Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Due tomorrow.

TOMORROW.

Baby seems way too comfy in there for his or own good. I was super active yesterday thinking it would help but all I did was exasperate my hip pain. I can't move my leg without popping on my pelvis.

I wish I was asleep now too. I envy those mothers who suggest you enjoy the final few days and not worry if you go over etc. I feel like I haven't had a comfortable minute in the past few weeks.

Come on baby time to make a move you lazy little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Well that was short-lived, I'm back in again! BP was high at this afternoon's check but lo and behold it had improved again just now. I suspect there's some white coat syndrome going on... They are talking more seriously about induction though so watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dolbert wrote: »
    Well that was short-lived, I'm back in again! BP was high at this afternoon's check but lo and behold it had improved again just now. I suspect there's some white coat syndrome going on... They are talking more seriously about induction though so watch this space!

I know it may not have been the plan but how exciting that you might get to eat your little man that bit sooner! Also you'd know you won't have to spend Christmas in hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Wow Dolbert, that's exciting! They will keep a close eye on you for sure ... keep us updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I was the same! And was with highish BP which would be fine after observation and they started induction at 39+4. Try not to worry. Have you got protein in your urine as well? You and bubs will be fine, at least they are being thorough. Best of luck xx

• Advertisement

Oh best of luck dolbert.

Thanks girls. No protein in the urine thankfully, or swelling/headaches, just the raised BP. I've calmed down a bit about baby possibly coming early, que sera sera :) I'll hopefully find out what they plan to do with me tomorrow.

Am 37 weeks today and I have no idea what way this baby is lying. Going to see consultant at lunchtime so will find out then. I'm torn between wanting a VBAC and having another section, it's the devil you know .....

Apart from that, hoping to get signed off work a few days earlier, the commute is killing me and i'm so uncomfortable all the time - just want this baby OUT! :)

Officially retired from the gym yesterday - had a VERY lazy session (mostly mobility, bit of strength work plus long hot shower :)) , but felt I was happy to leave it there and let my little turkey rest and fatten up in time for Christmas :)

Hope everyone else is well

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone. Am 36 weeks since Monday. The last good few weeks heartburn has gotten worse. Have got sick 3 times in the last 2 weeks with the heartburn including this morning, is this normal? Don't feel great since, am tired & exhausted today too. Rennies is my best friend lol. Any idea how you would know baby has dropped?

Well I'm still here, and they've recommended possible induction this weekend or early next week! The blood pressure plus baby's stomach measuring small suggests not much point in hanging around. I'm going to push for early next week with a chance to go home to my own bed for a few days as it's hard to sleep here, plus I'll be 39 weeks by then. Ah it's all so exciting!

Edit: Had another sweep today too, more 'vigorous' than the first and the doctor complimented me on my high pain threshold. I'm taking that as a good omen for labour ;)

• Advertisement

Well my little guy is locked and loaded apparently - head is well engaged! Bit shocked as he spent most of last month breech but whatever will be will be! It also explains the lower back pain and twinges i've had over the last couple of days .. all makes sense now. Anyway better get that hospital bag packed asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

er1983 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Am 36 weeks since Monday. The last good few weeks heartburn has gotten worse. Have got sick 3 times in the last 2 weeks with the heartburn including this morning, is this normal? Don't feel great since, am tired & exhausted today too. Rennies is my best friend lol. Any idea how you would know baby has dropped?
    I could have written that post and I am 36 weeks tomorrow. The acid literally comes into my mouth it's so bad. Think it just depends where baby is sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

fall wrote: »
    I could have written that post and I am 36 weeks tomorrow. The acid literally comes into my mouth it's so bad. Think it just depends where baby is sitting.

Yeah it's so bad. Midwife just told me to eat little amounts throughout the day, this can help apparently, oh the joys!
    I'm at the stage now where I'm fed up and wish baby was here. Apart from heartburn, have lower backache plus aching down there, hurts more when I try turn in bed, midwife told me to use hot water bottle as well as my body pillow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Yeah it's so bad. Midwife just told me to eat little amounts throughout the day, this can help apparently, oh the joys!
    I'm at the stage now where I'm fed up and wish baby was here. Apart from heartburn, have lower backache plus aching down there, hurts more when I try turn in bed, midwife told me to use hot water bottle as well as my body pillow

My girlfriend is due in 3 weeks and her heartburn is really helped by sucking on Love Hearts, they're mostly made of sodium bicarbonate, which neutralises stomach acid. Way cheaper than Gaviscon! I use them too as I have gastro-esophageal reflux disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Zantac is my life saver. I'm on two a day. Still need gaviscon on top of it but it's not quite as miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

How you keepping dolbert??

I'm home, but not for long! They're inducing me on Sunday :) I had what I think was a show earlier so hopeful about it! So crazy that it's our last weekend just as a couple. Now to have sex on an exercise ball while eating vindaloo washed down with raspberry leaf tea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm home, but not for long! They're inducing me on Sunday :) I had what I think was a show earlier so hopeful about it! So crazy that it's our last weekend just as a couple. Now to have sex on an exercise ball while eating vindaloo washed down with raspberry leaf tea

Woohoo! Enjoy and best of luck xx

Best of luck dolbert!

Aww best of luck Dilbert :) So excited for you .. enjoy your last night as a family of 2 :)

• Advertisement

Keep us informed dolbert so very jealous you will have it all over and done with before Xmas. Best of luck xx

Thinking of you today,finally getting to meet your little one. Hope all goes well xx

Thanks everyone :) I'm just lying here after my first gel application, nothing stirring yet! Baby is still quite high and comfy in there so we're in for a long wait I think

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Best of luck delbert hopefully you won't have long to wait and you will have your little bundle of joy in your arms. Induction can be tough but just think you are that bit closer to meeting baby. Keep us posted and good luck.

Hi all, still here, round 3 of gel now and going for a walk to see if it helps. I'll be reassessed this evening to see if they can break the waters, if not I'll be booked for a section. Wrecked!

No movement at all?

4 days over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Ah I feel your pain. On my first I had the gel 3 or 4 times. Both my kids were born face up which makes labour very slow to start. Last birth I had a midwife with me the whole time. My advice would be squat squat squat!! Best of luck. Hope you're not waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

This might sound mental but kissing makes your body produce oxytocin so give your other half a good snog, it might help move things along!

Must keep that in mind Fall!! Lol

Have contractions started dolbert at all??

• Advertisement

Ah Dolbert that's a pain. Hope something happens soon!

Advertisement