Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Notre Dame with a TD on the second play. Golson to Procise for about 80 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

He was always going to get one of those long throws to Coates! Should be a good second half here. 14-14 a piece in Auburn vs Ole Miss

Irish up 21 - 7. Totally dominating the Navy defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Auburn back up 28-24. Ole Miss going to have to come back again. Plenty of time though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Championship response by Auburn after going ten down. Now keep the foot on the peddle.

End of the 3rd. Someone's title run is about to end.

• Advertisement

Sammie Coates. Sammie Coates.

Huge turnover for Auburn. Looked like seven for Ole Miss, now Auburn have a chance to make it really hard for Ole Miss to win it.

Golson turnover at the end of the first half completely changed the momentum in this game.

28 - 24 to Notre Dame and Navy have the ball.

Auburn are still winning and losing games by the finest margins. Incredible. Still alive.

Supporting the Tigers is not good for your health..

Despite the numbers on offense another ugly win for Notre Dame. Most years this fixture against Navy is a frustrating 3.5 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Irish did themselves no favours tonight. The turnovers from Golson were awful and the D was on the field too often and got tired early in the game. In the end though it was still a ten point victory.

Still even after a performance like that it will be interesting to see the rankings. The Irish lost to the no.2 team in similar fashion to how Ole Miss lost to the no.3 seed, Auburn, so lets just see how the rankings go this week.
    Miss State had a close call tonight against Arkansas, it was very close to going to overtime.
    How much credit do Oregon get for beating an unranked Stanford? They won pretty well to be fair to them.
    TCU and Oregon State will be very tight in the rankings after tonight with the Horned Frogs sneaking by West Virginia and the Wildcats beating OK State by a similar margin to what TCU did.
    Baylor should be moving up again after an outstanding performance against a poor Kansas.

A very interesting game next weekend will be Ohio State @ Michigan State.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Just watched back Ole Miss-Auburn. What a tough way to lose a football game.

I just seen the rankings for this week right now. Notre Dame get jumped despite winning which seems ridiculous.

The other thing I noticed is that Marshall are not ranked despite an unbeaten season so far. I just don't understand how this is in any way fair when you have a bunch of two loss teams ranked. I understand they don't have a strong schedule but surely a team that remains unbeaten deserves their chance. WVU have three losses and are still ranked.

Selection committee bias towards teams in the power 5 conferences. A lot of TV money etc goes to the conference if one of their teams make it into the playoffs. There are so many variables that can be used to rank college football teams; the committee can pick and choose from these to justify their decision.

Anyhow WHEN Notre Dame beat #9 Arizona State on the road tomorrow night they should be worth a big bump in the rankings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Read an interesting article yesterday about how the new system is unlikely to do any better a selection job than the old one. Tended to agree with most of it. There are going to be the usual howls of protest from various schools around the country this year, make no mistake.

Bateman wrote: »
    Read an interesting article yesterday about how the new system is unlikely to do any better a selection job than the old one. Tended to agree with most of it. There are going to be the usual howls of protest from various schools around the country this year, make no mistake.

i can't remember who said it but one of the podcasts i listen to said at the time they where selected that the people selected for the committee where ridiculous as they nearly are all biased. apparently they could have been better selected.

i think i read somewhere that a fair few of the people on the committee are actually still involved with teams (i could be wrong on this)

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just seen the rankings for this week right now. Notre Dame get jumped despite winning which seems ridiculous.

The other thing I noticed is that Marshall are not ranked despite an unbeaten season so far. I just don't understand how this is in any way fair when you have a bunch of two loss teams ranked. I understand they don't have a strong schedule but surely a team that remains unbeaten deserves their chance. WVU have three losses and are still ranked.

i understand there reluctance to include marshall to an extent as there schedule has been very easy and there selection would encourage top teams to schedule nobody schools.

however i remember there where people making the argument that a one loss alabama team should be in the bcs bowl instead of fsu last year for the same reason which was ridiculous and a similar argument was made in 2012 when notre dame went undefeated.

the bottom line is yes the power 5 but to a greater extent the sec feel that they are devision 1a football and everyone else is devision 1b. iv seen people get mad already that alabama are behind fsu even though fsu are undefeated and alabama have not looked great this year outside of the texas a and m game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's because the stats men love Alabama. At first glance, their schedule has been weak so far but consider that they are #3 in the nation in Pass Efficiency, #11 in Total Offence, #2 in Rush Defence, #2 in Scoring Defence, #2 in 3rd Down Offensive Efficiency, #2 in Game Control, #4 Strength of Record and #1 FPI.

