Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that was a quick response, Irish have to go straight back and score now. If we can get a couple of scores and get a stop I think it will make a huge difference. I said to a friend before the game that whoever puts 7 on the boards first in this one will win it.

not often you see to picks in a row

Wow, Golson intercepted and then an awful decision from Jameis and we get the ball back. Go Irish, lets get the td now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Two plays and two turnovers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That was one of the worst interceptions I've seen.

That was one of the worst interceptions I've seen.

both where pretty bad to be fair

now that was an outstanding throw

Awesome, Robinson with the great catch again, great play. Go Irish!!!!

Golson can at least use the excuse of the pass rush getting to him - Winston's was horrific.

• Advertisement

I know I'm a Notre Dame fan but in fairness Golson was hit as he threw the ball for that int.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I know I'm a Notre Dame fan but in fairness Golson was hit as he threw the ball for that int.

i agree and i didn't see the replay so maby I'm way off but it looked to me like he was throwing into double coverage either way.

eagle eye wrote: »

i agree and i didn't see the replay so maby I'm way off but it looked to me like he was throwing into double coverage either way.

i agree with ye though wins tons was far far worse

Quick three and out.......nice!

Irish D getting on top big time now. Another td here for a 14 point lead would be huge.

In other news, Marshall's Rakeem Cato just broke Russel Wilson's record for the most consecutive games with a td(his 39th) today.

Marshall still unbeaten.

• Advertisement

Good challenge, I think it was a bad spot.

Edit: They confirmed it? If they it stood I wouldn't have a problem, I thought he got it but it was definitely closer than the spot that was given.

Dumb challenge.

Surely Will Muschamp will be fired tomorrow. Florida down 35-0 at home to Missouri, despite Mizzu QB Maty Mauk being 6/16, 20 yards for 0 TDs and 1 Int. They have only 77 rushing yards too.

Surely Will Muschamp will be fired tomorrow. Florida down 35-0 at home to Missouri, despite Mizzu QB Maty Mauk being 6/16, 20 yards for 0 TDs and 1 Int. They have only 77 rushing yards too.

Make that 42-0. Another defensive TD for Mizzu.

Yes Fuller, Irish back in front by 7. This is a great game.

• Advertisement

This is as bad a Florida State defence as I can remember in recent history. Credit to ND all the same.

Great drive!

Need to stop them here - can't get into a shoot out with Winston who has come out to play in the 2nd half.

Jamesis Winston show this second half. Over to you Everett Golson.

Here we go, this is destiny time for Everett Golson and Notre Dame. Go Irish!!!

Big big stop. Down by 4, 3 minutes left!

Holyyyy..... surely not!?

Wow,1st down off a 4th and 18!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

wow.

Oh man. College Football always delivers.

• Advertisement

Oh man. So cruel.

GET IN!

Game over. Buttcheeks unclenched :D

I'm absolutely gutted after that. Fair play to the Seminoles for sticking with the Irish but I'm just sick. I thought they had done it and then this flag appears. :(:(:(

Pity the game ended the way it did - not sure about the call about offensive PI that wiped the TD. The commentators seemed pretty sure it was correct.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Pity the game ended the way it did - not sure about the call about offensive PI that wiped the TD.

Serious? One of the most blatant calls you'll see - surely a no-brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Pity the game ended the way it did - not sure about the call about offensive PI that wiped the TD. The commentators seemed pretty sure it was correct.

100% correct. As soon as the ball leaves the QB's hands you can't put your hands on the defender.

Serious? One of the most blatant calls you'll see - surely a no-brainer.

The corners were so tight, playing a yard off - the receivers just ran into them. I think you are allowed contact within 5 yards off the line. Maybe they extended their arms when there was really no need to. 88 looked open from the get go, he didn't need to be that wide open to catch for the TD.

The corners were so tight, playing a yard off - the receivers just ran into them. I think you are allowed contact within 5 yards off the line. Maybe they extended their arms when there was really no need to. 88 looked open from the get go, he didn't need to be that wide open to catch for the TD.

That WR engaged within 5 yards which is allowed but in College ball as soon as the ball leaves the QBs hands you have to disengage.

I think you are allowed contact within 5 yards off the line.

Nope, any downfield blocking once the ball is in the air is pass interference, regardless of it occurs 5 yards downfield or 55 yards downfield I'm afraid.

Cracking game. Hard to see anyone left on their schedule who can beat the Noles now, regardless of who wins the Coastal division.

• Advertisement

Love that little video - I'd watch an entire show of this with calls made from NFL games.....but only with Mike Pereira, not Mike Carey!

We're actually forgetting the most important factor too. There is no 5 yard rule in college. That only applies to the NFL.

We're actually forgetting the most important factor too. There is no 5 yard rule in college. That only applies to the NFL.

ya it was clearly the right call but still a very harsh way to lose the game from a fans perspective at least

Very true you can bump all the way down the field until the QB releases the football. Forgot about that last night with my previous post. The one plus side to college ball over the NFL allows players be physical until the ball is in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

A very odd stat line from DII college game between NGU & MHU

2nd 10:10 NGU N. Hughes 47 yd pass from N. Hughes (J. Gravely kick)

Throws the pass, deflects off the d linemans helmet, jinks past 4 defenders & runs 47 yards for a TD.

• Advertisement

I'm watching the Rajin Cajuns against Arkansas state right now. It was 34-9 halfway through the second quarter to Lafayette, Red Wolves pulled it back to 34-23. Tough opening to the second half with the Cajuns having a long drive stopped and punting to the 7 yard line. Red Wolves are getting nowhere and go with a fake punt from their own 6 yard line and fail miserably. Cajuns have just got the td to go up 41-23 now.

You really gotta wonder what a coach in thinking when he does something so stupid. You are telling your D who have just stopped the Cajuns that you don't trust them to do it again, you are taking the risk of giving the ball to the other team inside the 10 yard line with four plays to get it in. I just cannot understand that sort of stupidity.

So same coach, late in the game, they get a touchdown to get it to 41-32 and go for two instead of the point after. They fail and the Red Wolves are now still two scores behind. This coach has to get the boot, he has cost his team the game.

Longhorns D is doing very well against Kansas State but their offense is getting nowhere. A real tough game this one. Waters is not looking good for the Wildcats, he has a shoulder injury and I think they are going to have to take him out if it continues as its going right now.

During halftime in the game I just thought about Joe Bergeron who I thought was going to be a great one and did well at Texas but was suspended for unspecified violation of team regulations. He went to Texas A&M Commerce and was doing very well there but was suspended for the very same thing there on October 11. I'd love to know what the problem is but clearly he has a big issue and is a problem wherever he goes.

I think he could have done well in the NFL if he has put his head down but we won't likely ever see him again now.

350 pound lineman throwing a thud in the Arkansas game. Cant find it on youtube yet.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11759773

• Advertisement
Advertisement