Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Very sad. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

She's not that much older than me and a couple of kids to boot, really sad situation, I really hope history hasn't repeated itself here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Very sad to hear this news. The Geldofs have had more than their share of tragedy. 2 little children have lost a devoted mother, very sad. May she RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Jesus. That family is cursed. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That's terrible news. Far too much tragedy for one family. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

That's so sad. R.I.P. My heart goes out to her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I'd be very surprised if this was suicide or drugs. She seemed to live for her husband and two small ones. As soon as she became a mom she seemed to turn her life around. She was looking very thin lately in photos, more so than usual.
    Poor Peaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Very sad to hear,always thought her name suited her,very beautiful looking lady RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm so sad for her boys and her family.
    She seemed to be so fun loving and I'm sure she will be sadly missed.

I never watch sky news but I turned it in when I saw this news online.
    Remembered why I don't watch it when I heard the presenter ask qts referring to her party living ways. Ffs
    Tbf celeb news guy was really trying to put forward that she was a good mother .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,958 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Porr girl, thoughts to her family.

I'm in tears listening to Bob's statement being read out

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm so sad for her boys and her family.
    She seemed to be so fun loving and I'm sure she will be sadly missed.

I never watch sky news but I turned it in when I saw this news online.
    Remembered why I don't watch it when I heard the presenter ask qts referring to her party living ways. Ffs
    Tbf celeb news guy was really trying to put forward that she was a good mother .

What we need now is for Kay Burley to come on and emote heavily while also managing to be patronising and smarmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Very sad news.

Here's a clip of the late Peaches Geldof on This Morning debating with Katie Hopkins.

I thought she came across very well, and it's worth a look in case anyone assumes that being from a showbiz family automatically makes her some sort of irresponsible hedonist.

Have a look at it if you have time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Heartbreaking to hear that news- especially heartbreaking considering all the Geldof family have been through to date. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Same age as her, sorry to hear this. She seemed troubled a lot of the time (though not as obviously as others in the celeb world, so people called her more annoying than troubled). She seemed to be getting her act together more in recent years, especially after having children. Bob Geldof has had his fair share of tragedy RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Kinda ironic, I was just reading the Kurt Cobain thread.

Such a tragedy when childern lose there parents so young. As strange as it may seem, I hope it was natural for the sake of her family and friends :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Awful to think her poor babies will grow up without a mother just as grew up without hers.

She was much too young, she had so much going for her. A fantastic mother with very informed and educated opinions on parenting.

So sad, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Just heard the statement from Bob there on RTE, terribly sad for the family.

Bob Geldof's statement is pretty heart moving.
    Peaches has died. We are beyond pain. She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us. Writing 'was' destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is. Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken. Bob, Jeanne, Fifi, Pixie and Tiger Geldof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Butterface wrote: »
    Just heard the statement from Bob there on RTE, terribly sad for the family.

Wasn't it a beautiful tribute to her? I'm not a big fan of Sir Bob but really feel for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Another terrible tragedy for this poor family. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

What a tragedy. Beautiful young mother, and talented I've no doubt. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

So sad. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Very sad news.

Here's a clip of the late Peaches Geldof on This Morning debating with Katie Hopkins.

I thought she came across very well, and it's worth a look in case anyone assumes that being from a showbiz family automatically makes her some sort of irresponsible hedonist.

She seemed to take to motherhood very well. Her sons' birthdays are later this month too, I think. Pretty sure they're April babies. I think one of them may have been even born the same day as her mother. :(

I don't want to think it's suicide. That would be terribly tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

The speculator was right; heroin overdose.
    Peaches Geldof is dead at the age of 25. Police were called to her house in Wrotham, Kent, at 1.35pm today. The mother-of-two, daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, last tweeted at 10.17am yesterday with a photograph of her and her late mother. Miss Geldof - a one-time model and journalist - (pictured left with her son Astala Dylan Willow, and centre) was married to Thomas Cohen, lead singer of the South East London band S.C.U.M. The couple have two children, Astala Dylan Willow, and Phaedra Bloom Forever, born 24 April 2013, which would have been the 54th birthday of Miss Geldof's mother. Paula Yates was found dead at her home in west London in September 2000. She died of a heroin overdose.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599052/BREAKING-NEWS-Peaches-Geldof-dead-BBC-reports.html

**Apologies, the heroin death was her mother's, I mis-read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So sad, such a beautiful girl dying at such a young age, absolutely tragic RIP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Shocking RIP

Unverified of course but one news source (mentioned but not named on Facebook) has suggested her death was caused by an aneurism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Shocking news RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

It really is heartbreaking.
    How much can one family endure?
    I really hope they find the strength to get through another very sad chapter in their families lives.
    Rip to the poor girl and condolences to her family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Amazingfun wrote: »

Nothing in that link mentions it was a suspected heroin overdose...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Awful news.....her poor little boys!:(

I think you'll find that was in relation to her mother, Paula Yates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

The cause of death hasn't been confirmed yet.

There's speculation of drug use, but no one knows yet. The mention of an overdose is re: her mother. It's probably a weird thing to say, but I hope it wasn't an overdose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Where does it say that?
    I see no mention of it in that article(and its a rag to boot)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Shocked... gutted for her family..

She always struck me as a good Mother, despite the press trying to tear her down at every opportunity!!

RIP Peaches :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Paula Yates died of a heroin overdose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

in her DNA i suppose, what with her mother and all that

RIP

BANNED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

No, that article refers to Paula Yates death from an overdose.

• Advertisement

The excerpt you quoted concerns Paula Yeats' death from a heroin overdose, and nothing in the Daily Fail link refers to a heroin overdose in relation to Peaches' death.

Nemeses wrote: »
    Nothing in that link mentions it was a suspected heroin overdose...

The front page does:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

***Apologies....you are right, I mis-read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rest In Peace. May her Husband, sons, Father and sisters find some shread of comfort in the good wishes and prayers of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That quote is about her mother, you eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The cause of death hasn't been confirmed yet.

There's speculation of drug use, but no one knows yet. The mention of an overdose is re: her mother. It's probably a weird thing to say, but I hope it wasn't an overdose.

I really hope it was natural causes. Bob Geldof's mother died suddenly of a brain haemorrhage at aged 41. For the sake of all involved, I hope it was not suicide or drug related.

Her poor family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

calm down ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

I do recall that picture she tweeted with her baby in the bath with the "Ghost Hand" just before Christmas.

Eerie.

Oh get over it, I am sure you've never made a mistake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Very sad news.

Have a look at it if you have time.

She really does come across as a caring intelligent lovely girl on that, in stark contrast to the wagon that was on with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

Too young. RIP

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement