrives Christmas day sure it'll just make it more magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mimihand

Hey mrsWhippy,

Im like you...Im hopping this scan will say my EDD is wrong (wishful thinking!), and if not Im hoping the wee baba decides to come early...that will be up to him/her self! Do you know your having a boy? Were are you due to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

mimihand wrote: »
    Hey mrsWhippy,

Im like you...Im hopping this scan will say my EDD is wrong (wishful thinking!), and if not Im hoping the wee baba decides to come early...that will be up to him/her self! Do you know your having a boy? Were are you due to deliver?

Yeah, it's a boy, and going to Holles St, I already have a 2 year old girl - here add yourself to the list below!

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st
    Whispered - December 4th the coombe, 1st baby, surprise.
    Plek Trum - December 10th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 15th, Rotunda, 1st baby, Boy
    Wex83 - December 17th, Holles Street, 2nd baby, surprise
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th, Holles St, 2nd baby, Boy
    wicklori - December 26th
    calenderqueen - December 26th, Coombe, 1st baby
    er1983 - December 29th, university hospital, Waterford, 1st baby
    jellybeans - December 30th
    Lashes28 - December 31st, Drogheda, 2nd baby Girl
    Thumpette - December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby
    Daisy Dalzer- December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st
    Whispered - December 4th the coombe, 1st baby, surprise.
    Plek Trum - December 10th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 15th, Rotunda, 1st baby, Boy
    Wex83 - December 17th, Holles Street, 2nd baby, surprise
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th, Holles St, 2nd baby, Boy
    mimihand - December 25th, 1st baby, Limerick Maternity, surprise
    wicklori - December 26th
    calenderqueen - December 26th, Coombe, 1st baby
    er1983 - December 29th, university hospital, Waterford, 1st baby
    jellybeans - December 30th
    Lashes28 - December 31st, Drogheda, 2nd baby Girl
    Thumpette - December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby
    Daisy Dalzer- December 31st, Holles St, 1st baby

That's great your having a boy - a complete family now :)
    You keeping well so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

First antenatal class done and dusted. I now know all the baby things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Haha - you would imagine so! We completed ours on Tuesday night - we were the only ones there for 3 sessions (one a week) so it was great, a midwife, district nurse and physiotherapist each night, very relaxed and chatty atmosphere. Learned LOTS (and I thought I had the basics covered.. errr.. no) Found them very beneficial :) Anyone thinking of a tens machine? I'm considering it alright...

PS - the dialated cervix model opened my eyes... (!!)

Have antenatal classes on 1st Oct...Im not sure if ignorance is bliss or not in this case - the "PS - the dialated cervix model opened my eyes... (!!)" has me a little scared already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I was at my first visit to mlu today and because there's been an 8 year gap since my first they would like me to attend an ante natal class, so I'm booked in for the end of november. Urgh I'm really not looking forward to it

• Advertisement

Well I can only comment as a complete first timer and my own experience but I really enjoyed ours. Relaxed, chatty, very informal and friendly. Every question was given time and explored and there was a real sense of support and encouragement - we actually looked forward to them!

I thought I was fairly clued in on everything but learnt a lot from the classes, found them well worth going to. Mimihand - the cervix model was interesting alright, when you see the difference between 2cm - 6cm - 10cm dialation you'll understand :) All good though, we're designed for it (apparently!)

Anybody else find they are slowing down lately? I seem to find my energy is definitely a little lower, feeling fine mind, but I'm certainly functioning in lower gears, everything is taking longer and at a slower pace..

I'm finding the same Plek Trum. Starting to feel like I'm 'heavy lifting', then again there's only 3 months to go! There's an upside though, in the last couple of weeks the nausea has *finally* stopped. I'd honestly resigned myself to having it for the whole pregnancy!

Haha yeah I think I'm starting to waddle!! I feel so awkward these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I've been having more tired days than before but overall doing ok. I have been more emotional lately though. Easily upset. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I'm feeling absolutely exhausted and quite uncomfortable. I'd say I'll be waddling like a duck over the next 15 weeks! Loving all the little kicks tho- makes it all worthwhile! Got my buggy at the baby show and have spent the last 2 nights painting the baby's room. Great getting all these bits done!

I'm the same too, last week and this week I find that I am more tired than I have been (apart from the first 3-4 months).
    I think for me I didn't really have much of a bump until about week 20 so I never looked or felt pregnant, but now its getting bigger by the day so I suppose it makes sense if there's lots of growing going on, the energy will have to be taken from somewhere!
    Definitely feel more pregnant! Not as agile as I used to be, especially turn in the bed at night! - what will we be like in Dec!

It's getting harder to sleep. I'm definitely getting more aches in the past week too. Plus I'm not happy with the fact in the last two weeks my thighs and bum seem to have turned to jelly. I'll have to walk more - my laziness is catching up with me!

I'm due on the 4th, I'm wondering if I'll end up having an end of November baby instead of dec. :)

Sounds like we are all reaching the same stage of slowing down and spreading out with the bump - the beauty of it all!

Ah the spread! I got annoyed with myself last night for being overly critical. I was shocked though at how quickly I seem to gave lost tone in my lower half. I was pretty much the same up until two weeks ago.

I weighed myself for the first time since I got pregnant - for some reason I haven't been weighed at all since my booking scan. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on it myself or just eating healthy (ish) and letting my body do what it needs to do.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry too much about getting on the scales Whispered (I could however be wrong!) I go by my clothes etc, once everything else bar the trousers are still fitting then I'd say you're doing fine. Any dramatic weight increase would be noticed by your GP - have you been attending your GP in between hospital visits for assessment?

I'm due 10th December and was told it was expected and healthy for me to put on roughly 5kg between here and the birth - seems a lot!
    Thankfully I havent had any cravings and have been relatively able to stay away from the 'goodies'. If I can keep it that way between here and December I'll be happy. Take it easy on yourself, have the occasional treat and enjoy the next few weeks. The hardwork is ahead, plenty of opportunity then to loose a few pounds ;)

I'm sure you're right - I have a midwife apt. on Wednesday so I'll mention it to her then. I was a healthy weight before getting pregnant so they're probably not too worried about it. I lost a lot of weight before getting pregnant and I still haven't hit that again so I'm happy enough, just worried now about the next 3 months or so!

5kg does seem like a lot to put on, but you must be healthy enough to have kept your gain moderate until now for them to say that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Ugh had such a stressful day today. I've been having palpitations now for a few weeks- mentioned it at my 22 week anti natal and cos I'd had them a couple of times before getting pregnant they referred me to a cardiologist. Last week I got a 24 hour monitor on- of course not a single palpitation to be had the whole time! Back a bit at the weekend but today they were terrible at work- at least 3 hours of weak racing pulse, I think I was stressing so much about it I was making myself feel sick and dizzy with worry. Left work early to go to the docs but of course before I was halfway home I was totally back to normal! Going for my 26 week GP visit on thurs- will say to him- I think they can do 5 day monitors too- just such a worry that it'll affect the baby. As of tonight tho he's kicking away as usual without a bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gilly3232

hello all, finally got logged in problem with log in. Anyway have been reading posts all along. Im due first on 12/12/14, aged 41! so v nervous. had check up in hosp yest and everything good and results of glucose intolerance test which was grand, thank god one less thing to be worrying about.

Hi everyone, anyone else got a high reading for the glucose tolerance test? I was surprised tbh as I've been pretty careful with food, I started out the pregnancy overweight and have put on 3lb to date. They said my bloods were borderline so they are re-testing next week. Until then no sugar or refined carbs are passing my lips, I hope this can be controlled with diet as I really don't want to have to take insulin.

On the plus side we had a 3D ultrasound today and it was incredible! We could see whose family he looked more like (mine!), every little movement and yawn and even a little bit of hair :) According to the sonographer, he's already 3.5lb :eek: Another reason to avoid GD at all costs! I've been finding the last couple of weeks rough with insomnia, backache etc and it's no wonder with that little bruiser...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just popping in from the May thread - I like having a read to see what's ahead! Just wondering where did you all go to your antenatal classes?

Just popping in from the May thread - I like having a read to see what's ahead! Just wondering where did you all go to your antenatal classes?

I'm just doing the hospital ones in the Rotunda. I got them to sign me up while checking out at my first booking visit, have had one already and will be starting the rest in the coming weeks :)

I am sore and exhausted all the time now. Getting random bouts of insomnia, didn't get to sleep til 6:30 this morning, had to get up at 7:30 :rolleyes: Baby is lying right on my sciatic nerve and the only thing that relieves the pain is getting to lie down at regular intervals, not great when you're at work all day. I'm going to bring in a yoga mat and find 20 minutes to lie down on my lunchbreak in one of the meeting rooms, if they have an issue with that I'll tell them it's better than me being out on a cert!

The 3D pics have cheered me up though. He's ridiculously cute <3 He's been head down for a few weeks now so here's hoping he stays that way. According to the sonographer's report, he's measuring 2 weeks ahead and she revised the due date to 2nd December :eek: Obviously I won't get my hopes up but it'd be a helluva lot better than 2 weeks late!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gilly3232

same as you dolbert, mad sleeping patterns, mad dreams and mad warm. v sore too last few days must be getting bigger!!! had my glucose intolerance test last week and got results they were grang tg was nervous about it too. hopefully you will sort it with food. starting classes this week so see how they go! i will know everything hahaha

Do they glucose test everyone?? My sis in law is due same day as me but has been tested ages ago and I haven't been told anything bout it? Same hospital too? Weird,

Back pain is ridiculous now most evenings I'm on all fours on the floor feels like it relieves it.
    And Dolbert just wrote near the same sentence in January thread seen until 615 then up at 7. Sugar and caffeine was my best friend today

• Advertisement

I know in the coombe they have a set of reasons for testing. I got tested as I have PCOS, another reason might be a high bmi when you get pregnant and when I was being tested they had a girl in who had fainted so her consultant wanted to rule it out. I'm sure there are other reasons too. But I don't think they do everybody.

I've been getting a weird popping sensation and pain in my pelvis when I'm in bed and go to roll over. And when I first get out of bed it's sore to stand straight, walk, lift one leg off the floor etc It's pretty ok otherwise, but it's really effecting my sleep.

Advertisement