Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack White - ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM

Options

Comments

not crazy about his album I have to say, not a patch on 'Blunderbuss' anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I hope this happens next week, mobiles really p!ss me off!
    Sorry about the funny red stuff on the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 davidholden

All,
    I'm bringing my 14 year old but have noticed its "over 18s only" rather than the usual "under 18s accompanied".
    Would really appreciate if anyone has had a similar kilmainham experience or could advise if this is as strict as it seems on the ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

I always park in St Stephens Green car park when I go to gigs in Dublin.
    Are there any buses from St Stephens Green to Kilmainham for this gig and the others there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

villa2008 wrote: »
    I always park in St Stephens Green car park when I go to gigs in Dublin.
    Are there any buses from St Stephens Green to Kilmainham for this gig and the others there next week.

Would you not be better parking in the nearest car park to the gig you're heading to :confused:

In this case, I'd say Heuston Station would be handier to park at & you could walk to the gig...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Would you not be better parking in the nearest car park to the gig you're heading to :confused:

In this case, I'd say Heuston Station would be handier to park at & you could walk to the gig...

Yeah, the nearest would be best, but I find the St Stephens Green car park is pretty close to all the city centre venues, apart from say the 02.

Just saw there were buses from St Stephens Green for the Forbidden Fruit Festival held at Kilmainham recently and thought they may be available again this week with all the gigs on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I live beside the RHK so I went in for a gawk at the site build today.

Looks like the same set-up as Blur last year but a lot more condensed. The site itself is in great condition but definitely not what I would describe as 'intimate'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Any word on stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Going to see Weller tonight and just realised that the briefs have row and seat numbers on them, WTF? Is RHK seated for all these gigs?

Bateman wrote: »
    Going to see Weller tonight and just realised that the briefs have row and seat numbers on them, WTF? Is RHK seated for all these gigs?

No its standing only. If you go on ticketmaster there isnt even an option to buy seats.

That is printed on mosy gig stubs, must be a way of tracking numbers or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Any word on stage times?

I'd imagine it'd be similar to tonight's times.

Gates: 6:30pm
    First act: 7:15pm
    Jack White: 8:45pm

Bateman wrote: »

Hey Bateman, how was the gig? can you let us know the setup inside the RHK. Is there a pit, whats the beer and food situation? Cheers

I was at the Weller gig last night so will give you a bit of info;

First off the gig was good if not spectacular, I thoroughly enjoyed it and there nothing wrong with the performance really but the amount of people standing around talking for the whole thing shocked me a bit. I thought the sound was pretty low and during a couple of songs it felt like the act was backing music in a bar or something.

But anyway.....Bar situation was grand, 1 long bar with 2 entrances, didn't have to queue at all on both occasion we went to the bar. Usual food places around, Eddie Rockets, Pizza Kings etc. - we had eaten before hand so didn't need anything. Once again, I didn't have to wait at all for the toilets. Walking in, security was fine and straight forward, walking out once again was quick and easy.

Weller was on around 20:40 and I think it finished up about 22:20ish.

No pit and a lot of spaces around. Can't really compare to Jack White because the crowd will be very, very different.

I just hope the sound issue was down to Wellers people and not limitation by organisers for some reason...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was at the Weller gig last night so will give you a bit of info;

First off the gig was good if not spectacular, I thoroughly enjoyed it and there nothing wrong with the performance really but the amount of people standing around talking for the whole thing shocked me a bit. I thought the sound was pretty low and during a couple of songs it felt like the act was backing music in a bar or something.

But anyway.....Bar situation was grand, 1 long bar with 2 entrances, didn't have to queue at all on both occasion we went to the bar. Usual food places around, Eddie Rockets, Pizza Kings etc. - we had eaten before hand so didn't need anything. Once again, I didn't have to wait at all for the toilets. Walking in, security was fine and straight forward, walking out once again was quick and easy.

Weller was on around 20:40 and I think it finished up about 22:20ish.

No pit and a lot of spaces around. Can't really compare to Jack White because the crowd will be very, very different.

I just hope the sound issue was down to Wellers people and not limitation by organisers for some reason...

