Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for posts in BargainAlerts

Options
  • 07-04-2014 4:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a 'Where's the bargain?' comment in relation to a thread started by a moderator that in my opinion was not a bargain. The item concerned cost £1.99 and was free shipping with a £25 spend. Other respondents pointed out that it was cheaper in other retail establishments.
    I got notification of a one month ban from a moderator for a "combination of some of your recent posts and your attitude toward others on the forum in general".
    I was not told which posts were offensive and what the attitude in BA is.
    Outline clearly a list of those posts that the moderator is "sick of getting reported posts ".. Provide an explanation for the one month ban.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Four days and no response. It there any sign of a preamble to a resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I sent a PM to the Biz Category Mods.

Have you tried to resolve it over PM with the Mod who banned you? (as per the chart at the top of the screen)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mr E wrote: »
    I sent a PM to the Biz Category Mods.
    Have you tried to resolve it over PM with the Mod who banned you? (as per the chart at the top of the screen)
    On 07/04, the moderator concerned upheld the decision which is what prompts this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We'll start looking into this. Will report back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have reviewed the post for which the ban for awarded. In addition I have reviewed some of your recent posts in Bargain Alerts (including the Skyscanner thread) plus I have searched the Reported Posts forum to see what reported posts have been logged.

In my view, given your posting style, the ban is merited. Once the ban is lifted, I ask you to read the BA forum charter and I urge you to consider your style of posting, and to consider how welcome it is to other members of the community.

If you do not agree with my decision, you can request an admin review, as per the process illustrated above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement