Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

jane82 wrote: »
    No the husband went the spare room. She slept in the bed with the kids because if she was beside them they were less likely to suffer cot death apparantly. She went on to say she puts them to bed at 7 and heads off downstairs to her fella for intimate time.
    What about the cot death while you are downstairs till 12 you may ask?

The longer you let the kids sleep in your bed the harder it is to get them in their own bed. Thats the truth.
    Just because it has a name and is enforced by a celeb doesnt make it genius.
    The longer the husband is in the spare room the more chance there is of him getting abit jealous of the baby. (it does happen with some men).

Its a rediculous idea. The benefits of this are a less likely chance of cot death? How less likely?
    300 babies in all of uk die from cot death a year. Most sane organisations reccomend lieing the baby on the back in a cot or moses basket. They recommend not smoking during pregnancy or around the new born. Some causes of cot death are from accident (eg mother rolling on baby).
    At no point do these organisations reccomend all sleeping in the bed with a new born.
    Its a rediculous half baked hippie idea that gathers pace because somebody with a nice dress says its what they do.

"its called attachment parenting" its called giving bad advice and risking the health of babies.

I had heard of attachment parenting before I heard that Peaches Geldof practiced it. She is not responsible for it. I don't think anyone would choose their parenting style based on what someone in a nice dress says. And there is evidence to suggest that safe co sleeping does reduce the risk of SIDS but that's not what this thread is about. If you did some research before posting your rantings then you would know this.

You just seem to have a lot of bitterness towards this woman. It's not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No the husband went the spare room. She slept in the bed with the kids because if she was beside them they were less likely to suffer cot death apparantly. She went on to say she puts them to bed at 7 and heads off downstairs to her fella for intimate time.

The longer you let the kids sleep in your bed the harder it is to get them in their own bed. Thats the truth.
    The longer the husband is in the spare room the more chance there is of him getting abit jealous of the baby. (it does happen with some men).

Its a rediculous idea. The benefits of this are a less likely chance of cot death? How less likely?
    300 babies in all of uk die from cot death a year. Most sane organisations reccomend lieing the baby on the back in a cot or moses basket. They recommend not smoking during pregnancy or around the new born. Some causes of cot death are from accident (eg mother rolling on baby).
    At no point do these organisations reccomend all sleeping in the bed with a new born.
    Its a rediculous half baked hippie idea that gathers pace because somebody with a nice dress says its what they do.

"its called attachment parenting" its called giving bad advice and risking the health of babies.
    Maybe you need to put down the celebrity gossip mags for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Candie wrote: »
    By god you're right, regardless of the studies that say you're wrong. She deserved to die.
    At what point do I say she deserved to die?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh so this is why you hate her, not the hair after all!

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh so this is why you hate her, not the hair after all!

Again I dont hate her.
    I dislike the great mother image she was given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

Hahahaha... it's the way that for centuries babies were raised and still are in most parts of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Again I dont hate her.

I can think of far worse examples of bad parenting than a woman who believes in attachment parenting. At least she gave a **** about her children. Why don't you go and direct your vitriol at someone who might actually deserve it? As is, this seems like a spectscular waste of time on your part.

Hahahaha... it's the way that for centuries babies were raised and still are in most parts of the world.

How are infant death rates in most part of the world?
    How have infant death rates changed in the last few hundred years.
    Haha yourself.

I can think of far worse examples of bad parenting than a woman who believes in attachment parenting. At least she gave a **** about her children. Why don't you go and direct your vitriol at someone who might actually deserve it? As is, this seems like a spectscular waste of time on your part.

Again Im not saying she is a bad one yet. There is no proof saying she is a good one. But there is no end to the news of how great a mother she was.

Haha yourself.

And vaccinations and better healthcare have nothing to do with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Again I dont hate her.

I don't think she was given a "great mother" image. People said that about her because they wanted to say nice things after the death of a woman too young to have made a name for herself for anything other than her parents and her children. And it's probably true that she was a good mother; most mothers are.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Again I dont hate her.
    But you accuse her not of being a bad mother, but of being a drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Haha yourself.

The SIDS rates are much lower in countries where co sleeping is the norm

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Except of course pretty much all the scientific evidence categorically disagrees with all of your points. But don't let that get in the way of a good old bile spewing.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

Haha yourself.

You should do a bit of reading around the the subject.

The last time I made a remark about a poster like you I ended up with an infraction so I won't be doing that this time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Jane82 you should be absolutley ashamed of yourself.The vitriol and vile assumptions you have made of a young mother sadly no longer with her children.I have no idea what sort of parent she was [neither do you]but to slag her off and cal her a junkie without knowing all the facts is disgusting.
    Seriously hang your head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

By the looks of things she died on purpose or through taking too many drugs whilst minding a toddler.
    Would she have loved spending time with her children if she had to be sober?

