Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

124 new homes for Clonsilla

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Daeltaja wrote: »

Couple of small things to note... Disappointed by the bare landscaping outside the houses, considering the estate agent said they'd all be done to the standard of the showhouse. Barely half the amount of plants and no tree. Also, a few houses had unsightly electricity boxes right outside their window in their flowerbed. Wouldn't be happy to be stuck with one of those.

Maybe it's just early days but contrast that with some of the Hansfield/Beechwood recent builds - their effort in landscaping before the house sales launch is very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Always check there are no trees too close to the house that can cause an issue later.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Did anyone get confirmation if there will be any social housing on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Did anyone get confirmation if there will be any social housing on site?

My daughter was looking at these. Yes, there will be social housing. The site is split between two cousins and the Part V social housing allocation is on one side. None on the other guys side. If you are looking for a social house there, they will just get allocated as normal, I don't think you can put your name in specifically for it.

Directly across the road / Hartstown has a lot of social housing and ex social housing, but in Castlefield you are only talking 15 units I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

myshirt wrote: »
    My daughter was looking at these. Yes, there will be social housing. The site is split between two cousins and the Part V social housing allocation is on one side. None on the other guys side. If you are looking for a social house there, they will just get allocated as normal, I don't think you can put your name in specifically for it.

Directly across the road / Hartstown has a lot of social housing and ex social housing, but in Castlefield you are only talking 15 units I believe.

Thanks for confirming, I'm in the process of buying a 4 bed there. It seems like the alloted social homes are on the north side facing the green as they haven't been "for sale".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Cdazmo

Hi
    Was just up with estate agent today . None of the houses currently built are being used for social or affordable housing they’re all private.
    The developer of Vista properties put his 10% in an off site development elsewhere in Dublin 15 think it might be Ongar I’m not sure .

As of now there’s only 9 more 4 bed houses to be sold in development .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monica.green

anyone knows if the are planning to resume building houses in the Castlefield Hall? the first builder has just wrapped things up it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monica.green

Anyone knows if / when they are going to resume building houses in Castlefield Hall estate. It looks half finished at the moment. The first builder wrapped things up it seems. Heard there is another one due to finish the entire site but the construction doesn’t seem to be resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

Anyone knows if / when they are going to resume building houses in Castlefield Hall estate. It looks half finished at the moment. The first builder wrapped things up it seems. Heard there is another one due to finish the entire site but the construction doesn’t seem to be resumed.

Knowing them lot the estate will be left looking like that, they will happily leave it like that as they did their other developments in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Funny, I was thinking about this as I drove by the other week. It looks very unfinished and concrete jungle looking with not a hint of greenery in sight. I'd hate to have purchased something for 400k+ there only to have the estate in that condition. St Joseph's which is being well discussed in another thread has loads of excellent landscaping, greenery, trees etc in place already before the first residents even move in. I'd have assumed if the first phase of Castlefield sold out, they'd quickly move to the remaining plot but I haven't seen new construction activity there since well before COVID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

ongarboy wrote: »
    Funny, I was thinking about this as I drove by the other week. It looks very unfinished and concrete jungle looking with not a hint of greenery in sight. I'd hate to have purchased something for 400k+ there only to have the estate in that condition. St Joseph's which is being well discussed in another thread has loads of excellent landscaping, greenery, trees etc in place already before the first residents even move in. I'd have assumed if the first phase of Castlefield sold out, they'd quickly move to the remaining plot but I haven't seen new construction activity there since well before COVID.

I think you are giving wrong information here. There's a plenty of greenery and park inside estate as per the plans I have seen and my visit.
    It has wide roads, creche and plenty of space around each house, compared to many estates I have seen recently. Here is the layout plan.
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=622878

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ladystardust

konline wrote: »
    I think you are giving wrong information here. There's a plenty of greenery and park inside estate as per the plans I have seen and my visit.
    It has wide roads, creche and plenty of space around each house, compared to many estates I have seen recently. Here is the layout plan.
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=622878

Looking at that plan, only a handful of houses will have access to the green immediately. The rest will have to turn a corner or go out of the view of their own house to get to it. Nice that its there but for the price of the houses there i wouldnt want my kids playing on a road, and no front garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Nearby estate Castlegrange (Developed by same developer(s)) was left looking like the way Castlefield does now for 5-6 years before development continued and the estate was eventually fully developed.

Advertisement