Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Badminton

• 07-04-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey everyone,

Looking for help on Badminton! I haven't played it since secondary school and I had a keen interest in it then and always have, but just never followed up on it.

So now I am! I live in Dublin, west Dublin to be precise but I dont mind travelling a bit out of the way for practice but not too far down south Dublin.

Just looking to see if anyone knows of any clubs in west dublin, good for newbies with decent training/coaching available for a decent membership price.

Any help is appreciated :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Most clubs will be finishing up for summer soon. Your best bet is probably to look for summer clubs. There are also back to badminton style courses run in whitehall road in terenure. They will also have signs up for summer clubs and clubs looking for new players. Also check out leinster badminton for a list of clubs and they often have summer clubs advertised on their facebook page. Some clubs will take everyone and some only certain standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Hi. :)

I did the white and yellow teicnic course in Terenure Badminton club, both were very good as I was a complete beginner. I am also trying to find a summer club but the only one I can seem to find is in Sportsco in Ringsend which is out of the way for me. Also west southside, I'll let you know if I find one in the interim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

There'll defo be a few summer clubs starting soon for anyone interested. Keep an eye on www.leinsterbadminton.com and follow them on Facebook. There are always a few summer clubs in Whitehall Road / Terenure Badminton Centre (SW Dublin) and other clubs out that way like Old Bawn (Tallaght) or Caislean Nua (Clondalkin) will probably have summer clubs - maybe check with them on Facebook too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

There was talk of whitehall road closing for summer to renovate the hall. I'm not sure if this is still going ahead but it may limit summer clubs. If just wanting to play socially you could see if there was interest in a southside badminton meetup. I know there's one that meets regularly in baldoyle

Advertisement