Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for female kitten in Cork city area..

• 07-04-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello guys,

This is my first post so, HELLO, first of all.

To keep it short, me and my girlfriend are looking for a female kitten to adopt in Cork city area.

We've been looking now since 3 weeks and got no luck, apart of some potential kittens to be rehomed in a couple of months.

We've been checking with local dog pounds, contacting vets, calling pet shops and browsing Ad websites I'm not posting to avoid spamming.

If there's anyone looking for a female kitten to rehome (2 months age roughly), we'd be glad to take it, or if anyone can advise any alternative solution, we'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Simone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It's not quite kitten season just yet Simone - hold tough for another month/six weeks and your local rescues will be inundated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Welcome to the forum Seiferz :)

Boomerang is correct. There are lot's of lovelies to be homed soon so your best bet is tuning in with one of the rescues in your area.

As per our forum Charter we can't name one particualar one but this is a good site to get you started.

You're also free to private message anyone for advice. Let us know how you get on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Seiferz

Thank you very much for your replies. We'll keep on searching.

Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to PM me if you find a female kitten in need of home.

Thanks

Simone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Any reason you're looking for a female 2 month old? Kitty season is starting (I've already seen the pictures of the first kittens in one rescue, 3 days old) so you're due to get plenty of choice and also a chance to make a big difference in a kittens life. If you're only planning on getting 1 kitten please be aware it may make it having trouble dealing with other cats (depends on the cat but I've seen it more when single cats were raised) because they have not learned the social interaction a kitten gets with other cats were as two kittens can keep each other occupied (and the cost and care is very similar as one cat) while being among the cutest thing you'll see (two kittens falling asleep on each other).

Only something to have in the back of mind as you should not rush getting a kitten as you'll have it for the next 15+ years (and please get it insured from day 1; it can be such a difference in cost as the insurance will exclude any known problems and by insuring from day 1 there are no known problems!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Seiferz

Thanks for your reply Nody,

We'd gladly take a younger one, if they can be taken away from their mother. As we're on a lease and would like to avoid as much scratches and disruptions as possible (we're of course already taking precautions about it), we got advised that females don't tend to mark their areas by urinating and scratching around.

We were planning to get a cat since more than one year now, but couldn't as our previous home was too damp and wouldn't have been good for a cat to live in.

Please feel free to PM me if you know any other source getting ready to rehome kittens, and I'd be grateful if you could advise a good and cheap insurance service.

Thanks,

Simone

• Advertisement
Advertisement