Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Hey all,
    Haven't been on here for a while - great to read everthing is going well for you all! Time is really flying by though, I've only 5 more weeks left at work, 33 weeks today. All going well, baby is a 'very good size' apparently, eek! :o:p
    Whispered wrote: »
    I packed my bag today.

They tell you not to bring too much. Then they give you a list that takes up a large suitcase. I don't know how you're supposed to fit everything into a small hand luggage sized thing considering you have to pack two towels and a dressing gown. A packet of nappies. The maternity pads alone take up half a suitcase!

Anybody else starting to get very nervous?

Don't forget that your partner will be going home so can top up supply of nappies/towels etc, you don't need to bring like a whole 5 day supply! I brought wayyyy too much first time around, though I can see myself making the same mistake again, LOL.

Edit: Yes to the nervous question!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I was thinking that but wanted to be sure I had enough. So two towels, two pj bottoms and 4 string tops, two night shirts (will be over the string tops) Slippers and dressing gown, undies and the maternity pads (2 packs suggested on the coombe sheet) then all the baby stuff (suggested six bibs, six vests, six babygrows, hat, mits, cardigan) 2 cellular blankets and a packet of nappies, that's 24 nappies! I just put 15 in thinking my husband can bring in more if needed. Then of course there are the cotton pads for baby, hairbrush and shower items for me. :eek: Big suitcase full. I comfortably managed a week in Spain with an overnight bag. What's happening to me??! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi Ladies,
    How is everyone doing. I had 36 week checkup this morning. Everything looking good baby is weighing 6.6 pounds so good weight. Baby has put on 2 pounds in last two weeks so hopefully it won't be putting on a pound a week from here till birth. Bags all packed since last week only because I had very vivid dream that I was still in work and had baby and I wasn't on maternity leave yet. Last day of work next Friday so time is flying.
    Still feeling pretty good and going to pregnancy aqua aerobics and pregnancy pilates. I meet my friend for a walk during the week also so keeping active. Baby is very active I guess its like its parents my husband is very active also.
    Only complaint I have is indigestion it gets pretty bad. Husband and I went to an antinatal class few weeks ago found it really beneficial. It was a smal class less then half turned up, there were a few girls there where no partners and they seemed fine.
    Is everyone getting excited nervous about the labour, I have not really had much time to think about it bit just going to go with the flow and hope for the best. I just can't wait to meet baby now at this stage. Hope everyone has a great weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I finally did something practical and packed my labour bag. I now feel about 1% more prepared :p

Feeling better today than I have in a while. Still can't sleep though. Getting really fed up with the lack of sleep and I know now is nothing compared to the tiredness I'll feel when baby is born!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

I was thinking that but wanted to be sure I had enough. So two towels, two pj bottoms and 4 string tops, two night shirts (will be over the string tops) Slippers and dressing gown, undies and the maternity pads (2 packs suggested on the coombe sheet) then all the baby stuff (suggested six bibs, six vests, six babygrows, hat, mits, cardigan) 2 cellular blankets and a packet of nappies, that's 24 nappies! I just put 15 in thinking my husband can bring in more if needed. Then of course there are the cotton pads for baby, hairbrush and shower items for me. :eek: Big suitcase full. I comfortably managed a week in Spain with an overnight bag. What's happening to me??! :D

I happened upon this thread from the October thread.

I wore a zip up top on my way in and used that instead of a dressing gown - saved room in the bag.

Nightdresses would take up less space than pj bottoms and tops. 1 bath towel enough for the start since they're so bulky.

I made myself fit everything in 2 tesco bags - 1 for baby, 1 for me. Baby's bag can be left in car boot until it's born, except for a nappy.

How are we all doing girls, feel like we're on the home stretch yet? We had our final antenatal class today, it was so surreal to hear her say 'see you in a few weeks'! I'm definitely ready to finish up work soon. I've never been this tired (yeah, yeah, wait til I have a newborn!) My bump has expanded lots over the past week or so and I'm feeling the strain. I had braxton hicks last night that took my breath away, so who knows, I might even go early (wishful thinking!)

I'm also doing my last gig for a while tomorrow night, we are launching our first album and it'll be our biggest gig to date, I think even a week later than this and I wouldn't be able for it! Really looking forward to it, it's a great one to go out on and I've booked Friday off to have an epic sleep in the day after :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

We had a scan yesterday, the baby is head down and perfectly positioned, average weight and healthy. Herself has started panic knitting, even though she's knitted loads of things already. We have most of the stuff now, just waiting for the cot and we can move the bedroom around.

my bellybutton vanished today. I woke up with one and don't have one now. :o

Very very tired and uncomfortable the last few days. Itchy skin, aches and pains, can't sleep. I feel like all I'm doing lately is complaining!

How is everyone else doing? Is anybody feeling prepared?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

my bellybutton vanished today. I woke up with one and don't have one now. :o

Very very tired and uncomfortable the last few days. Itchy skin, aches and pains, can't sleep. I feel like all I'm doing lately is complaining!

How is everyone else doing? Is anybody feeling prepared?

I'm the same. 34 weeks since yesterday. Starting to feel more achy & uncomfortable. Some nights i might be lucky to have an alright sleep but most nights I could wake a few times. My hospital bags are packed a while now and have everything got so can relax until the day comes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone is doing well. I finished up work on Friday was strange to be walking out the door and going on maternity leave. Was bit sad leaving as I get on great with my work colleagues. Monday was first day of maternity leave got good bit of housework done, got hair done today had nice me day. Tomorrow have waxing appointment then I am ready for baby to arrive. Not feeling very prepared thought. Washed the remainder of baby clothes going to set moses basket up tomorrow. How is everybody doing. Have ye finished up work yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone is doing well. I finished up work on Friday was strange to be walking out the door and going on maternity leave. Was bit sad leaving as I get on great with my work colleagues. Monday was first day of maternity leave got good bit of housework done, got hair done today had nice me day. Tomorrow have waxing appointment then I am ready for baby to arrive. Not feeling very prepared thought. Washed the remainder of baby clothes going to set moses basket up tomorrow. How is everybody doing. Have ye finished up work yet.

I'm finishing in a few weeks and kind of looking forward to it but I'm sure it's a very strange feeling.. Feels like I'm still sorting out bits in the house before I can start to feel prepared. Hopefully you'll get plenty of rest before baby.

Is everyone's baby head down at this stage?

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and baby is breech! My first daughter was breech too, and I'm wondering is there some reason why they find that position more comfortable in my uterus! My next cons appointment is not for another 2 weeks so i'll be second guessing this little one for the entire time :(

I'd live with the idea of another section, not ideal but whatever will be will be. It's just the not knowing which is very annoying!

Mine is head down and engaged for a while mrswhippy although I think he's been that way earlier than most!

I've been feeling a bit 'off' this week and when I went in today for my check my blood pressure was high, first time ever that it's been properly high. It was normal at the GP five days ago so not sure what's going on. I have to get it retested at the GP tomorrow morning and if it's still high I have to go into the emergency room, that gave me a fright tbh :(

I was due to finish work at the end of next week but given all of this I'll be getting signed off tomorrow I think.

Dolbert how did your retest go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hi girls, hope you're all well - countdown is definitely on in here *eeek* 3 weeks next Wednesday for me, looking forward to finishing work and getting in the zone for it all. Fairly organised I think (famous last words!) Dolbert - how did BP test go? Possibly you were just in need of a rest, dont worry too much about being sent into emergency room. The best place to be if needed and you'll be in the right hands, I'd rather be there than at home feeling "off" *hugs*

20% off M&S today for anyone that might need it - NOVE14EM

My bump is measuring lower each week - dropped another cm today (Im 37+2 - measured 35cm today) I wonder if this means I could be going a little earlier than planned?...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

mrsWhippy wrote: »

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and baby is breech! My first daughter was breech too, and I'm wondering is there some reason why they find that position more comfortable in my uterus! My next cons appointment is not for another 2 weeks so i'll be second guessing this little one for the entire time :(

I'd live with the idea of another section, not ideal but whatever will be will be. It's just the not knowing which is very annoying!

I'm 34 and a half weeks and babies head is still down going by last appointment last week, have next one today plus another scan so hoping still head down, saying that my stomach literally moved from left to right earlier, was mad, so i don't know what she was up to in there lol

Thanks all, well this morning my blood pressure had improved but was still higher than they'd like. So no need for the ER but I've been given my cert and ordered to take it easy for the remainder! I don't have any other signs of preeclampsia so hopefully just one of those things. Back into the GP in the morning to be sure.

That's good news Dolbert!

I'm so so so tired today. I've been hitting the gym 2-3 times a week plus yoga up to now but this is the first time I'm feeling like this pregnancy is catching up with me and I literally can't move! I'm also starting to feel twinges around the front of my pelvis, likely all that relaxin kicking in - sometimes feels like my pelvis is going to just fall apart.
    Desperately trying to get house organised and christmas shopping done, but between work and my crazy 2 year old, it's just not happening, argh :(

Rant over :)

Fair play to you!! That's a lot of exercise. How far along are you?

• Advertisement

Am 35 weeks today - I've been reducing intensity and duration of workouts as I've been going along - important to listen to my body, I've skipped sessions when I haven't felt able. But it keeps me sane - weight training is my thing!

I envy your energy! I have done little since about 32 weeks. I'm all proud of myself now if I manage a 40 min walk :D my hips and pelvis have been sore for weeks now so that's a hinderance.

I'm 38 weeks now and for the past few days the fatigue I'm feeling is ridiculous. I get tired after a shower!!

I envy your energy! I have done little since about 32 weeks. I'm all proud of myself now if I manage a 40 min walk :D my hips and pelvis have been sore for weeks now so that's a hinderance.

I'm 38 weeks now and for the past few days the fatigue I'm feeling is ridiculous. I get tired after a shower!!

Ha! Well I wouldn't envy it now, I'm in bed already! :)

Funny though, walking absolutely kills me - I definitely couldn't walk for 40 mins at the moment without dying of pelvic pain, braxton hicks and getting out of breath. But an hour's training at the gym is no bother :D

I've really felt a difference in the last week w.r.t. fatigue though, might be a good time to down the weights and get a few more early nights in. Hopefully you won't go over Whispered ... ! If this little one stays breech, I'll be going at 39 weeks - a lot to be said for getting in and out before Christmas :P

37 weeks and officially considered full-term today! Even though I've been pregnant for most of the year, it's sorta flown by... welp, better get cracking on the tidying/cleaning :eek:

On the home stretch now Dolbert! It's a milestone isn't it. :) Since I hit 37 I've been reading way too much into every little ache. Do you have any inklings of whether you'll go early, or late? Most of the ladies in my family have gone early, 36/37 weeks so the fact I'm 38 now means I've gone past the family average. I could be in for a long wait because I'm expecting to go any minute now.

We spent the weekend buying stuff we need for the house, hanging shelves and making shelving units. I still haven't got around to populating those shelves yet but will do it at some stage today. :o I'm so lazy lol

I went back to bed for a nap earlier, having not slept at all last night, and spent ages carefully placing pillows and propping myself up. Totally building myself a little nest. It was so comfy!!

I don't feel like I'll go particularly early tbh! I'm still fairly comfortable and my own mother was two weeks overdue with me... That said I'm determined to go this side of Christmas!

That's exciting that you might go soon. I have loads to do still, and we're getting tiles put down in the kitchen this week so baby better stay put :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

38 weeks today and my last day in work... yikes! Hope you are all well - I've slowed down a fair bit the last few days, big increase in the nosebleeds too which is annoying but not the end of the world. Pelvis getting a bit soft now but that will all help (i hope) nearer the time. I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to go over my due date (IVF) so if Baby doesn't show in the next 14 days, its off to CUMH for an induction today two weeks. Exciting times!

Still trying to sort broadband at home so may be off-line for a while while waiting for a service engineer. If so, I want to wish all the lovely ladies in here continued good health and safe, healthy and happy labours - may the real work begin for us all over the next few weeks :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Plek Trum wrote: »
    38 weeks today and my last day in work... yikes! Hope you are all well - I've slowed down a fair bit the last few days, big increase in the nosebleeds too which is annoying but not the end of the world. Pelvis getting a bit soft now but that will all help (i hope) nearer the time. I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to go over my due date (IVF) so if Baby doesn't show in the next 14 days, its off to CUMH for an induction today two weeks. Exciting times!

Still trying to sort broadband at home so may be off-line for a while while waiting for a service engineer. If so, I want to wish all the lovely ladies in here continued good health and safe, healthy and happy labours - may the real work begin for us all over the next few weeks :) x

Wow happy last day at work! I'm a week behind you with a baby who's just turned breech.. Still feeling good so hoping it'll continue til work stops.. Enjoy 1st day no work tomorrow x

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

mrsWhippy wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi
    I'm over from due jan 15 page, due jan 1st ! I'm 34 weeks and my baby is in breech position too!!!
    Do you mind me asking op what happened on your first when it was breech thanks

Advertisement