Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Ready-to-Go” site for 43 houses in Carrickmines (Blackberry Hill)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bruce Lin

the house condition is ok, just too expensive to buy. and the garden is too small for €650K house.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Bruce Lin wrote: »
    the house condition is ok, just too expensive to buy. and the garden is too small for €650K house.

Was there much interest when you were there?

morrga wrote: »
    Was there much interest when you were there?

Not really too many people were there. i only saw two other families were there. Maybe the price is too high to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

650k for that, in that location, LOL! form an orderly que now folks, before they are all gone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Idbatterim wrote: »
    650k for that, in that location, LOL! form an orderly que now folks, before they are all gone :rolleyes:

I'd say some people will buy them. They are big houses. Close to two large employment centers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

No reason they wouldn't sell, just that they don't seem very attractive at the current price point.

air wrote: »
    No reason they wouldn't sell, just that they don't seem very attractive at the current price point.

No doubt some will buy. The main indicator will be if there are 43 buyers out there for that location at that price. Supply and demand will never be so relevant here. And if they don't sell for 650 with some having bought at that price what then!

No doubt some will buy. The main indicator will be if there are 43 buyers out there for that location at that price. Supply and demand will never be so relevant here. And if they don't sell for 650 with some having bought at that price what then!

At that day I know they sold one €650K to one family there. Not sure all the rest and the agent said all the houses will be ready in Jun 16.

Anyone heard how sales have gone for this development?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PVTHCK

Anyone out there have an update on sales of these houses? They look well built and a nice sized small development.

• Advertisement

PVTHCK wrote: »
    Anyone out there have an update on sales of these houses? They look well built and a nice sized small development.

Are you looking to buy? According to Daft and My Home there are still 43 units available. Very little info available other than EA saying interest has been good.

I'm interested as they are good houses but concerned why there are still 43 units available when they have been on the market a while. Also, no showhouse or marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm interested as they are good houses but concerned why there are still 43 units available when they have been on the market a while. Also, no showhouse or marketing.

www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/blackberry-hill-in-carrickmines-will-launch-in-september-34833686.html

Apparently it'll launch in September but they've already sold 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Does anyone know if they're getting the asking price?

That article in the paper is akin to an informal advertising channel. The launch was April so to call out for another launch is an admission that things are not going according to plan. Houses just up the road for that money would give scope for a big garden and private driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Does anyone know if they're getting the asking price?

Not a chance :p

Went up to Blackberry Hill and had a chat with the Builder last week. The houses are gorgeous, well designed, spacious and well built. The estate is quiet and not too large. We’re going to go with it. Any other buyers PM me. And yes, houses are getting asking price which I expected given their size and spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Went up to Blackberry Hill and had a chat with the Builder last week. The houses are gorgeous, well designed, spacious and well built. The estate is quiet and not too large. We’re going to go with it. Any other buyers PM me. And yes, houses are getting asking price which I expected given their size and spec.

Just curious, why would you choose these houses over something like the below?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-shrewsbury-lawn-cabinteely-dublin-18/3530394

That’s also a lovely house, but for us personally, we wanted somewhere new as the building regs. are so high now, you’re guaranteed a good build. We wanted the lower heating bills. And at this price, I want to walk into a house where the kitchen, bathrooms, windows etc. are done and to a high spec. At this time, we didn’t want a house that needed any work. The garden is lovely in that house, and that was something we had to compromise on with a new build for sure. Also, with a new build you buy at the price advertised. Having looked for about 18 months now and having lots of friends and family in the same boat, we didn’t want to go through the bidding, gazumping, raising bids, pulling out, structural engineers etc. that come with second hand houses. Buying a house is stressful enough, and we just didn’t have the energy to go through all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neel2150

Hi, does anyone know why they removed the ads from Daft and Myhome?

• Advertisement

This thread stinks somewhat, a lot of the posts with positive comments are from newly registered posters. On the other hand posts are coming through with serious accusations about build qualtiy but presumably are being deleted by mods (understandably) due to potential legal concerns.

Back to the development, some pedestrian crossing lights have been installed on the Kilternan side of the roundabout now at least which addresses one of my earlier concerns somewhat.

This thread stinks somewhat, a lot of the posts with positive comments are from newly registered posters. On the other hand posts are coming through with serious accusations about build qualtiy but presumably are being deleted by mods (understandably) due to potential legal concerns.

Back to the development, some pedestrian crossing lights have been installed on the Kilternan side of the roundabout now at least which addresses one of my earlier concerns somewhat.

I would imagine the build quality is of the highest order. No doubting the development is not selling as quickly as they may have hoped. The second official launch was due this month, any idea when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If you have concerns over the authenticity of a post please use the report post function. Regarding deletions, boards rules prohibit the posting of anything that may leave the site open to legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aidrian

Does anyone know if these houses are actually going to launch in September? Ive looked at them before and was impressed with size upstairs but not with layout downstairs, and am a bit worried about the location - anyone know if they are getting asking price?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Just curious, why would you choose these houses over something like the below?

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-shrewsbury-lawn-cabinteely-dublin-18/3530394

because thats an ugly to look at dormer that happens to be in a better area. half the price of that is all postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,933 ✭✭✭✭listermint

aidrian wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these houses are actually going to launch in September? Ive looked at them before and was impressed with size upstairs but not with layout downstairs, and am a bit worried about the location - anyone know if they are getting asking price?

Of course theres a poster above saying they are fabulous, High spec and all of them are reaching the asking price.

Read that post,

utterly fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

because thats an ugly to look at dormer that happens to be in a better area. half the price of that is all postcode.

Yes but its a much bigger plot that is typical of older properties. Theres much more long term potential in a house like that. Also a lot of people want to buy into areas that are already established.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Attended the open day, absolutely nuts, nice but how the hell do they expect people to pay that kind of money for that location, mental

I would imagine the build quality is of the highest order.

Have you any evidence to support your imagination?

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    If you have concerns over the authenticity of a post please use the report post function. Regarding deletions, boards rules prohibit the posting of anything that may leave the site open to legal action.
    No one post is worthy of reporting but there is definitely a suspicious pattern of posting. The deletions are completely understandable as I mentioned in my post.
    It seems odd that the thread on a single development is simultaneously attracting both shills and a few others making accusations about the development.

Advertisement