Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

124 new homes for Clonsilla

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

M.Cribben wrote: »
    ... I have seen an old renovated house achieve A rating on Room to Improve this year. Can't remember the exact episode but I think it was a bungalow overlooking the sea somewhere in North Dublin.

Yeah - remember that - they had to make it completely airtight - and this was tested by an external testing agency pressure testing it to make sure no air at all leaked from the inside of the house - Getting under all those skirting boards etc air tight would be near impossible in a 70's house with air vents, attic openings etc. without stripping the house back and starting again.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 68,793 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You look at any older house, no matter what windows or insulation have been put in and they never go above a BER of C1. A new A-rated house is just far more energy efficient from day 1 and no amount of retro-fitting is going to make up the gap.

Having poked at the DEAP, I'd be fairly certain my "C2" from 1972 would be in to the Bs easily with external insulation and solar

• Registered Users Posts: 9 arrmadda86

460k for a 4-bed semi timber frame in Clonsilla is pretty steep. You can buy 4-bed concrete built houses in more settled parts of Castleknock for that price, without the added risk of social housing problems. Does anyone know what % of this development will be allocated to social housing?

I am interested in this as well, and how many houses altogether will be on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

arrmadda86 wrote: »
    460k for a 4-bed semi timber frame in Clonsilla is pretty steep. You can buy 4-bed concrete built houses in more settled parts of Castleknock for that price, without the added risk of social housing problems. Does anyone know what % of this development will be allocated to social housing?

I am interested in this as well, and how many houses altogether will be on the site?

Clue is in the thread title!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 arrmadda86

ongarboy wrote: »
    ahahahahaha!!
    that was the last place to look )))

but 124 houses in castlefield estate?? where they would fit them? Doesn't look like there is enough free land

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Housing crisis averted.

ahahahahaha!!
    that was the last place to look )))

but 124 houses in castlefield estate?? where they would fit them? Doesn't look like there is enough free land

The space does look tight alright. Will be interesting to see what the finished estate looks like.

On another note, the Hansfield houses fronting onto the Ongar Distributor Road are nearly all complete now with last of the roofs being fitted. I like the mix of 2 and 3 storey. Once Castlefield and Hansfield are complete, that entire road from Power City all the way to Little Pace will be finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

The space does look tight alright. Will be interesting to see what the finished estate looks like.
    Once Castlefield and Hansfield are complete, that entire road from Power City all the way to Little Pace will be finished!

Nice one looking ok...lets get the cars on the road now ... and wait extra,maybe 5-10 minutes !?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Does anyone know what % of this development will be allocated to social housing?

Zero apparently. It looks like work may be beginning on the opposite side of the road now also. Behind Portersgate, opposite Castlefield Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Moonjet

Zero apparently. It looks like work may be beginning on the opposite side of the road now also. Behind Portersgate, opposite Castlefield Court.

I thought it had to be at least 10% as per Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Moonjet wrote: »
    I thought it had to be at least 10% as per Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000 ?

I think you can apportion it somewhere else, if you've multiple developments.

OK, so all 3 beds sold out in Castlefield Hall and only 4 beds remaining starting from €460,000....!!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/the-ashford-castlefield-hall-clonsilla-dublin-15/4247562

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

That price looks very low to me, certainly in comparison to the others in the link between 300-500. Wonder why they've pitched it so low, would imagine closer to 500 than 400

I went to look at this house, they had put it on the market at €495 and a few days later changed it to €395 and when I asked why at the viewing, the estate agent said that it was because the vendor wanted to gain the interest but wouldn’t accept the asking price. He was looking for something nearer the mid 400’s. It’s sale agreed now. I’d be interested to know how much it went for in the end !

There’s no social housing in the development. Apparently the builders put the 10% elsewhere. However a different building company own the other half of the site so they might not have the same deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Does anyone know how many or what houses are due to be released in the next phase of the development next month?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

swatch wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many or what houses are due to be released in the next phase of the development next month?

Thanks.

More 4 beds. Price was 460 in the last phase and only likely to see a 5 grand rise in this coming phase.

myshirt wrote: »
    More 4 beds. Price was 460 in the last phase and only likely to see a 5 grand rise in this coming phase.

Are there any three beds to be released ?

SMPM wrote: »
    Are there any three beds to be released ?

Details for launch aren’t fully confirmed but apparently the builder is wanting to hold on to the 3 bed units and may only release the remaining 4 beds. Really disappointing, we had been holding out in the hopes of getting a 3 bed in this release.

Details for launch aren’t fully confirmed but apparently the builder is wanting to hold on to the 3 bed units and may only release the remaining 4 beds. Really disappointing, we had been holding out in the hopes of getting a 3 bed in this release.

That would be disappointing. Was that information from the estate agency ?

• Advertisement

That would be disappointing. Was that information from the estate agency ?

Yes from the EA just today, very difficult to get concrete information out of them. We had been to lead to believe all along that there would be 3 bed units in this release so I’m not sure why there’s been such a sudden u-turn.

Yes from the EA just today, very difficult to get concrete information out of them. We had been to lead to believe all along that there would be 3 bed units in this release so I’m not sure why there’s been such a sudden u-turn.

Developer possible might feel they'll get better long term return from renting them rather than selling them maybe? Lots of recent developments are being built as Build to Rent schemes.

Would they need to have that detailed in their planning permission?

Would they need to have that detailed in their planning permission?

I was wondering the exact same thing?

I’ve since contacted the developers and they have confirmed that they’re holding all 3 bed units for the rental market.

I was wondering the exact same thing?

I’ve since contacted the developers and they have confirmed that they’re holding all 3 bed units for the rental market.

Makes sense. The competition for 3 beds is strong, as is the demand. There's better return on the rental market with these as the fundamentals are good in terms of population and family size. If someone cannot pay the rent of 2k+, then you get another in to replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

myshirt wrote: »
    ... If someone cannot pay the rent of 2k+, then you get another in to replace them.

...I wish them well if they think that...

They can rent while rents are high.

They will always sell there, its a great location.

beauf wrote: »
    ...I wish them well if they think that...

They can rent while rents are high.

They will always sell there, its a great location.

Ireland is moving to a nation of renters rather than buyers. I can see good yield out there in Clonsilla. They'd sell yes, but renting is where it's at. You'll even see more pressure post Brexit in terms of rent.The fundamentals are good from an investor perspective. You'll consistently get 35 to 50% of a household income which is much better than trying to sell on a mortgage which may stay at 20-30% of a household income, and you get a better quality of tenant as those in low skilled jobs or single income households get pushed out to Navan, Bettystown, Balbriggan etc.

Not everyone agrees.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1213/1016879-rent_index/
    However, one concern for the future is that the number of landlords is falling, despite high rental prices and record demand.

There are 1,778 fewer landlords than there were three years ago, while tenancies have declined by 8,829.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

beauf wrote: »
    More professional landlords, fewer small fry?

• Advertisement

Also less tenancies.

Advertisement