Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vapour in the atomizer - hot?

Options
  • 07-04-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have a e-cigarette about 10 days now. I had to get the original atomizer replaced as it was faulty.

The button has seemed to of got stuck? It works fine but I barely have to touch the button. There isn't a click from it any more.

When I am using it, there seems to be vapour in the atomizer? Is this normal?

The atomizer gets quite hot when in use, is this also normal?

I have added a picture of the vapour in the atomizer, its not the best picture.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

The vapour doesn't taste right now, kind of a burnt/gone off taste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The atomizer has a wick and coil in it that would have to be replaced after about 10 days anyway.

The stuff in the pic just looks like condensation to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm far from an expert with e-Cigs, and I'm only vaping a couple of months, but if you're getting a burnt taste, it is usually because you need a new clearomiser. How long do you have yours, how often/much do you vape, and what flavour are you rocking?

Also, they do get warm and hot. That happens from overuse/excessive pressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

After 10 days? I was informed it should last six weeks!

I am using the menthol liquid. I would use it often enough, I am trying to not use it too much.

When I was smoking cigs I would have to go outside, whereas now I can use the e-cig in the house so I think that's why its getting a fair bit used.

I am just back from getting the whole thing replaced.

Where did you buy from? Feel free to PM if you want instead of mentioning the name publicly?

Being honest, I am a Menthol vaper, and I get around three or so weeks out of it before getting a slightly nasty taste. I wash it and dry burn it to get as much as I can out of it before throwing it away, and then get a new one.

I do know that some places are being a bit liberal with their dates to newbies. I was conned myself, stupidly, and I won't be going back to that company again.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what type of clearomizer you have (looks like a CE4, €1 euro worth from China) but most have a removable coil part, you replace that rather than the whole thing.

There are some dodgy stalls around alright that will tell you any old rubbish and charge way too much. Check out the online vendors in the first post of the where to buy thread on this forum, good quality and value to be had there.

Sorry, can you explain the whole coil replacement thing: I thought you couldn't do them on CE4s.

I think there's a few types of CE4s.

I would just get an aspire maxi if I was you, good vape and hassle free.

I'm using a 1100mAh eGo battery, CE4 based. They would work with it?
    I'm wondering where I can get one of the Aspire Maxis in Dublin?

I usually got to the (wonderful) PurpleBox on Crow St., but they only seem to do Aspire BDC Dual Coils and Innokin iClear30.

You could try that one they have in purplebox, the coils are the same so it should be good.

Or you could get the maxi online, www.e-smokeireland.eu and www.vaperus.ie both have them.

• Advertisement

As in, get the Aspire one from PurpleBox? What's it like versus the Innokin one? Big price difference, and I can't keep forking out for it every two or so weeks at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

As in, get the Aspire one from PurpleBox? What's it like versus the Innokin one? Big price difference, and I can't keep forking out for it every two or so weeks at that price.

You don't buy the whole clearo, you buy replacement heads for them, ~E2 a pop.

The Aspires are more widely revered.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I swear by the aspires. At 2 euro a coil, I change mine every 4-6 days, depending on the juice

Advertisement