Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

She didn't die from drugs but she was a drug user.

So you're saying the odd cull doesn't do any harm among these pesky drug users? Thin 'em out, and get their attention, sort of thing? I've read some perfectly idiotic things on the Internet down through the aeons, but this is pretty bloody good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

jimgoose wrote: »
    So you're saying the odd cull doesn't do any harm among these pesky drug users? Thin 'em out, and get their attention, sort of thing? I've read some perfectly idiotic things on the Internet down through the aeons, but this is pretty bloody good! :D

As long as drugs are illegal, users are vermin to society. It's a fact one cannot logically refute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

As long as drugs are illegal, users are vermin to society. It's a fact one cannot logically refute.

I exceeded a speed limit in my car this morning. By your rationale, I am vermin and a belt of a piece of satellite debris would do me and society no harm either, eh? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

High profile deaths are necessary in the war against drugs. She fuelled criminal behavior through her illegal narcotic consumption and she, like Philip Seymour, lost their little game of Russian Roulette. I'm not anti-drugs but they are illegal and therefore unregulated so one takes their life, stupidly, into their hands by purchasing and consuming same.
    Where are you getting the information from that she died from drugs?

With all due respect to her. Your average 25 year old celebrity just doesnt suddenly die for no reason. If she had a natural heart defect (etc) am sure it would have made the news pretty early on.

her status as a celebrity & the showbiz scene. You can't blame anyone to think drugs were a cause. Even if it wasnt an OD... the damage by substance abuse.

But of course just opinion at this point. Am sure all will be revealed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Actually it's easily enough refuted. Legality makes little difference as far as users go. After all alcohol is legal and more end up in casualty of a weekend from drink, more families and lives are affected than are affected with illegal drugs. Nicotine is legal and apparently kills half its userbase. That's a far higher mortality rate than say MDMA or LSD, never mind pot. Are those who have a few pints or glasses of vino at the weekend "vermin"?

I think your "logic" needs reassessing. I would suggest setting definitions of "drugs", "Users" and "Vermin" for a start, then get back to us when your statements are more cogent.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

She didn't die from drugs but she was a drug user.
    So, because she used drugs she deserves to die?

I don't think logic is behind a post like this. Stony judgement and a lack of understanding or compassion maybe, but not logic.

The thing 'black-or-white' worlders don't get is that everyone else sees the shades of grey they miss, that's why they don't agree. Nothing to do with logic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ScumLord wrote: »
    So, because she used drugs she deserves to die?
    Apparently. If this "logic" was in play then cool, but he's just killed off a goodly chunk of the great artists in history. Never mind the great musicians, philosophers, writers and scientists that would be culled too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

With all due respect to her. Your average 25 year old celebrity just doesnt suddenly die for no reason. If she had a natural heart defect (etc) am sure it would have made the news pretty early on.

her status as a celebrity & the showbiz scene. You can't blame anyone to think drugs were a cause. Even if it wasnt an OD... the damage by substance abuse.

But of course just opinion at this point. Am sure all will be revealed.

My cousins daughter died aged 20 last year from a heart defect that nobody knew about.It took 6 months for the autopsy to come back and let us know what she died from.Is entirely possible its natural cause but until the resuls come back,nobody knows.

I do blame people for having default opinions. Just reacting to a story with a hand me down opinion based on no evidence is just dumb mob behaviour. I guess people just like getting riled up about things, they love any excuse to regurgitate their dogma.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

eviltwin wrote: »
    Peaches isn't all that different to a lot of normal parents in that regard. Many parents I know put their children's pics on Facebook or make an effort to look well before they go out. Its not a bad thing. Just as its not an indication that you are a great parent neither should it be used as a marker that you might not be 100% committed to your child.

no it doesnt make somebody a bad mother you are right. But it doesnt make somebody a good mother either.
    Look at the pages of "so sad to see her go, she was such a great mother".
    All people know of her mothering is her twitter pics and her half baked ideas of parenting she waxed lyrical about.
    Id say she was as good a mother as her mother was.
    Thats the problem here its a celeb society where you can lock the kids away on an xbox all day until its time to wheel them out for the paps and be a role model for thousands of pleb now magazine readers that think the most important part of their childs upbringing is how expensive their buggy is.

dubstarr wrote: »
    My cousins daughter died aged 20 last year from a heart defect that nobody knew about.It took 6 months for the autopsy to come back and let us know what she died from.Is entirely possible its natural cause but until the resuls come back,nobody knows.

The results are inconclusive awaiting toxicolgy. The autopsy has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

jane82 wrote: »
    no it doesnt make somebody a bad mother you are right. But it doesnt make somebody a good mother either.
    All people know of her mothering is her twitter pics and her half baked ideas of parenting she waxed lyrical about.
    Thats the problem here its a celeb society where you can lock the kids away on an xbox all day until its time to wheel them out for the paps and be a role model for thousands of pleb now magazine readers that think the most important part of their childs upbringing is how expensive their buggy is.

You didn't know her so I don't know why you feel you can comment on what type of mother she was. According to the people who knew her she was a good mother who loved her kids immensely and spent a lot of time with them. You are coming across as quite vindictive to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

How very assuming of you.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    You didn't know her so I don't know why you feel you can comment on what type of mother she was. According to the people who knew her she was a good mother who loved her kids immensely and spent a lot of time with them. You are coming across as quite vindictive to be honest

By the looks of things she died on purpose or through taking too many drugs whilst minding a toddler.
    Would she have loved spending time with her children if she had to be sober?
    One of her ideas on parenting was sleeping the kids in your bed and the husband in the spare room.

By the looks of things she died on purpose or through taking too many drugs whilst minding a toddler.
    Where are you getting this information from?

Inconclusive postmortum awaiting toxicology test results.
    It is rumoured/reported the younger child was with her.
    Friends and family got wind of something and police decided it was reasonable to break her door down less than 24 hours after her being alive and tweeting.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

One of her ideas on parenting was sleeping the kids in your bed and the husband in the spare room.
    She was an advocate of attachment parenting.

You are making huge assumptions there. What is your problem with this poor girl that you need to be so spiteful? What did she ever do to you?

A venomous mind, perhaps.

Oryx wrote: »
    She was an advocate of attachment parenting.

You are making huge assumptions there. What is your problem with this poor girl that you need to be so spiteful? What did she ever do to you?

Its not her its the whole famous for being a mother with a nice buggy and good hair movement I dont like.
    People eating up her strange parenting ideas because she was famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,973 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Its not her its the whole famous for being a mother with a nice buggy and good hair movement I dont like.
    the issue there is not peaches it's the stupid people

So it's just an assumption? You know nothing.
    I don't really know anything about the girl because I don't read tabloid newspapers. If you don't like celebrities stop reading about them.

By the looks of things? What things? The police found no drugs or drug paraphernalia and nothing to indicate suicide. You don't know what you are talking about. How would you know whether she was sober or not.

It's called attachment parenting, maybe you should read up on it. It's quite popular, not just something she made up. The husband slept in the spare room with one of the kids for a time because the other child was waking in the night and disturbing everyone. I don't know if you have kids but most parents will end up with a child in their bed at some point. It's not that weird.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think attachment parenting is unusual, but that doesn't incite me to post hateful comments about a girl just because she did it. The fact that you feel so strongly about someone because they were well known and because they had good hair (seriously?) says a hell of a lot more about you than about her.

You have inferred she looked after her kids while drunk. The only reason you feel at liberty to cast such random, unfounded aspersions is because this girl was part of the celebrity scene you claim to despise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

This is all horribly intrusive, people speculating about a dead girl who has bereaved family in Ireland who may well be reading all this spewing spite. Mods, can't you step in here?

It is rumoured/reported the younger child was with her.
    Friends and family got wind of something and police decided it was reasonable to break her door down less than 24 hours after her being alive and tweeting.

When I was home alone with my baby daughter while my husband had to travel for work I asked him and my mother to make sure they could get in touch with me every day. If they couldn't, I would hope they would call the police or come and check on me. I was worried about something happening to me and my daughter being left alone unable to fend for herself.

So the fact that he sent a friend, and later, the police to do a welfare check doesn't mean that he thought she was a danger to herself or that he 'got wind of something'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

This is all horribly intrusive, people speculating about a dead girl who has bereaved family in Ireland who may well be reading all this spewing spite. Mods, can't you step in here?
    Indeed. She was a very private person.

Are you psychic?

She didn't invent attachment parenting, they aren't 'her' strange ideas, just an ideology she espoused.

You really come across as gleefully judgemental over the death of a young mother, determined to cast her as a seedy, vacuous, superficial and worthless human being. She's dead, surely that's enough to satisfy the most spiteful mind without maligning her as well.

Your posts say a lot about you.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    By the looks of things? What things? The police found no drugs or drug paraphernalia and nothing to indicate suicide. You don't know what you are talking about. How would you know whether she was sober or not.

It's called attachment parenting, maybe you should read up on it. It's quite popular, not just something she made up. The husband slept in the spare room with one of the kids for a time because the other child was waking in the night and disturbing everyone. I don't know if you have kids but most parents will end up with a child in their bed at some point. It's not that weird.

No the husband went the spare room. She slept in the bed with the kids because if she was beside them they were less likely to suffer cot death apparantly. She went on to say she puts them to bed at 7 and heads off downstairs to her fella for intimate time.
    What about the cot death while you are downstairs till 12 you may ask?

The longer you let the kids sleep in your bed the harder it is to get them in their own bed. Thats the truth.
    Just because it has a name and is enforced by a celeb doesnt make it genius.
    The longer the husband is in the spare room the more chance there is of him getting abit jealous of the baby. (it does happen with some men).

Its a rediculous idea. The benefits of this are a less likely chance of cot death? How less likely?
    300 babies in all of uk die from cot death a year. Most sane organisations reccomend lieing the baby on the back in a cot or moses basket. They recommend not smoking during pregnancy or around the new born. Some causes of cot death are from accident (eg mother rolling on baby).
    At no point do these organisations reccomend all sleeping in the bed with a new born.
    Its a rediculous half baked hippie idea that gathers pace because somebody with a nice dress says its what they do.

"its called attachment parenting" its called giving bad advice and risking the health of babies.

• Advertisement

No the husband went the spare room. She slept in the bed with the kids because if she was beside them they were less likely to suffer cot death apparantly. She went on to say she puts them to bed at 7 and heads off downstairs to her fella for intimate time.
    What about the cot death while you are downstairs till 12 you may ask?

The longer you let the kids sleep in your bed the harder it is to get them in their own bed. Thats the truth.
    Just because it has a name and is enforced by a celeb doesnt make it genius.
    The longer the husband is in the spare room the more chance there is of him getting abit jealous of the baby. (it does happen with some men).

Its a rediculous idea. The benefits of this are a less likely chance of cot death? How less likely?
    300 babies in all of uk die from cot death a year. Most sane organisations reccomend lieing the baby on the back in a cot or moses basket. They recommend not smoking during pregnancy or around the new born. Some causes of cot death are from accident (eg mother rolling on baby).
    At no point do these organisations reccomend all sleeping in the bed with a new born.
    Its a rediculous half baked hippie idea that gathers pace because somebody with a nice dress says its what they do.

"its called attachment parenting" its called giving bad advice and risking the health of babies.

By god you're right, regardless of the studies that say you're wrong. She deserved to die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement