Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Piliger wrote: »
    I'm writing to a thread about her passing because that's what I want to comment on. Why do you have a problem with that ?

If you're so sick of hearing about it, why are you contributing to the traffic on the subject? Surely if it was making you that mad, you'd just ignore it in the hopes that it will die down eventually, which it inevitably will. As it stands, it just looks like you're using the thread as a playground to be contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

read the last few pages and they remind me of the discussions/arguments I have with my headstrong(beyond belief)13 year old......move on please

Think you are doing your 13 year old a disservice there Bob - I at least assume he/she has a point sometimes....

Who on earth is this Peaches Geldof other than some spoilt child of Bob ?
    I have NOTHING against her, mind ! and I love Bob. But really ... WTF is this all about ?
    She is a virtually unknown young woman who writes a column unknown to 99% of people and has no talent or importance whatsoever. The only people interesting in this day after day after day after day coverage in the media are her family and friends.
    Then why the stupid comment. If you can't say anything decent about the dead, say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Then why the stupid comment. If you can't say anything decent about the dead, say nothing.

Bollox. Who says it's a stupid question anyway ? Are you a Mod ?

Is that what this thread is about ? "Saying something nice about Peaches Geldof " ? No. Its a discussion board. It's for discussion.

My question about the media is a perfectly fair and reasonable one and it's not for you to decide whether it is or not. :rolleyes:

I'm writing to a thread about her passing because that's what I want to comment on. Why do you have a problem with that ?

Yes, but that's not all you did.

You described a newly deceased mother of two babies as 'spoilt', 'of no talent or importance whatsoever', which to even the barely-interested onlooker, looks like you decided to post to just vent some vitriol for some reason.

It wasn't diluted by the standard 'I have nothing against her...', because usually people don't insult the dead unless they do, or maybe because they're just prone to spite.

• Advertisement

Is that what this thread is about ? "Saying something nice about Peaches Geldof " ? No. Its a discussion board. It's for discussion.

My question about the media is a perfectly fair and reasonable one and it's not for you to decide whether it is or not. :rolleyes:

Tetchy

Yes, that part was fair. What's not fair is making unflattering character judgments about someone you didn't know.

I have absolutely no idea why on earth you'd be getting so het up about something like this. It's not that difficult to avoid something happening in the media if you really want to. It looks like you're doing the opposite, however. You're actively seeking it out and then bitching about how annoying it is. :rolleyes:

LorMal wrote: »
    Tetchy

No. I came to make a simple and perfectly reasonable comment about the media making a huge deal about an unknown woman dying. What is so awful about that ?
    Another woman of only 21 died yesterday in Killiney near where I used to live. I knew her. Everyone local knew her. Coverage in the Press for almost a week ?

I have absolutely no idea why on earth you'd be getting so het up about something like this. It's not that difficult to avoid something happening in the media if you really want to. It looks like you're doing the opposite, however. You're actively seeking it out and then bitching about how annoying it is. :rolleyes:

You mean like 90% of the posts in After Hours ? yeah :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

(Please move on Piliger and show some respect).

I must say I was really shocked and upset by the news of Bobs daughter's sudden death. He is such a fantastic guy and has been through so much in his life - now this horrific event.
    I hope he can eventually come to terms with it in some way.
    She was so young - just starting out - and she seems to have inherited his spirit and zest for life. I will never understand why these things happen...

Pilger has no intention of doing anything other than stirring things with pathetic small minded drivel. Best ignored.

So that's your excuse? Everyone else does it (not that I'm seeing much of it in this particular thread apart from you)? What nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Stretch The Pussy

The media can cover whatever topics they want, they don't answer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No. I came to make a simple and perfectly reasonable comment about the media making a huge deal about an unknown woman dying. What is so awful about that ?
    Another woman of only 21 died yesterday in Killiney near where I used to live. I knew her. Everyone local knew her. Coverage in the Press for almost a week ?

There is a big difference, Geldof is a celebrity, Peaches was a minor celebrity in her own right, the family by the nature of their professions were courting the media on a regular basis so would expect this kind of attention at such a time.

A normal joe however is totally different, a family needs privacy at this time, while the death of that young woman is equally tragic I don't think its fair on her family to have it in the national media. Give them their privacy, have some respect for their loss.

Pilger has no intention of doing anything other than stirring things with pathetic small minded drivel. Best ignored.

Why do you find it so necessary to be personally abusive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Everyone local knew her.
    Bob Geldof is known throughout the world, so if a daughter of his (even one who only has 374,000 twitter followers) dies suddenly it's bound to hit the headlines, & will remain there until the day after her funeral. There will be a bit more coverage when the toxicology results are released & that will be it.

That's the way the world works nowadays & has for quite some time, so it's probably best to embrace change & try to get on with things as best you can.

The media can cover whatever topics they want, they don't answer to you.

Are you making that statement on behalf of the media ? Do we all answer to you ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Stretch The Pussy

Are you making that statement on behalf of the media ? Do we all answer to you ?

If the media want to cover a celebeities death they are entitled tp do so, What's yiur problem with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

If the media want to cover a celebeities death they are entitled tp do so, What's yiur problem with that?

Thanked purely for your bizarre choice of username! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I'm really torn on this one.

Piliger is being unkind, but Stretch The Pussy is a dreadful username.

:mad:

Muise... wrote: »
    I'm really torn on this one.

Piliger is being unkind, but Stretch_The_Pussy is a dreadful username.

:mad:

I sometimes choose not to respond to a user based on the tastelessness of their username. There are a few, but that one is particularly notable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Jeez.......
    Someone didnt have their Ready Brek this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's been reported this morning that Peaches' 11-month-old son Phaedra was with her when she passed. So sad, I hope it wasn't too long before she was found, the poor baby :(

Very sad indeed

Wasn't her younger sister with her mother when she died

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Very sad indeed

Wasn't her younger sister with her mother when she died

Yes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Not given to speculation but posting a pic of herself with her departed mother the day before she dies says a lot about where her head was. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Aidric wrote: »
    Not given to speculation but posting a pic of herself with her departed mother the day before she dies says a lot about where her head was. RIP.

She really seemed devoted to those kids. I highly doubt she would kill herself whilst her youngest child was in her sole care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    She really seemed devoted to those kids. I highly doubt she would kill herself whilst her youngest child was in her sole care.

Sorry, but this kind of thinking assumes there is a logic or rational thinking connected with suicide. Although true in some cases, there is plenty of evidence to the contrary, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Aidric wrote: »

Bit of a jump, some people like to remeber their deceased loved ones believe it or not. She may have posted pics of her mum frequently.

Pilligers posts are silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Our Year wrote: »
    Bit of a jump, some people like to remeber their deceased loved ones believe it or not. She may have posted pics of her mum frequently.

Pilligers posts are silly.

Do you mean pillagers? Regardless, I wasn't trying to be definitive and I don't know her twitter history. All I'm saying is that she may have been in a troubled state.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement