Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack White - ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Just seen this on thread about Cohen gig at Kilmainham. http://1heckofaguy.com/2008/06/16/the-leonard-cohen-dublin-concert-photos-and-gasp-complaints/

10,000?! See the 4th photo, wouldn't you be pissed if you were in them seats on the side. I've never seen such a gap between stage and big screen!

But like some of yas said already it probably won't be at maximum capacity.
    Plus it's gotta be standing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

guest124 wrote: »
    Just seen this on thread about Cohen gig at Kilmainham. http://1heckofaguy.com/2008/06/16/the-leonard-cohen-dublin-concert-photos-and-gasp-complaints/

10,000?! See the 4th photo, wouldn't you be pissed if you were in them seats on the side. I've never seen such a gap between stage and big screen!

But like some of yas said already it probably won't be at maximum capacity.
    Plus it's gotta be standing!

Yea it will def be all standing and capacity has not been confirmed but id say 10,00 MAX but ill go for 5000

Yea it will def be all standing and capacity has not been confirmed but id say 10,00 MAX but ill go for 5000

From looking at other venues for tour they are all about 4000/5000 so I'd say you're right about 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

If MCD go with the Forbidden Fruit main stage configuration wouldn't that be 10,000 (festival capacity i believe) minus the 2 Marquees stages, so about 7,000 in total.

But thats just guess work.

So The Kills are the support act!

• Advertisement

So The Kills are the support act!

Has that been confirmed?

Has that been confirmed?

Yeah, was posted on his Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BrushyMan

Yeah, was posted on his Facebook page.

Rapid. I can't wait for this show. The Kills are pretty good live, I'm told. I've not had the pleasure to see them before.

Deffo the best headline, non-festival, show to come this year.

Yeah, they're supposed to be great live! Just hoping the weather is decent for the gig. Don't want to get drenched!

Wonder will capacity be announced...

Jack White
    Jack is pleased to announce that very special guests The Kills will be joining him on the bill for the Royal Hospital Kilmainham show in Dublin on June 26th. Tickets for the show are on sale now:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Delighted the kills have been added. one of my favourite bands!

As far as I'm concerned, this gig pisses on any gig thats on this summer , well in my opinion anyway. Actually have something to look forward to now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Can't wait for his new album

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jam76

Just booked my tickets through the Vault,coming from Belfast on public transport does anyone know the directions to the venue or whether train or bus should be better?

Jam76 wrote: »
    Just booked my tickets through the Vault,coming from Belfast on public transport does anyone know the directions to the venue or whether train or bus should be better?

Travelling to the Royal Hospital Kilmainham / Within Dublin City
    Public Transportation

BY LUAS:

Get the Luas red line to Heuston Station. Take the road to the left hand side of Heuston Station and then take first left which is Military Road. The Museum/ Royal Hospital Kilmainham entrance is clearly marked at the end of Military Road www.luas.ie

BY BUS:

Dublin Bus run buses to Heuston Station (5 minutes walk via Military Rd): 26 from Wellington Quay; 51, 79 from Aston Quay; 90 Dart Feeder Bus from Connolly and Tara Street Stations to Heuston Station.

Buses to James St (5 minute walk via steps to Bow Lane onto Irwin St and Military Rd): 123 from O'Connell St/Dame St; 51B, 78A from Aston Quay www.dublinbus.ie

Other buses traveling to Dublin - drop off point outside Heuston Station. www.buseireann.ie

BY TRAIN:

From West & South: go to Heuston Station; 5 minute walk from Heuston Station.

From North & East: go to Connolly Station.

From Connolly and Tara Street Stations by 90 bus to Heuston Station. Take the road to the left hand side of Heuston Station and then take first left which is Military Road. Museum/Royal Hospital Kilmainham Entrance clearly marked at the end of Military Road.

ON FOOT:

From Heuston Station take the road to the left hand side of Heuston Station and then take first left which is Military Road. Museum Entrance clearly marked at the end of Military Road. (10 minute walk)

Information taken from http://bealtaine.com/conference-creating-new-old/travelling-create-new-old
    ----

Are tickets from The Vault different than ticketmaster tickets?

Ticket link from the Vault takes you to Ticketmaster ,so I don't see them being different.
    The only difference with Vault tickets is you have a chance to get early entry to the gig if your fortunate enough.

I wonder will any Irish bands be added to the line-up? Would be a great oppourtunity for a local rock band.

I'm not familiar with JW solo albums but was glad to see his previous setlists seems to cover tunes from all his previous work.

Yeah Jack White does a very good show,dont think anyone else will be added to the support.
    Seen him a good few times both with the raconteurs ,the White Stripes and on his solo stuff.
    Dont know if he is bringing both the bands with him as he has a male and female band he takes turns to play with.

Jam76 wrote: »
    Dont know if he is bringing both the bands with him as he has a male and female band he takes turns to play with.

Isnt the lead female singer for The Kills also in The Dead Weather? I'm guessing she'll join him for a few tunes.

lc180 wrote: »
    Isnt the lead female singer for The Kills also in The Dead Weather? I'm guessing she'll join him for a few tunes.

Yeah she sure does and what a frontwoman seen Dead Weather a few times too,hopefully do a couple of tracks.

Would have loved to have seen The Raconteurs

• Advertisement

Yeah they are class,don't worry I'm sure they will be back.Read in an interview that Jack says they ain't finished due to everyone being so busy.
    Have you heard of The Greenhornes they at good too .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

love the dead weather , wish i got to see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Think i'll head along to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Tomorrow.... Woop woop

Tomorrow.... Woop woop

Tomorrow!!?

Tomorrow month?!

Dont panic me :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just saw Jack last night play over 2 hrs.
    Absolutamazing set.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Massively excited about The Kills. The the only one of my favourite bands I've yet to see live. Looking forward to seeing Jack White again too, always a great show.

A question for anyone who's been to the Kilmainham venue before please; what's the bar situation like, and what's the security/searching situation like?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Anyone know is there a pit for this gig?

Bootsy. wrote: »
    A question for anyone who's been to the Kilmainham venue before please; what's the bar situation like, and what's the security/searching situation like?

Impossible to tell just yet, MCD haven't run any gigs in Kilmainham in quite a few years so who knows what there set-up will be like. Paul Weller and Elbow are on the nights before Jack White so probably best to just wait and hear reviews from those to get a proper idea of what to expect.

• Advertisement

This time next week! :D

Advertisement