What horrible sh1te. Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Its not her its the whole famous for being a mother with a nice buggy and good hair movement I dont like.
    People eating up her strange parenting ideas because she was famous.

It is like you have intimate knowledge of her as a person and a parent, you don't! Your probably just a fat person in a tracksuit that studies brain dead celeb mags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Better off ignoring jane tbh. He's just getting a hard on over her death. Sick little person.

* "Research not conclusive:" There is no conclusive body of research that shows this approach to be superior to "mainstream parenting".[17]

* "Discipline:" It is indeed possible to use discipline strategies that are sensitive [18]
    and, therefore, one should not equate discipline and insensitive caregiving.
    * "Concerns over co-sleeping:" The American Academy of Pediatrics' policy on SIDS
    prevention opposes bed-sharing with infants, although room-sharing is encouraged.[19]
     The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
     also warns against co-sleeping.[20]
     Attachment Parenting International issued a response which stated that the data referenced in the Consumer Product Safety Commission statement were unreliable, and that co-sponsors of the campaign had created a conflict of interest.[21]

Some attachment parenting criticisms.
    Im going to head out of this thread now. Id appreciate not getting 5 pages of abuse when I do head out its not easy staying away then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Some attachment parenting criticisms.
    Im going to head out of this thread now. Id appreciate not getting 5 pages of abuse when I do head out its not easy staying away then.

Cheerio now. Hope the door doesn't smack you on the ass on your way out

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I imagine Peaches would have also appreciated that too.

Mod

Jane82, your posts are regularly filled with inflammatory vitriol. You've been warned before, this is the last warning you will receive. Keep your nasty posts out of this forum.

Do not post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Please, please close this thread, which will be deeply upsetting to the Geldofs' Irish relatives if they read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Muise... wrote: »
    jane82 seems terribly excited at the possibility of Peaches somehow getting a comeuppance from her own death, :confused:, but in practical terms mental illness/depression would not make it easy to be any kind of mother at all.

As someone who has suffered from severe depression, I have to agree. I don't have children but I know that if I did, my ability to look after them would be severely compromised if I had them when I was in the worst depressed state I have experienced. I mean, I didn't even care about my personal hygiene at my absolute worst. The practical everyday baby/child stuff would have been neglected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As someone who has suffered from severe depression, I have to agree. I don't have children but I know that if I did, my ability to look after them would be severely compromised if I had them when I was in the worst depressed state I have experienced. I mean, I didn't even care about my personal hygiene at my absolute worst. The practical everyday baby/child stuff would have been neglected.
    That doesn't make you a bad mother. A good mother is a good mother even if they get sick and can't attend to their children.

To use another football analogy, a good player doesn't become a bad player just because they get injured.

You have good maternal instincts. Your post puts the welfare of children above all else.

I hope all works out for you one day x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Plenty of women get depression and it doesn't make them bad mothers. I had pretty bad postnatal depression and it didn't affect my ability to love or care for my children.

Many women are terrified of seeking help for their depression because of this attitude that depression equals an inability to parent properly and they don't want to take the risk of their children being taken from them because they're 'mentally incapable'.
    The message really needs to be heard that having depression is something many mothers go through and it doesn't make them bad mothers. Public health nurses know to look for it and ask about it routinely now. I'd hate for mothers going through this to be reading this thread and coming away with the notion that depression makes them bad parents! It doesn't.

Besides, it's kind of a moot point, as Peaches Geldof, as far as we know, wasn't suffering from depression at all. Her cause of death still hasn't been determined, so before people jump on the 'Ah, she must be her mother's daughter' bandwagon, it might be best just to wait and see how she actually died first.

That doesn't make you a bad mother. A good mother is a good mother even if they get sick and can't attend to their children.

To use another football analogy, a good player doesn't become a bad player just because they get injured.

But the footballer has to suspend duties for a while. So, you're not a bad mother, no, but the problem is that kids don't stop, they can't wait while you recover, unfortunately. Not to mention that children are far more perceptive than people give them credit for and will likely pick up on your low mood. This isn't the depressed person's fault but it's a problem all the same.

At my worst, I would have really struggled to care for children and that is the reality, for me at least.

• Advertisement

With the whole drugs thing, have people learned nothing from Stephen Gately's death? When he died, of course there was the usual murmuring about drugs, not to mention a certain hateful article written by a UK journalist, but it wasn't drugs, it was a heart condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement