Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradey App

Options
  • 07-04-2014 8:05pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts on this lads?
    http://www.gettradey.com/
    If its going to be as good as Hailo (as they claim) it could be good for business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have it since 5th of June. Still waiting on my first enquiry. In fairness it'll take a while to get up and running.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is still in testing as far as I know. Haven't seen any of the marketing for it yet, so I wouldn't be expecting anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 broke

When is it going to be up and running.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A bit disappointed in this. I have the beta test version but have not heard anything since on it and have yet to hear all the publicity and launch advertising that was promised.

KoolKid wrote: »
    A bit disappointed in this. I have the beta test version but have not heard anything since on it and have yet to hear all the publicity and launch advertising that was promised.

There has been a little advertising but not much. The beta version has been replaced with the full version & it's available on Apple now too. I have it on 24/7 and not a single job. The app is also quite heavy on the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tradey

Hi there,

I'll give an update to the above posts. The iPhone app is not yet released and is not on the App store, it will be submitted to apple for review this week and that can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks, unlike Android which is 24 hours. This has taken a month longer than expected unfortunately and our main marketing campaign will start when both platforms are released as it is uneconomical to do other wise.

There are jobs going through on the App now but it will take time for everyone to get jobs as word gets around especially over the next 4 months. Regarding battery usage we have tested this several times over several days, on several devices and it has no effect on battery. It will have an effect if you are in a poor reception area however and you have data on. If you feel its using too much I would advise turning it on only when you are available.

Apologies for the delay guys, this happens in software development but because of feedback we have had there are new features being added to the iPhone and in turn the Android app on the next update, due for release towards the end of September.

A big flaw in the Tradey app is once you sign in as a tradesman there is no way to search for tradesmen. In other words the app will let you be a tradesman but not a homeowner or you can be a homeowner but not a tradesman. As for battery drain I have a galaxy S4 & my wife a Galaxy s3 & its heavy on the battery. You can go into settings of the phone to find out what is eating the battery.

I still think its a good idea & wish them every success with it. :)

Hi Sleeper. Thanks for the feedback. There is a very good reason why a homeowner cant be a tradesman and vice versa and there are 2 separate logins to the app. Essentially it is 2 different apps with different functionality. We cannot allow anyone sign up and login as a tradesman because we need to vet and check their qualifications first and then issue them login details. Otherwise it would be a free for all and anyone could be a tradesman on the app if they wanted.

It is also not true to say the app will let you you be a tradesman and not a homeowner. You can easily sign up as a homeowner(this will no longer be needed in the next update) and you can search for all the tradesmen you want. It will take you less than 30 seconds to do so. We will also be incorporating the map into the tradesman app in the next update and it will be in the iPhone app. Tradesmen were part of the process before development started and we concluded that tradesmen don't search for tradesman anywhere near as much as a homeowner(if at all) and if they really needed to they can just login as a homeowner. If a tradesmen needs a tradesman they always have several guys they know to call and would not need to use Tradey to find one!

Again about the battery, out of all the guys on it there has been 2 issues. One he figured out he was in a bad area of reception and the other was using GPS. If you have Tradey on 24/7 along with other apps running 24/7 of course its going to use some battery. We can change the location updates within the app and if there are enough people with issues we will change it, but as I said it has been rigorously tested. Try turning off other apps you don't use and make sure your GPS is not running as it is not required for this app.

I find that very strange as well. A tradesman using this for work is more likely to use it as an end user also.
    Have not noticed any issues with battery usage.

My point exactly. You have to log out of your tradesmen account & log in as a homeowner.
    Seems like it could have been made simpler than that.

• Advertisement

I find that very strange as well. A tradesman using this for work is more likely to use it as an end user also.
    Have not noticed any issues with battery usage.

