Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest? how's the area?

Options
  • 07-04-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, currently living in Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1. Got sick of the noise and constant traffic outside my window and loud teens from flats around the corner. Moving to Citywest, Belfry area. Anything I should know about area?
    Any hassle or things I should avoid? I have car so I will be mostly driving.

Which do you think is more peaceful? Mountjoy or Citywest?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GinaI

Hi, I am interested to find out about nice / not so nice areas in Citywest. Any feedback, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

GinaI wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested to find out about nice / not so nice areas in Citywest. Any feedback, please?

I am living here for the past 6 months, pretty happy so far, great views of mountains and quiet in general, good transport services available (Luas, Nitelink (4 AM on Friday/Sat), Buses, etc..)

I live in Belfry estates, and I haven't seen or heard any trouble over past 6 months. During day there are streets and fields full of kids playing so it's a quiet area and pretty good if you have family.
    Neighbors are pretty quiet/decent too, not like there is one neighbor who causes hassle always, none of that.

So yeah, I am pretty happy with this area.
    Helps if you have car.

arleitiss wrote: »
    I am living here for the past 6 months, pretty happy so far, great views of mountains and quiet in general, good transport services available (Luas, Nitelink (4 AM on Friday/Sat), Buses, etc..)

I live in Belfry estates, and I haven't seen or heard any trouble over past 6 months. During day there are streets and fields full of kids playing so it's a quiet area and pretty good if you have family.
    Neighbors are pretty quiet/decent too, not like there is one neighbor who causes hassle always, none of that.

Helps if you have car.

Thank you very much for your answer. I am looking at Belfry area as well ( but not only there).

arleitiss wrote: »

Helps if you have car.

Would you know about schools in the area?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Thanks

There is lots of children in uniforms walking every day, so I assume there is 1 or two nearby, I just checked, there is http://www.stthomas.ie/about/
    And pretty sure there is more nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Thanks

There's another 3 primary schools nearby: Scoil Niamh, Educate Together (both beside the Saggart Luas stop) and St Mary's in Saggart village.

Advertisement