Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre Monasterevin ?

Options
  • 07-04-2014 5:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just checked this fibre map and Monasterevin is now listed for June.
    Initially this map stated efibre arrival in March, then April,then May and now its June.

So will we get it in 2014 at all?

This is incredibly frustrating,i saw the cables go into the ground on the first week on January yet we are no closer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Dcully wrote: »
    I just checked this fibre map and Monasterevin is now listed for June.
    Initially this map stated efibre arrival in March, then April,then May and now its June.

So will we get it in 2014 at all?

This is incredibly frustrating,i saw the cables go into the ground on the first week on January yet we are no closer.
    Hi Dcully
    yes some of the delivery dates have had to be changed due to recent demands on technical staff to reduce backlog of faults due to bad storms. Though these storms were back in Feb, the damage done was extensive. We have been advised that these latest foretasted dates are correct.
    We do apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused, we are pushing this ahead as fast as possible.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eoghanoh

Hi Dcully,

I thought you might find these photos encouraging:

No, I'm not a freak and I don't randomly go around taking pictures of holes in the ground.  I just knew what was coming, that's all!  The base was there for about a week.  I expect others to be done shortly too.

For anyone who is wondering what this is, look at this other post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83997736&postcount=1

Eoghan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for that eoghanoh ive spotted them myself as im watching progress like a hawk, bad news however as the efibre map has us listed as July now, for god sake it was Match at first and its slipped month by month.
    This week there is a lot of work going on at cabinets in the town but still listed as July.
    Incredibly frustrating, Rathangan goes live this month,all other surrounding towns are live too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 darchangel

Hi, 

I cycled around Monasterevin this morning to scout out progress on VDSL cabinet roll-out. I could only find two.  I've added the two VDSL cabinets to the boards.ie fibre rollout map.  Those two boxes have been there for a few weeks and there is no sign of further work being done.

I then went back to Eircoms NGB Rollout map to check roll-out completion date and the rollout date has changed from April 2014 to August 2014 while other areas around us Rathangan, Portarlington have the services already up and running.

Like Dcully, Im just wondering are we being overlooked yet again ? Monasterevin is a serious blackspot for service deprivation. We really need Eircom to come through for us on this one.

Steve

This is getting terribly frustrating, dates changing constantly and all surrounding towns are live  now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

This is getting terribly frustrating, dates changing constantly and all surrounding towns are live  now.

Hi Dcully

I can totally understand the frustration however I can confirm that the dates will always be subject to change. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Al

Oh the joy, just to top it off we are suffering slow down at peak hours the last few days yet again.
    It was fine the last few months now its poor again.
    I think we are routed via Limerick and i see on the broadband forum there are lots of eircom users in Limerick/Tipp suffering slowdown the last few days,i wonder is this related?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 darchangel

Oh the joy, just to top it off we are suffering slow down at peak hours the last few days yet again.
    I think we are routed via Limerick and i see on the broadband forum there are lots of eircom users in Limerick/Tipp suffering slowdown the last few days,i wonder is this related?
    Hi Dcully,

Reliable source tells me theres a problem locally with power supply for the new cabs. Have to wait until July for clearance with a delivery date of August.

Darch

Thanks for that darchangel.

darchangel wrote: »
    Hi Dcully,

Reliable source tells me theres a problem locally with power supply for the new cabs. Have to wait until July for clearance with a delivery date of August.

Darch
    Hi darchangel, thanks for that. We have no information on this here but I will see if I can elaborate on this.
    Tony

• Advertisement

The cab at supervalu seems completed this morning,its about 100m from me.
    Efibre is so close i can almost touch it yet apparently we have to wait until August :(

The cab at supervalu seems completed this morning,its about 100m from me.
    Efibre is so close i can almost touch it yet apparently we have to wait until August :(
    Hi Dcully,

The time frames listed on the website are the only time frames that we have been given. If these change at all we will update the coverage map. http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Tony

Thanks Tony.

No worries at all.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

got mine installed in Athy on Friday there...
    Might not be too long for you now!

just be warned though... my 50mb max package only returns 15mb!

2mb slower than non fibre 24mb package! 

got mine installed in Athy on Friday there...
    Might not be too long for you now!

just be warned though... my 50mb max package only returns 15mb!

2mb slower than non fibre 24mb package! 
    Hi sparkfireman

I'm sorry to hear of your speed issue, feel free to PM me your efibre account details and I will look in to this for you :)

Thanks

Al

Ok this has got even more confusing, i just got an email saying efibre is in my area as i asked to be informed as such.
    Off i went to check availability on the efibre site where you enter your number, result states efibre coming to my area in June.
    Seriously does anybody know what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ok this has got even more confusing, i just got an email saying efibre is in my area as i asked to be informed as such.
    Off i went to check availability on the efibre site where you enter your number, result states efibre coming to my area in June.
    I got the email here too and our area says May.

Hi Dcully,

There seems to be an issue there, apologies for the inconvenience however I will make operations aware of this right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan

• Advertisement

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just got the following email, someone is messing with my head here lol.[/font]
    All i can do is laugh at this stage.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Customer,

[font=Arial, sans-serif]You recently received an email from us informing you that you could receive eFibre.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately this email was sent in error and your home has not yet been enabled for eFibre.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]As soon as your home can receive eFibre, we will contact you as requested by email.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We apologise for any inconvenience caused.  [/font]
     [/font]

aS9CCu_pW59Q3fZj6TyPVjCaXVrXgoRekCYOs1sHBj8-EaX5m1qkYjGhrz8tp5YIZHobzZqxrFtDW3Kgg2CWiHwM5n0=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/images/break.png
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eircom[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Any chance of an additional line being run out to the lughill/grange direction!

No?

Ok thanks eircom you guys are the best :)

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just got the following email, someone is messing with my head here lol.[/font]
    All i can do is laugh at this stage.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Customer,

[font=Arial, sans-serif]You recently received an email from us informing you that you could receive eFibre.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately this email was sent in error and your home has not yet been enabled for eFibre.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]As soon as your home can receive eFibre, we will contact you as requested by email.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We apologise for any inconvenience caused.  [/font]
     [/font]

[img=587x19]https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/aS9CCu_pW59Q3fZj6TyPVjCaXVrXgoRekCYOs1sHBj8-EaX5m1qkYjGhrz8tp5YIZHobzZqxrFtDW3Kgg2CWiHwM5n0=s0-d-e1-ft#<a href=[/img]http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/images/break.png&quot; />
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eircom[/font]
    Hi Dcully

Apologies for the inconvenience the first email caused.

I've provided all feedback on this error to online operations.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan

Advertisement