Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the most shocking moment in WWE/F or WCW history?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

discodance.gif

Hogan turning heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Something I read about Wrestlemania 17 was that because the venue was so large the crowd didn't really pick up on the heel turn. Obviously they could've seen Austin and McMahon shaking hamds and being pals after but they didn't have Jim Ross' commentary to spell it out.

I didn't think the Wyatt vs Cena match worked at WM XXX for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Something I read about Wrestlemania 17 was that because the venue was so large the crowd didn't really pick up on the heel turn. Obviously they could've seen Austin and McMahon shaking hamds and being pals after but they didn't have Jim Ross' commentary to spell it out.

I didn't think the Wyatt vs Cena match worked at WM XXX for this reason.

It bombed because nobody wanted Austin to turn and that's without mentioning the fact that they tried it in Texas. Would be like trying to turn CM Punk in Chicago. It would bomb.

They couldn't have picked a worse time or location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Well yeah that too obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Do all of ye know this piece of news already? That Brock wasn't meant to beat Taker at WM30,he went against the script.

http://huzlers.com/undertaker-losing-wrestlemania-30-mistake-says-wwe-owner-vince-mcmahon-brock-lesnar-changed-script-will-fired/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No. Just no.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Aiel wrote: »
    Do all of ye know this piece of news already? That Brock wasn't meant to beat Taker at WM30,he went against the script.

http://huzlers.com/undertaker-losing-wrestlemania-30-mistake-says-wwe-owner-vince-mcmahon-brock-lesnar-changed-script-will-fired/

loss_for_words.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cool gif bro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Useless thread bump. Please refrain from doing it in the future, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well, it wasn't completely useless, as I have now discovered it and I enjoyed reading all the posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I voted for taker losing the streak as I've always been a hugh undertaker fan and the streak was legendary. I rewatched the match as WM XXX today and the crowd reaction was as genuine a reaction as I can remember. There was the initial shock and then a few seconds after the crowd reacts again as the moment is sinking in.

It was brilliantly done as no one say it coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The streak ending did surprise me, but it didnt shock me because if anybody was going to end it, Lesnar a former ufc champion, it had to be him.

My shocking moment, goes to Jake Roberts and the Macho Man, when the snake bit Savage, now as a kid at the time, that was shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Bossman being hung freaks me out still. Went on way too long and was genuinely shocking to watch.

Advertisement