Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack White - ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM

Options
  • 07-04-2014 6:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jack White has just announced details of a special outdoor performance at Royal Hospital Kilmainham on Thursday 26 June 2014, subject to licence.

Jack White is the latest artist to be confirmed as part of a series of unique shows which take place in the intimate and historic setting of Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin June 2014.

Tickets for Jack White are priced €44.05 including booking fee and go on sale this Friday, 11 April at 10am from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and www.ticketmaster.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wish I could go, would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

was hoping for an electric picnic appearance ... !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Damn, so that is him out of Electric Picnic rumours.
    How can this be classfied as an intimate venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Sickened I won't be able to make this, should be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jaysus, major problem. Do I eat or buy a ticket. Wish they gave more than a few days to get your accounts in order.
    Too many direct debits going out this week. Cries.
    Its gonna sell out straight away isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

comet wrote: »
    How can this be classfied as an intimate venue?

It can be if you lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Mince Pie wrote: »

It won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Jaysus, major problem. Do I eat or buy a ticket. Wish they gave more than a few days to get your accounts in order.
    Too many direct debits going out this week. Cries.
    Going to hazard a guess and say tickets will be available up until the day for this. The Jack White name wouldn't be as strong as The White Stripes would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Pretty much all the acts announced for the IMMA this summer have played a headline gig at O2 before -right?

So I'd guess this 'intimate' venue is gonna be bigger than that, its a lovely spot but feck all small about the IMMA. Its were all posh people in Kilmainham bring their poodles for a sh#t.

I doubt it could be the courtyard either as that would be fire exit no-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Toast wrote: »
    It won't.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Going to hazard a guess and say tickets will be available up until the day for this. The Jack White name wouldn't be as strong as The White Stripes would have been.

Ok chaps! I'm going to destress and eat this week and get a ticket next week. If it sells out in the meantime I am going to be very upset with you both. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can actually see this struggling to sell. Jack White is nowhere near the draw that the White Stripes are and there are so many other big gigs/festivals already this summer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can actually see this struggling to sell. Jack White is nowhere near the draw that the White Stripes are and there are so many other big gigs/festivals already this summer.

Suppose it all depends on the actual capacity they will be using and as said he played the o2 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

This should sell well considering he had a good crowd at his o2 concert. He is a far bigger draw than the current headliners for the electric picnic, I dont think any of them have headlined an Irish venue bigger than the olympia in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Dont see it selling out anytime immediately what with relatively late announcement. Not sure how many were at 02 last time but it was no more than 8,000 max if i was to hazard a guess. Gutted to be missing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How big is the venue? It would have to be tiny to sell out fast id say. His solo material is great but he isn't as mainstream as the white stripes were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Planning to get a ticket, is the venue seated or standing. Chronic back problems and long periods of standing isn't my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I imagine the set up on the day will be a-la-blur, rather than the Len Cohen layout. If so then expect mostly standing places. His music demands a standing cheering crowd, as opposed to a sitting appreciative one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

His gig in the O2 was excellent, the whole Hallowe'en fancy dress vibe really added to the whole atmosphere. This year is shaping up to be a great one...got my EP ticket Tuesday so it's no beer this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

got mine today in the Vault pre-sale... happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

got mine today in the Vault pre-sale... happy

how did you access that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

s8n wrote: »
    how did you access that ?

Subscribe as a Vault member. Not free tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Really disappointed with Kilmainham as a venue last year for Blur. The bar/toilet set up was chaos and it seemed really narrow to me in general.

Hope they've sorted it out for this year's gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

got my ticket, cant fcuking wait. The chap is possibly my all time favourite musician

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walshe95

Doubt this will sell out any time soon, if at all. Definitely if it's the same capacity as Blur was last year. That didn't come close to selling out and they would probably have a larger draw than Jack White, despite how good he is.

Walshe95 wrote: »
    Doubt this will sell out any time soon, if at all. Definitely if it's the same capacity as Blur was last year. That didn't come close to selling out and they would probably have a larger draw than Jack White, despite how good he is.

It wont be as big as Blur capacity wise since its being called an "Intimate " gig etc

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just bought a ticket. Paul Weller, Jack White and Biffy Clyro all in the one week. Can't wait.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just bought a ticket. Paul Weller, Jack White and Biffy Clyro all in the one week. Can't wait.

If i can get money together ill be doing the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That_Guy wrote: »

I've Biffy Clyro and Pixies/Arcade Fire that week already.
    I want to go to this so unfortunately I think Paul Weller is going to be the one that I miss out on.

It's going to be some summer gig wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walshe95

It wont be as big as Blur capacity wise since its being called an "Intimate " gig etc

Hopefully you're right. The small the better imo. Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon Kasabian, Electric Picnic and Drenge all in one summer isn't half bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

So hyped for this! Actually surprised it hasn't sold out yet. Any idea of capacity yet?

I'm from Donegal and going to Sea Sessions festival June 27th! Thank God he is Thursday 26th but now I will probably have to drag my tent, etc to Dublin. Hassle! Haha

Advertisement