What was the turnout for Weller?

I was up the front and at the time I thought it was about 85% full, there was a lot of space around the edges and at the back when I noticed when I was going to the bar/toilets which are located at the back of the crowd.

But here is a photo from Wellers daughter from the stage

14xjxaa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Can I ask what the venue is like in terms of flooring? I'm heading up to a gig there this weekend and am wondering if all the rain means I should bring my wellies?
    Or is the ground covered a la Croke Park?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

ash23 wrote: »
    Can I ask what the venue is like in terms of flooring? I'm heading up to a gig there this weekend and am wondering if all the rain means I should bring my wellies?

Thanks

The email sent out by ticketmaster says to wear wellies if it's raining.

Email said:

USEFUL EVENT INFORMATION:

Thursday 26th June - Gates open at 18:30hrs
    Jack White - 20.45hrs
    The Kills - 19:15hrs

Friday 27th June - Gates open at 18:30hrs
    The Coronas - 20.45hrs
    Riptide Movement - 19.15hrs

Saturday 28th June - Gates Open at 17:30hrs
    Biffy Clyro - 20:45
    You Me At Six - 19:15hrs
    Little Matador - 18:00hrs

YOUR SAFETY
    These are outdoor events. Concerts will take place rain or shine.
    DO:
    Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
    Dress appropriately for the weather. If it is sunny please bring sun-cream and a hat. If it is raining please bring wet weather clothing including wellies.
    Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
    Note that if you are or perceived to be intoxicated you will be refused entry to the concert even if you hold a valid ticket. Intoxication through alcohol or drugs, any form of antisocial behaviour, Crowd Surfing or Moshing will not be tolerated. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the venue anyone taking part in these activities without a refund.
    You may be body and/or bag searched at the entrance. Any item(s), which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.
    This is a strictly over 18's event.
     Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission.
     Acceptable forms of proof are:
     Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence.
     We reserve the right refuse admission without a refund if you cannot prove your age.

There is no re-admission at these concerts.
    Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
    Please use the public toilets that have been provided.
    For your own safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
    For your own and the safety of others please move slowly and quietly when exiting the Concert site and co-operate with stewards' directions.
    Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue (with the exception of up to 500ml of water in a sealed plastic bottle)
    Photo proof of age is required for sale of alcohol - Driving Licence, Passport or Garda Age Card
    Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
    Note that the concert is being recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
    Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
    Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.

PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCE.

DO NOT: 
    PLEASE NOTE SEARCHING WILL TAKE PLACE ON ENTRY TO THE EVENT.
    Bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks.
    Drive to the event. There is STRICTLY no concert parking at the venue or in residential areas.
    Do not park illegally. Towing in operation.
    Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
    Do not bring umbrellas, flagpoles or alcohol into the grounds. These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers.
    Do not bring illegal substances or weapons to this event.
    Do not rush the exits after the concert.
    Do not bring professional cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.
    Do not crowd surf or mosh, as you will be removed from the venue without refund.

Thanks

Its just mostly grass and a some gravel on a few paths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Thanks all. I may pack my wellies so judging from the rain that's fallen the last couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Thanks all. I may pack my wellies so judging from the rain that's fallen the last couple of days.

ground is solid today, little wet but i cant see it being a mud bath unless it opens up between now and then, fine dryin out for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

According to my trusty Yahoo weather app, heavens are going to open later on alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Ohh dear! Kinda wet out there

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Well, wasn't that a grand ol' gig. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Despite the elements, it got better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Despite the elements, it got better and better.

Took a little bit to get goin but he was immense. Chap is a genius.

Drenched now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

How wet was the ground? Are wellies needed - heading to biffy Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

He was as good as I had hoped and better. Second half was class, obviously overran his time slot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Pious14 wrote: »
    How wet was the ground? Are wellies needed - heading to biffy Saturday?

Same here ! How wet was it ?

Also were they giving out pit passes or just letting everyone in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Same here ! How wet was it ?

Also were they giving out pit passes or just letting everyone in ?

It rained pretty much the whole night, the ground was fine. No pit as its a pretty small venue.

This happened tho

Advertisement