I find this part of the app a poor design but as Tradey pointed out that I was mistaken & this is still the Beta version. I'm sure they'll sort this flaw out in time.
    As a tradesman, I don't know a tradesman in every trade so I would like to use it to find tradesmen but signing out & then back in again would melt my head. My phone is supposed to be Smart.
    Again though I have to say the idea is great & I'm looking forward to getting some work from it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I had a look at it, not bad, used in in the UK last week too, not fully sure of the model though, its up against google IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

All I got was:

Not compatable with my Samsung Galaxy Mini phone !!!!

Got the new update today & have to say I am impressed. As a tradesman I can now see other tradesmen & can contact them if needed. Thanks for listening. If you guys can sort out the battery issue I'll be able to use the app as a tradesman. At the moment I need to keep my battery for talking to clients.

A big thumbs up. Hugh improvement on this update.
    :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Not compatible on my phone either, will i have to buy an iphone 6? :)

Working fine on my Galaxy S5.
    Nice update to be able to view trades etc.

Working fine on my Galaxy S5.
    Nice update to be able to view trades etc.

I have now tried it on an s2,s3 & my own s4 (with a brand new genuine Samsung battery & it sucks the life out of them. Apart from that the update is a Hugh improvement.

You may have something else affecting it. I have had it running on S4 previously as well.

You may have something else affecting it. I have had it running on S4 previously as well.

As soon as I turn it on, On my S4 the battery drains close to twice the normal speed. It uses as much battery as Google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

I still haven't seen this advertised anywhere

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    As soon as I turn it on, On my S4 the battery drains close to twice the normal speed. It uses as much battery as Google maps.

Hi Sleeper, 95% of the guys on the app leave it turned on 24/7 and they have no issues at all. As said previously its been tested rigorously for battery usage and and has been again recently (with an S4) and there are no issues.

You must have your GPS turned on. In Android KitKat 4.4 go to location settings and use the battery saving mode. They have changed the set up on the version of Android so High accuracy now makes your GPS turn on. The only other thing it could be is you are in a poor location for data or wifi signal is weak as this will eat up battery.

We can change the settings on our side but no else has complained and the only other issue someone had ended up having the GPS turned on. Please check your settings.

The app is being advertised and will be ramped up (now that the iPhone is released) into Christmas and again in January. If you haven't receive any jobs a tip would be to upload a good photo shot of your face to your profile as most homeowners choose these profiles for jobs.

Tradey wrote: »
    Hi Sleeper, 95% of the guys on the app leave it turned on 24/7 and they have no issues at all. As said previously its been tested rigorously for battery usage and and has been again recently (with an S4) and there are no issues.

You must have your GPS turned on. In Android KitKat 4.4 go to location settings and use the battery saving mode. They have changed the set up on the version of Android so High accuracy now makes your GPS turn on. The only other thing it could be is you are in a poor location for data or wifi signal is weak as this will eat up battery.

We can change the settings on our side but no else has complained and the only other issue someone had ended up having the GPS turned on. Please check your settings.

The app is being advertised and will be ramped up (now that the iPhone is released) into Christmas and again in January. If you haven't receive any jobs a tip would be to upload a good photo shot of your face to your profile as most homeowners choose these profiles for jobs.

You are missing the point. I need the GPS on for other apps. These other apps don't drain my battery like the tradey app.

Is there a way to turn off GPS just for the tradey app & still leave it on for my other apps?

I got my first enquiry yesterday! Unfortunately it was for something I don't do. :(

I have stopped leaving this running. I have got noting from it and it is getting no publicity or promotion.

I have stopped leaving this running. I have got noting from it and it is getting no publicity or promotion.

To be honest I feel the same as you but it is still a new idea. I'll leave it awhile longer . Give them a chance to get fully up & running

soirish wrote:
    On the phone you can also get free offline navigation with HERE app

Has anybody gotten any work from this app?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten any work from this app?

Not a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 broke

Is this app still working I was on it but no joy I thought it was gone

Still on the play store. Showing between 5k-10k downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

This is dead in the water, trying to make a race horse out of a donkey will always be a fail.

Advertisement