Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Estate Agent Tactics

Options
  • 07-04-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Instead of putting it in a separate topic I have managed to stick my post in someone else's thread. So I'm re posting with apology.

I am removing the links as I saw the moderator did this.

I am posting this as I believe this will never change if we just let it go and do nothing about it.

The asking price for the property in question was just amazing for the type of property, it's also a lovely estate in my opinion. No doubt there were plenty of people interested in it. The property was listed in Togher in Cork but a nice part of Togher.

This is the timeline of the events shortly.

Property got listed on daft.ie on 27.03.2014. I contacted the estate agent the same day to arrange a viewing. I was told the earliest available was a block viewing on Thursday, 03.04.2014, between 4pm and 5pm.

We turned up at the address at 4:45 pm on Thursday, 03.04.2014 straight after work The house was locked. We waited around at at about 5 pm my husband called the estate agent on his mobile number. There was no answer but he left a message with our details asking him to call us back. There was no call back on the Thursday or the following day.

On Friday 04.04.2014 I called the estate agent again on the office number as he wasn't answering the mobile and said to the lady I spoke to that we were very interested in the property and I asked for a viewing. I was told we will be contacted back by the estate agent responsible. There was no phone call back from the estate agent.

05 and 06.04.2014 was the weekend.

Оno 07.04. 2014 my husband called the estate agent office number again first thing in the morning. They tried to deter him by saying that there were already two offers for this property. He told them that we were also interested in putting in an offer. He also told them that we have already left a few messages that were not returned. They told him they will get the responsible estate agent to contact him back. An hour later the estate agent made contact saying it was too late and the property was sale agreed.

So in the space of one working day they have went into sale agreed completely ignoring the strong interest we were expressing in this property. No apology or explanation was offered.

I am convinced that whoever is selling this property did not get the best price for it as we, and no doubt many more other people, were prevented from bidding on it by the estate agent.

I was wondering if there is any point in putting in a complaint about this estate agent to the authority that regulates them? We have never dealt with this estate agent before but what they did on this occasion is very dodgy.

I was also hoping that, if any person has had the same experience with them for this or another property, they will get inspiration from this post and will send their own complaint. As nothing will ever change if we just let things go every time something like this happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

You didn't - I moved it as there is already a live thread on the subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement