Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack White - ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Maybe I'm getting old and miserable but the rain really ruined it for me, pretty small turnout compared to Elbow and not much of an atmosphere apart from at the very front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

lc180 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm getting old and miserable but the rain really ruined it for me, pretty small turnout compared to Elbow and not much of an atmosphere apart from at the very front.

The rain definitely dampened things a lot. Some of his songs were a bit drawn out but some were excellent. His crowd interaction was great I thought.
    Also, are we to assume that the PA gets 'turned off' every night he plays :p ?

what a gig! I thought the rain loosened people up a bit (where I was anyway). It stopped raining literally the minute the gig was over! Great night though, massive step up from Weller on Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The rain definitely dampened things a lot. Some of his songs were a bit drawn out but some were excellent. His crowd interaction was great I thought.

What happened with the PA?

Looking at the set-list I'm absolutely sickened I couldn't go, damn work :( Plenty of White Stripes tunes in there, I'd say Ball and Biscuit was immense!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ROBBO7

Thought the constant rain and cold ruined it alright but then again more fool me for not bringing extra raingear. Set list was ok and did think it was a lot heavier then expected. Love Interrupted with The Kills singer was good though and thought the cover of the stooges classic was excellent..special mention to the drummer boy did he earn his fee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I was at his first gig of this tour and there was no turning off of any PA's

Id say he was meant to stop before 10:30, at 10:45 they cut him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr. Jones

I thought last night was amazing. People probably already know but Jack generally doesn't use set-lists. This might be different this tour but it's quite probable that he wasn't using one last night. He just plays what he feels and the band have to keep up. So the snippets of Kaye West, Beck and the Stooges could very well have been done off the cuff. I feel like he was trying really really hard to make sure everyone had a good time despite the weather. And I also think the PA thing was legit too. As I say he's not really prone to schticky things like faking a PA shut down.

One complaint I have though was the security. Unfortunately this is generally the case but the bars are always far more staffed then the front gate! Irish security are often so heavy handed, they almost always have this ****ty attitude. I know its a serious job and they are trying to keep people safe but people have paid money to have a good time not to be herded and harassed. I won't bore you with personal anecdotes (really no point) but I would kinda like to complain.

Does anyone have any info about who I should say this to? Promotional company? Security company? I really wish this aspect of live music in Ireland could change. There really is no need to be so gruff with people who just want to listen to music in a field. Don't get me started on festivals here. Ever since going to some fests in England I've realised that staff can be polite, sensible and effective. Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I'd be nearly certain the PA cut off was legit, both elbow an weller were finished by 10.30 and I'm nearly certain they started to cut the PA around then

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Brilliant gig, better than last time, just a pity The Kills didn't get longer, they were great though.

Finishing with this after the PA cut was magic...

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sounds like a cool gig!

Bruce Springsteen finished his Hyde Park set with "Goodnight Irene" after the power was cut!
    I guess Jack White was taking notes, hehe.

• Advertisement

Show getting great reviews online and the video of the PA cut is on a lot of sites. Was smiling and singing along again watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

stuchyg wrote: »
    Show getting great reviews online and the video of the PA cut is on a lot of sites. Was smiling and singing along again watching it

over 10,000 views since i uploaded.

over 10,000 views since i uploaded.

It's on crave and kroq sites at least, thanks for the vid. Was explaining to my wife about it when I got home last night but was much better being able to show her. Tied with the black keys in London for my favourite gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Did anyone see the muppet who printed his ticket on an A1 sheet. Seriously, how attention seeking can you be ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Great gig though...

He is live on BBC2 tonight in Glastonbury at half 7 for anyone interested

Advertisement