Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Bob Geldof presents as a lovely, open minded, free thinking person. He didn't deserve more crap. And he was unbelievably gorgeous in 1979 (when I was 2) in the 'Don't like Monday' video. My dad resembles him in a scarily similar way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Piliger wrote: »
    Why do you find it so necessary to be personally abusive ?

Hilarious saying this after you called someone you've never met before "a spoiled brat" and someone with "not talent"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Aidric wrote: »
    Not given to speculation but posting a pic of herself with her departed mother the day before she dies says a lot about where her head was. RIP.

I thought that when I first heard it but then I actually looked at her page and saw that on the same day she also posted numerous pictures of her dogs and videos of her sons. She was also posting pictures of her family, several a day. I'm inclined to think the picture of her mother was a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Bob Geldof presents as a lovely, open minded, free thinking person. He didn't deserve more crap. And he was unbelievably gorgeous in 1979 (when I was 2) in the 'Don't like Monday' video. My dad resembles him in a scarily similar way!

So you fancy ya dad?
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

But the Boomtown Rats are still crap, right?

I love these essentially ban- suicidal usernames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

I love these essentially ban- suicidal usernames.

hey sunglasses ron , are you RONNEL SUNGLASSES ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thimble

iguana wrote: »
    I thought that when I first heard it but then I actually looked at her page and saw that on the same day she also posted numerous pictures of her dogs and videos of her sons. She was also posting pictures of her family, several a day. I'm inclined to think the picture of her mother was a coincidence.
    Yes, she seems to have been someone who just liked family photos. And wasn't she meant to have been going through a boxful on the day of her death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    She really seemed devoted to those kids.
    Unless her phone was in peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

No Pants wrote: »
    Unless her phone was in peril.

Unecessary comment

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My partners mother died when she was very young,she found her dead on the kitchen floor,thirty odd years have passed but i know when things get very rough all she really wants is to be in her mothers arms

maybe this is what happened to Bobs girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

That was a lovely painting on the coffin.Really summed her up.Hard to believe when your time is upits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

yellow hen wrote: »
    Unecessary comment
    Fine, let the previous falsehood stand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Any cause of death yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭wiz569

jane82 wrote: »
    Any cause of death yet?

Waiting on toxicology report I believe

wiz569 wrote: »
    Waiting on toxicology report I believe

Either carbon monoxide poisoning or not the mother people seem to think she was so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭wiz569

Either carbon monoxide poisoning or not the mother people seem to think she was so.

Doubt its carbon monoxide poisoning as I believe one of the children was with or in the vicinity of her when she died,

tbh toxicology can also be inconclusive,it can bring back a report on levels of substances in the blood,which may be above recommended guidelines but still may not be absolute prove of cause of death

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

She was cremated wasn't she. So that means that the police have ruled out foul play anyway. Otherwise a cremation would have been prohibited.

Are you implying that suffering from mental illness/being depressed to the point of being suicidal makes someone a bad mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

She was cremated wasn't she. So that means that the police have ruled out foul play anyway. Otherwise a cremation would have been prohibited.

Are you implying that suffering from mental illness/being depressed to the point of being suicidal makes someone a bad mother?

jane82 seems terribly excited at the possibility of Peaches somehow getting a comeuppance from her own death, :confused:, but in practical terms mental illness/depression would not make it easy to be any kind of mother at all.

Im implying it makes them not a very good mother. Im not implying its their fault for this. Im implying somebody with no legs wouldnt be a great footballer.

Muise... wrote: »
    jane82 seems terribly excited at the possibility of Peaches somehow getting a comeuppance from her own death, :confused:, but in practical terms mental illness/depression would not make it easy to be any kind of mother at all.
    In honesty Im exited at the possibility that people may realise how many hours you spend on your outfit before pushing a buggy to the shop or how many wild outlandish ideas you have on parenting or how many baby photos you put on twitter has no reflection at all on your parenting skills.
    Im excited at the chance that this fixation with false perfect parenting may end and people may actually aspire to raiseing their kids rather than raiseing their image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I suspect medication may have been involved, which definitely doesn't make her a bad mother. She seemed to me to get a great deal of fulfilment out of motherhood, but that doesn't mean that she didn't suffer with depression or anxiety, and so needed medication. Not unlikely that she may have accidentally overdosed on something, like what happened with Heath Ledger.

I suspect medication may have been involved, which definitely doesn't make her a bad mother. She seemed to me to get a great deal of fulfilment out of motherhood, but that doesn't mean that she didn't suffer with depression or anxiety, and so needed medication. Not unlikely that she may have accidentally overdosed on something, like what happened with Heath Ledger.

I didn't mean "bad mother" as deliberately unkind, just that mental illness can make it hard to function normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

In honesty Im exited at the possibility that people may realise how many hours you spend on your outfit before pushing a buggy to the shop or how many wild outlandish ideas you have on parenting or how many baby photos you put on twitter has no reflection at all on your parenting skills.
    Im excited at the chance that this fixation with false perfect parenting may end and people may actually aspire to raiseing their kids rather than raiseing their image.

Peaches isn't all that different to a lot of normal parents in that regard. Many parents I know put their children's pics on Facebook or make an effort to look well before they go out. Its not a bad thing. Just as its not an indication that you are a great parent neither should it be used as a marker that you might not be 100% committed to your child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I didn't mean "bad mother" as deliberately unkind, just that mental illness can make it hard to function normally.

Yeah, I totally understand. If it does turn out that her death is related to mental illness, I don't think that's something that should be used as a way to brand her a bad mother or use it as a "I was right!", self-satisfaction moment, like some people seem intent on doing. That's actually in pretty bad taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

High profile deaths are necessary in the war against drugs. She fuelled criminal behavior through her illegal narcotic consumption and she, like Philip Seymour, lost their little game of Russian Roulette. I'm not anti-drugs but they are illegal and therefore unregulated so one takes their life, stupidly, into their hands by purchasing and consuming same.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

High profile deaths are necessary in the war against drugs. She fuelled criminal behavior through her illegal narcotic consumption and she, like Philip Seymour, lost their little game of Russian Roulette. I'm not anti-drugs but they are illegal and therefore unregulated so one takes their life, stupidly, into their hands by purchasing and consuming same.

Where are you getting the information from that she died from drugs?

She didn't die from drugs but she was a drug user.

Same source as his attitude, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,973 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She didn't die from drugs but she was a drug user.
    ex drug user as far as i know?

• Advertisement

ex drug user as far as i know?

Well, obviously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement