Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Her poor little babies and family, it is just awful, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Very sad.

Seemed like a nice girl ( on tv and twitter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Amazingfun wrote: »
    The front page does:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

***Apologies....you are right, I mis-read it.

No doubt every rag will be throwing in points like that in order to get the rumour mill running. Honestly, when I glanced the article first, I read it the same way as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Rest in peace, peaches. A beautiful strong woman, and a devoted mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I wouldn't have been a great fan of her to be honest but sad to hear she has died as she lives two children behind. I remember hearing about her mother dying and remembered her being on the Big Breakfast? I was just growing up but was sad at the time. Poor kids, I wouldn't wish it on anyone so young to lose a parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Jesus her poor Dad, that doesn't seem right at all.

Always found Peaches a likeable character.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Just shows you how fragile life can be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RIP.

Did not know whole pile about her, bar, seeing her on Late Late and her known Dad.

Seemed like very intelligent woman though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

A bit morbid perhaps, but I was just going through her Instagram photos. Someday, when her kids are older, at least they'll have all the photos she took of their lives together--perhaps it might one day offer a tiny comfort.

My own mother passed away when I was very young and I've always valued photos and that kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

It's being described as a 'sudden and unexplained death'.
    RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

R.I.P. My heart goes out to them. That extended family been visited by tragedy far more times than their fair share :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

So very sad. And this leave those two babies without a mother. I saw her appearance on the Sport Relief a few weeks ago with her lovely dog. I've read and enjoyed few of her articles in the Guardian, and she always seemed to be very smart, and very switched on

After a few shaky years, she seemed to be getting it together. Mind you - I saw a picture of her last week on the 'net and she looked ill. Very thin with big sad eyes, and I wondered if all was right with her then.

RIP Peaches. Condolences to her husband, sons and family. What a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The kids I feel the most for very very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As a father of 3 girls I can't even begin to understand the pain Bob must be suffering now. God love him and the extended family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

very sad news, her poor kids :( RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Augmerson wrote: »
    I wouldn't have been a great fan of her to be honest.

Yeah, and that is relevant. :rolleyes:

RIP. Terribly tragic story. Just goes to show how grateful we all should be for life. I suppose we are all guilty of just taking it for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hotamatua

First up-toxicology tests to see if it was the spark plugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

fryup wrote: »
    in her DNA i suppose, what with her mother and all that

RIP

Eh having drug problems is

pog it wrote: »
    It's being described as a 'sudden and unexplained death'.
    RIP.

That's because she only died a few hours ago suddenly and it is therefore unexplained.

I don't get why people always seem to look for something bad in sad stories like this.

Sadly sometimes young people die through sudden health issues such as brain haemorrhage , aneurism, heart attack, fall etc.

hotamatua wrote: »

What crap are you spouting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Jesus some of the posts from some people in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Too young.
    Was sorry to hear this.

But jaysus, the thin skinned touchies are out in force on this thread......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sad news, RIP, thoughts with the family.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

hotamatua wrote: »

There really is no need for speculation at this stage about drugs it's bad taste, there is Sudden Adult Death Syndrome that kills young people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It doesn't make a difference what she died of, it's sad shit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I hope it was natural causes the poor pet and her poor little kids:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Awful news, seemed like a lovely women and devoted mother.

Rest in Peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭murria

Very sad news. How poignant that her final Tweet was a photo of her and her mum. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Fairly shocked finding that out.
    I remember the last time I saw her in an interview I thought she seemed a lot happier with life.
    Awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

mikom wrote: »
    Too young.
    Was sorry to hear this.

But jaysus, the thin skinned touchies are out in force on this thread......

Did you have any particular posts in mind? There doesn't seem to be much Dianafication on this thread IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Is it just my own thinking or are some people born to live a life of despair and utter heartbreak? Now his daughter ****inll hell.

RIP poor girl.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Was she home alone? Were the kids with her? That scares me sometimes having a heart attack or something and the kids stuck there until the other half arrived in from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Sky news are pure filth..within 15 mins of the news breaking they had some lowlife sun " journo" who only " knew her through work" saying how troubled she was and how she loved to party...complete sensationalism and only interested in pedling their agenda instead of the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

My sister is that age. No snide remarks folks

What does people's brothers and sisters age have to do with anything ? I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Specialun wrote: »
    Sky news are pure filth..within 15 mins of the news breaking they had some lowlife sun " journo" who only " knew her through work" saying how troubled she was and how she loved to party...complete sensationalism and only interested in pedling their agenda instead of the truth

They're reading out other peoples tweets now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

aaah no, the poor kid. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My sister is that age. No snide remarks folks. A bit of respect here. She may be a celebrity but have some respect for Bob, or her sister or brother who very well may be reading this.

They're not going to be reading this! But either way the bottom line is that a beautiful 25 year old woman with two young kids has died suddenly. No snide remarks and a bit of respect should be the least we can expect.

Take the celebrity thing out and it's still a reminder to make the most of things as we only get one go around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Specialun wrote: »
    Well the opposite is happening here in fairness. A few instagram pics and everybody knows how much of a brilliant mother she was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No surprise to see some of tasteless remarks in here. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.

Terrible tragedy, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Such sad news. I wouldn't even believe it at first when my sister told me about it. Far too young, and those poor children. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

RIP

What a horrible thing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My sister is that age. No snide remarks folks. A bit of respect here. She may be a celebrity but have some respect for Bob, or her sister or brother who very well may be reading this.

I'm sure they logged on to boards as soon as they heard the news.

This is about the most respectful RIP thread I've ever seen on here. I don't see why you feel you need to tell people to be respectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

R.I.P to a young mother of 2. My heart goes out all affected.

Some people would be best served remembering this rather than bickering over utterly ridiculous things 'speculation' or 'Dianaification'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

This is unbelievable :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jane82 wrote: »
    Well the opposite is happening here in fairness. A few instagram pics and everybody knows how much of a brilliant mother she was.

Always the same............ either feast or famine............ hang em high or put them on a pedestal.

The dregs on boards come out for these things.

Very sad story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Black cat black kitten

BANNED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Really don't know why people watch Sky News it's all filth over that side of the sea one half of the media trying to say she was a junkie the other saying shes the best mum in the world.

The media over there is pure and utter filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Black cat black kitten

I'd laugh at this if it wasn't tragic news.

How would you feel if you found out it was SADS or similar??

Indifferent I'd imagine, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

RIP

This post ranks as one of the most poorly thought-out, despicable pieces of bile I have ever seen on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How awful for her family they really have suffered an awful lot of tragedy in their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement