Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying apartment from PTSB

Options
  • 07-04-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone bought or tried to buy a property from PTSB? Apartment near a rental I have has been empty for 6+ years and I have found that Prtb held the mortgage and would like to make them an offer. Two bed in Dublin west area
    Any help/ advice would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The mortgage is a lien on the property- the PTSB (I presume- as the PRTB are the regulatory agency)- own a loan secured on the property, not the property itself.

Feel free to approach them to your hearts content- but there is no indication from the brief information you've given to us that the PTSB has any right to sell the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

FYI Prtb is a typo.
    I have not contacted PTSB so am guessing they can sell it!
    But any help/ advice would great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Thestart wrote: »
    FYI Prtb is a typo.

Simple you contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Thestart wrote: »
    FYI Prtb is a typo.

What information do you have that the bank owns the property? Just because a mortgage is with them doesn't mean they own it..maybe owner lives abroad or it is part of a will that's intestate. The bank will not be able to give you any information as to owner. Maybe try local estate agent to see if they know history of who may own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

The apartment is empty 6+ years and changed hands in early 2008 in 2010 my tenant called me to say that someone was breaking into the apartment! He went out to investigate and the guy breaking the door handle to get in said that he owned the apartment and was emptying it. He removed some small items and replaced the door handle and lock and that was the last we have seen of him. The management company don't know who owns it and can't contact the previous owner. The hallway is full of years of letters.
    I'm guessing that it's been repossessed by PTSB but don't have a clue how to go about making an offer or getting the owners name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0409/607741-finance-committee/
    Permanent TSB expects to repossess between 2,000 and 4,000 homes
    Sounds like PTSB might have a few more repossessions on the market soon enough.

Advertisement