If Bama win out in November (LSU, Mississippi State, Auburn) and win the SEC Championship, they'll be #1 or #2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Looking forward to Auburn tomorrow night, think they could do a number on A&M

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nolllaig

Tmz have a crazy accusation about Jamies and the Louisville game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

nolllaig wrote: »
    Tmz have a crazy accusation about Jamies and the Louisville game.

Since you didn't elaborate:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/07/jameis-winston-allegations-point-shaving-louisville-chris-rabb/

Point shaving accusations. If true this guy is an even bigger clown that we all thought previous.

From now on if anything terrible happens in the world, be it natural disaster, genocide or act of terrorism, I'm just going to assume Winston was responsible unless proven otherwise. It's just going that way now.

To be fair, this is an outlandish accusation that I'm going to assume is completely made up. Why? Because Incarcerated Bob is the one who first broke it.

Baylor making a statement at Oklahoma. Up 38 - 14 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Two successive TDs for ASU off two Golson turnovers. Notre Dame already down 17 - 3 and in a big hole.

This is a horrible start. Golson looks shaken by his play so far. I feel this is the end of the dream for this year, I just can't see what they are going to do to get back into this game.:(

Third turnover for a pick 6. Horror show.

Horrific stuff all around from the Irish. The D look even worse than they did last week and Golson seems to have gotten more fumble prone as the weeks have gone by.

Irish TD ends the first half to leave them down 34 - 10 but they will get the ball first in the 2nd half.

Clutching at straws here!

Wow, someone come up with a cool nickname for Kyle Allen - four 1st half touchdowns.

Auburn are in a spot of bother. Down 17 - 35 at halftime.

• Advertisement

Its down to a 10 point lead. Another big defensive show here and its possible. This has been a fantastic second half defensive performance so far. Offense has picked it a good bit too. Go Irish!!!

Notre Dame now down 24 - 34 and have left 10 points out there on the field in the 2nd half. 9 minutes to go.

This Tigers' team are never dead.. back to a seven point game with the first play of the final quarter. Make a stop..

Another three and out although its under review, big chance now to get to within three. You'd have to fancy they can go and tie it up at the very least if they get the td here.

Fupping hell!

This is Jeckel and Hyde football.

OMG!!! And just like that its down to three. Go Irish!!!! Go D, one more stop and we can do it!!! Yes, yes, yes.

• Advertisement

Ugh, what happened to the D that has been stopping them all through the second half. Down by ten again.:rolleyes:

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ugh, what happened to the D that has been stopping them all through the second half. Down by ten again.:rolleyes:

Just when they had us believing again! Golson's in the zone so there's still time.

And that's that, how do you let the ball go like that. No fault on Golson, Robinson has had a good game but he just blew it there.

Giving up 28 points off turnovers is not playoff material unfortunately.

Now 41-38 to A&M with 6:42 to go. Christ, Auburn.

• Advertisement

Just not good enough unfortunately. I'm shouting for Ohio State to make it now. A big game tonight, if they manage to win it they are right back in the thick of it for a top four spot.

Looks like Auburn will be the comeback kings tonight. Great throw from Marshall there.

Ah well. Still giving heart attacks but out of miracles.

Spotlight now swings onto Alabama who are up next against a rejuvenated LSU.

Looking forward to this game. Delighted it's on ESPN.

Bit disappointed that ND lost - wanted us to be the ones to kill their season, but it is what it is ;)

Just got in to watch a Utah WR do a Desean Jackson and drop the ball in celebration before getting into the Endzone. Oregon D pick it up and go 99 yards down the other way to score. Idiot.

Oh TJ. There goes Bama's playoff bid!

Spoke too soon, we have OT. But not for me, I'm out on my feet. Will catch up on this one tomorrow.

This is cool. Active Navy Seal goes back to college and walks on to Northwestern Football and he is 33.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/tom-hruby-northwestern-wildcats-navy-seal-debut-michigan-110814

110814-CFB-Northwestern-Wildcats-defensive-lineman-Tom-Hruby-SS-PI.vadapt.955.medium.0.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement