Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

To be honest his secretary was extremely difficult to speak to. She understood very little of what I was saying and I had to repeat my request a few times before she understood what I was looking for.

I could ring again today but dealing with a bit of an unrelated crisis today and don't have the energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

How is everyone this week? Am just back from a week's holiday and I think the sun has made my bump grow :) Am enjoying the comfort of my maternity jeans now.

I think we should do a list of due dates ... want to add yours in sequence?

Mrs-Whippy - December 25th

Whispered - 4th December

Ah a holiday - sounds lovely!

I had to visit the doc this morning, after a very stressful weekend I had heart palpitations and light headedness. Everything is ok thankfully and I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi ladies,

Pinkshoes2012 December 1st

Hope everyone is doing well. Whispered hope everything is ok. I have 20 week scan tomorrow can't wait can't believe half ways there already the time has flown. Has anyone started to buy baby stuff yet. I have a small bump but bit bigger rhabiller lastnigh week.

Yeah I'll be 17 weeks this week - the last 5 weeks or so have flown! We won't see December coming in!! Haven't bought anything yet since I already have stuff from my first baby ... but doesn't mean I amn't tempted ;)

Whispered, glad you got some reassurance - hope all is okay with you too.

Pinkshoes2012 - December 1st
    Whispered - December 4th
    MrsWhippy - December 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Plumella

I am due 14th December - the time is flying by.

This is my first and i have bought a mountain of baby gear from clothes to nappies! I am following the newborn baby and toddlers bargain alerts and using any opportunity there is to pick up well priced items. I love shopping!

Have not bought a thing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. We haven't even looked at clearing room for to put stuff in yet. Very disorganised. Especially compared to you! :)

Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th

I absolutely loved all the baby shopping last time, jealous of all you first timers :)
    If we have a boy, I'll enjoy getting the little blue bits and pieces though ... and I might pick up a second hand baby swing too - won't have the time to rock this little one to sleep for 45 mins at a time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Plek Trum - December 10th

Getting excited now alright, have scan on 31st July and then I might start organising a few little bits. I'm a little superstitious about buying too many things too early BUT I'm also happiest when I'm organised. Guess I'll have to find the balance! Some handy bits in the M&S sale online, muslin cloths etc... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Getting excited now alright, have scan on 31st July and then I might start organising a few little bits. I'm a little superstitious about buying too many things too early BUT I'm also happiest when I'm organised. Guess I'll have to find the balance! Some handy bits in the M&S sale online, muslin cloths etc... :)

• Advertisement

Plek Trum wrote: »

FYI we found that the Aldi muslin cloths were fab - great value and they're huge too! We still use ours nearly 2 years later. Keep an eye out for the next baby event!

Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th

:o what are muslin cloths? :o

Whispered wrote: »
    :o what are muslin cloths? :o

:)

Just large absorbent cloths you can use for shading baby, mopping up drool, cleaning food off their face, pretty much everything! The nice thing about the Aldi ones is that they're really big.

You will need loads of them btw - don't spend a fortune on them as they will be washed and washed and destroyed with all sorts of bodily fluids :D

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/archived-specialbuys/thursday-30th-january/products-detail-page/ps/p/muslin-cloths-2/

God I never even noticed them on sale. I've so much to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

er1983 - 29th December - first timer :-)

Hope everyone's well. 16 weeks today, getting the 20 week scan on aug 21 st can't wait :-) have next gp appt this Wednesday morning, presume it's just all routine stuff again, or if there's anything i should know or be prepared for please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I usually post in January thread but my official due date is 31st December :) New Years eve might be spent slightly differently this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

Hey everyone,
    Wex83 due 17th December.
    Havent bought anything yet either. should have everything from first baby, but I am looking forward to buying a few new little tiny cute babygros again! 18 weeks this week and had gp appointment today and all looks good so far. Hope all the bumps are doing well.

Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Wex83 - December 17th
    er1983 - December 29th
    Lashes28 - December 31st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Wex83 - December 17th
    er1983 - December 29th
    Lashes28 - December 31st

Hey ladies, how are you feeling? Can't believe I'm 18 weeks! Had a lovely weekend at an old friend's wedding where I was doing the ceremony music. Couldn't believe it when I woke up with what felt like a hangover the next day... Turns out I seem to have picked up my sister's throat infection. Luckily I had booked today off so hoping I feel better for work tomorrow.

Anyone???

• Advertisement

If it's any help, I always found GP appointments to be very routine and quick - in the door, urine and blood pressure, a measure of your stomach and maybe a doppler if you're lucky!

Hope it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Plumella

+1 on what Ms Whippy said

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Nuttykat 19th December
    Finally getting my energy back 17+4.. About time! Hope everyone keeping well x

Thanks girls :-)

Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Wex83 - December 17th
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    er1983 - December 29th
    Lashes28 - December 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Wex83 - December 17th
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    er1983 - December 29th
    Lashes28 - December 31st

Hi everyone! Hope all's well? I had a meltdown at hospital appointment last week- think all the stress of the big move is getting to me a little; together with work being a bit mental.
    Mrsw- great idea to list everyone's dates- might help us to bond a little!
    Unfortunately my dates have changed an awful lot but I think 26th Dec. (the middle of the summer when we move so will have it's own challenges- I'll be envying you ll in the cold!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oops, forgot to add myself in :rolleyes:

Whispered - December 4th
    Plumella - December 14th
    Dolbert - December 17th
    Wex83 - December 17th
    Nuttykat - December 19th
    wicklori - December 26th
    er1983 - December 29th
    Lashes28 - December 31st

How is everyone? I'm feeling relatively normal at the moment so I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I did have more MS this morning but luckily it wore off by the time I arrived at work, it's never fully gone away tbh. The flutters are getting ever more apparent too, such a lovely feeling! Looking forward to seeing Junior again for the 20 week scan next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Doing good here, like you feeling more normal! 18 weeks so another couple before big scan.. Started first bit of nesting today..cleaned kitchen from top to toe.. Think I'll sleep soundly after that!

Big scan on Wednesday. Scary stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I usually post in January thread but my official due date is 31st December :) New Years eve might be spent slightly differently this year :)

I'm due on 30th December...I'm hoping I go a bit over, Im thinking 30th December is a horrible date to organise kiddy parties on!! :o:o

Advertisement