Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter eggs.

Options
  • 07-04-2014 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

There isn't much of a choice after all is there? Shops are full wall to wall but when it comes down to it most of them are either cadbury or nestle. I'm more a nestle person but it would be great if either cadbury or nestle had a choice of eggs instead of the same one in every single box. Maybe a few flavoured, rippled etc high end ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Tesco Chockablock (sp) ones seem pretty good, had a bit of one last year and it was gorgeous. Big chunks of fudge in the egg. I'd love to see some unusual Cadbury ones, like maybe a crunchie egg with honeycomb pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 immersive

Yes this is what is missing from the Cadbury ones. They are all the same thing. I had one of those tesco ones last year, they were quality but haven't seen them in egg form this year, just in flat squares. Must check again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times.

Easter Egg-Sized Cadbury's Creme Egg. With Creme. No excuses.

immersive wrote: »
    Yes this is what is missing from the Cadbury ones. They are all the same thing. I had one of those tesco ones last year, they were quality but haven't seen them in egg form this year, just in flat squares. Must check again.

Had a look at their website earlier, eggs present and correct there anyway. Big mistake - put on half a stone just looking at them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

they are mainly all the same egg with 2 bars, boring. When i was young you would get a yorkie egg with individually wrapped segments inside the egg, and the egg was really thick. It was usually in a carton in the shape of a truck.
    ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times.

Easter Egg-Sized Cadbury's Creme Egg. With Creme. No excuses.

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/the-creme-de-la-creme-egg
    Picture19.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There is a very small selection this year. I was able to get a Green and Blacks mint egg in Dunnes though. Last year I had to buy it in a health shop.

I saw this one in Tesco and it looks pretty amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 immersive

Correct, most eggs are the same with just two bars. Gave a detailed look today.

Cadbury - Muck and all the same. Think the eggs come from the UK.
    Nestle - Prefer nestle so always grab a galaxy when they go down a few euro.
    Thornton - Tried before, nothing special.
    Ferrero Rocher - At least its different. Once is enough.
    Elizabeth Shaw - Who? Never tried this chocolate.
    Guinness - WTF?
    Butlers - Looks fancy. Tried once. Better than Cadburys but nothing crazy.
    Lily O'Briens. - Great range with different flavour eggs etc but not too gone on their taste but great effort.
    Lir - Maybe next year if I can justify the price.
    Tesco - As described above had a delicious one last year but that range is not in my tesco. Grabbed one of their small tesco finest ones.
    Green and Blacks - Also got one of these. Extremely optomistic.
    Kinder - Does this taste like kinder egg? I like kinder beuno and the small cereal bars but not gone on the kinder surprise taste. Seems cheap.
    Lindt - Never understood the fuss about this fancy company but thats just my personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bananabooks

Can anyone give recommendation for the luxury eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

immersive wrote: »
    Nestle - Prefer nestle so always grab a galaxy when they go down a few euro.

Galaxy is made by Mars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭sporina

how many eggs did ye get through?

i ate a whole lily o briens nuts about fruit egg myself.. grr.. was yum though

• Advertisement

Were the ChokaBlok eggs available in any Tesco stores I wonder? I checked 2 stores and only found the flat egg shaped chocolate bars which were horrible value at €5 for I think 150g?

Advertisement