Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ShazGV wrote: »
    Finding it hard to get Jasper, think I have about three days left and still have to get the 2 buildings.

Wish there were more characters to get things for Mort's costume too, and they're all really long tasks for the ones that CAN get items. At least I'm getting some use out of Stan Lee at last. :P
    I've gotten one of them, and I'm wrapping a gift to hopefully get the other. May be hard pressed to get him in time if the other building isn't in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm on the verge of deleting it. I just can't put up with logging back in all the time, I've never once bothered decorating (everything is just shoved in the corner) and I don't get any joy from it, just annoyance that I can't unlock things because its timed and I have to log in 6 times a day to even have a shot :mad:

Seriously, who ever said that the TSTO whacking day update was annoying has clearly never played this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Just unlocked Jasper with a day to go. Finally someone to take over one of Lois' many tasks with this update.

I'm deleting it. Honestly, bored with the monotony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Has anyone got near the yeti stuff yet? I can't afford to as I have lois trying to get the stockings to unlock jasper first. Reckon I'll miss loads of content in this timed section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I managed to unlock Jasper. Started attacking the Yeti with Lois, got past the first section. Then he comes back with 10 health, and you only have a limited time to defeat him. Nearly impossible unless you have unlocked Mort's outfit. (Or bought John McClane) Especially as you might only knock him back 1 health every 4 hours!
    This game is getting more and more frustrating with each event. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I managed to unlock Jasper. Started attacking the Yeti with Lois, got past the first section. Then he comes back with 10 health, and you only have a limited time to defeat him. Nearly impossible unless you have unlocked Mort's outfit. (Or bought John McClane) Especially as you might only knock him back 1 health every 4 hours!

F*ck that so!

That is seriously annoying. And the challenge this week is to defeat the Cowboy Yeti (when he comes back with 10 health). No way I'm winning that this week, the timed events are getting out of hand. Way too many of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I missed out on jasper but he's still in the section on the left but I click him nothing happens.. All the timed events have me considering pressing delete!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭corkie

That is seriously annoying. And the challenge this week is to defeat the Cowboy Yeti (when he comes back with 10 health). No way I'm winning that this week, the timed events are getting out of hand. Way too many of them.

I spent 20 clams to reset the timer and keep the damage that was dealt him already. So managed to defeat him and complete the challenge.

I also have John

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thank feck, I finally have Jasper. Now I can have him do the Santa stuff while I have Lois attack the yeti.

I got Mort's outfit this morning. I've found that if you attack the Yeti the first time, (when he has only 4 health) when he's down low health, only click on either Lois or Mort. If their attack finishes him, he disappears for 4 hours. If you haven't clicked on the other characters finished action, you can click it when he comes back, so you start off with a hit.
    Might save people a bit of time, as you have only 24 hours to clear 10 health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

keep an eye on familyguyaddicts for tips. But yes I bought John also (voice is not specially recorded uses soundclips from movies) But sure its all part of the craic

keep an eye on familyguyaddicts for tips. But yes I bought John also (voice is not specially recorded uses soundclips from movies) But sure its all part of the craic
    Is he worth getting? I have a load of clams built up, and don't see myself playing this much after christmas. Thinking of spending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

ah hes funny....i bought some clams...in fairness the game helps pass a lot of time sometimes! so woth th e7/8 euro or whatever it was worth of clams i bought. And it helps get Jesus as you can beat the yeti faster :P

I never thought I'd say this, but I want Jesus in my life! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I ended up buying the €9 pack of clams. Never thought I would but I wanted John McClain and was sick of getting close to Buzzkillington then buying something else and having to start again. This way I got both and 100 clams back for completing the premium characters.

Thinking of just focusing on Jebus now. Don't really care about Santa.

7ofBrian wrote: »
    stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

You think these people sounds like they're having fun? Their comments are more like what you'd hear at a boring job than about an enjoyable game
    pedatron wrote: »
    Lois has about four different task atm while everyone else does sweet F***ALL. Very Frustrating
    Angron wrote: »
    I'm sending her on the task to get rid of Santas, just to try and unlock Jasper cause it seems he can beat them too. There's not enough characters that get stuff for the Mort costume, which is extremely annoying.
    smash wrote: »
    It'd be great if you could distribute coins, clams, buildings and characters to friends. I'm too bored of the game to play it again but I have a few friends who play and it would be a waste to just leave everything I've got.
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    I missed out on jasper but he's still in the section on the left but I click him nothing happens.. All the timed events have me considering pressing delete!!
    Thank feck, I finally have Jasper...

To be fair, I do still like & enjoy the game. I complain sometimes & get frustrated but I think that comes with most games. If I didn't enjoy it, I'd just delete it. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, I do like the game, but some of the nonsense like the timed events within timed events can wear quite thin.

Has anyone else's Christmas Tree NOT updated to the Jolly Christmas Tree?
    This morning there was a countdown to it updating, but now it just says that the updated tree is coming on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Has anyone else's Christmas Tree NOT updated to the Jolly Christmas Tree?
    This morning there was a countdown to it updating, but now it just says that the updated tree is coming on Friday.

Is was supposed to release last night but it got delayed, should be out tonight

If we take away all the roads bar a small section will the shoppers all spawn there?

If we take away all the roads bar a small section will the shoppers all spawn there?

Yeah they only spawn on roads, TinyCo are also bringing back the tap to stun feature in the next update. There are two different shoppers, Giving Furbals to the the Nice Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Wrapping Paper. Giving Furbals to the Naughty Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Christmas Cookies or Clams.

Here is a method I found on FamilyGuyTips
    wpid-wp-1419043185463.jpeg?w=474

Yeah they only spawn on roads, TinyCo are also bringing back the tap to stun feature in the next update. There are two different shoppers, Giving Furbals to the the Nice Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Wrapping Paper. Giving Furbals to the Naughty Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Christmas Cookies or Clams.

Here is a method I found on FamilyGuyTips
    wpid-wp-1419043185463.jpeg?w=474

What dod Yoy build the maze with?

What dod Yoy build the maze with?

I use green hedges which cost 25 coins when building mazes and once the event is over I just put them back into inventory and reuse them when needed

Yeah, I do like the game, but some of the nonsense like the timed events within timed events can wear quite thin.

Putting a but in a sentence reeks of "forget everything I said before the but because now I'm going to say the exact opposite"

gubbie wrote: »
    Putting a but in a sentence reeks of "forget everything I said before the but because now I'm going to say the exact opposite"
    No, no it doesn't. It means I like some things about the game, I don't like others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

well I'm definitely sick of it. game deleted, have fun guys

Advertisement