Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alcohol treatment in patient

Options
  • 07-04-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. I have been suffering for some time for alcohol and depression. My healthcare provider has suggested an in patient 28 day programme in Dublin. Could anyone that's been through saint pats or john of Gods tell me about it. Like what are the living arrangements, can you bring phone laptop etc. I would really appreciate appreciate any 1st hand feedback

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I can't answer your question specifically, but I wish you well in your quest.

You might get some useful info in the Non Drinkers Forum also, few people in recovery over there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1015

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi OP,

good suggestion by xzanti above - I'm going to move your thread to the Non Drinkers Forum, as I think you will have a better chance of getting feedback there from people who have been in the same situation.

Regards,
    Mike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭kinklee7

I have been in St Pats for Alcohol Treatment. You are treated as a client not a prisoner. You can have your phone and laptop, You have your own room. The food is excellent.
    Group and personal therapy can be emotional sometimes as they try to uncover the root of your problem and they encourage some close family involvement. I would have no hesitation in recommending it but requires a real commitment from you to change.
    At circa 800 per day to your health insurer, you are made feel very welcome and treated with the upmost respect. I have no knowledge of John of God and would avoid the Rutland centre as It is very confrontational (The Minnasota Method )
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meistereck

That's great
    Anyone else any info or help?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

I did the Rutland Centre and I found it amazing - the single best decision I have ever made.

No phone and no laptop but that is because recovery is the only priority while you are in there. The food was good and it is just a big house so you don't feel like you are in a hospital - because you are not.

I founf my depression was as a reult of my addiction. Once I started my 12 step programme, I was no longer depressed.

I had admitted my addiction and I wan't to find a new way of coping with life that no longer involved alcohol. I needed to get the hell away from the world and focus on me and my addiction in order to recover and the Rutland allowed me to do that.

If I had my phone and laptop I would have no excuse not to contact my highly dysfunctional family. That was huge for me.

Anyway that is my two cents.....just one experience, many would argue different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement